Thread: HPTA help..

trusted is offline Junior Member

HPTA help..

hey guys, i'm confused as hell with HPTA and how it works, if mine were in the shutdown range, or just decreased, would my doctor get me on HRT to get it back up? or would i just take HCG ?

**also.... can anyone explain HPTA? also if it lowers, does it lower your testosterone ?

Thanks in advance.

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    HPTA is your Hypothalmus Pituitary Testosterone Axis.

The hpothalmus is a part of the brain that controls much of your endocrine system, it is in charge of your pituitary gland. Your pituitary gland secretes many different hormones including HGH, LH, FSH among others, but for this we will focus on LH and FSH. So basically the HPTA is not a thing per se, but more of an explanation of hwo the body mantains homeostasis in regards to Testosterone. Basically testosterone acts in a negative feedback loop, by that I mean you start with the Hypothalmus it tells the anterior pituitary to secrete LH and FSH, those work on the leydig cells to signal them to produce testosterone. As your testosterone levels increase, the Hypothalmus recieves a signal to tell the pituitary to stop secreting LH and FSH so then the Leydig cells in the testes are no longer getting the signal to produce testosterone, thus maintaining a normal level of Testosterone on the body.

So basically if you are taking exogenous testosterone to supraphysiological levels, your body will shut down it's own production of the hormone.

SOmetimes in the body, the threashold somehow gets set artificially low on it's own due to any number of different factors, and HRT is required, or in many cases the body produces less testosterone, but it is not necessarily due to this particular function.

Quote Originally Posted by MJRuff01 View Post
    HPTA is your Hypothalmus Pituitary Testosterone Axis.

The hpothalmus is a part of the brain that controls much of your endocrine system, it is in charge of your pituitary gland. Your pituitary gland secretes many different hormones including HGH, LH, FSH among others, but for this we will focus on LH and FSH. So basically the HPTA is not a thing per se, but more of an explanation of hwo the body mantains homeostasis in regards to Testosterone. Basically testosterone acts in a negative feedback loop, by that I mean you start with the Hypothalmus it tells the anterior pituitary to secrete LH and FSH, those work on the leydig cells to signal them to produce testosterone. As your testosterone levels increase, the Hypothalmus recieves a signal to tell the pituitary to stop secreting LH and FSH so then the Leydig cells in the testes are no longer getting the signal to produce testosterone, thus maintaining a normal level of Testosterone on the body.

So basically if you are taking exogenous testosterone to supraphysiological levels, your body will shut down it's own production of the hormone.

SOmetimes in the body, the threashold somehow gets set artificially low on it's own due to any number of different factors, and HRT is required, or in many cases the body produces less testosterone, but it is not necessarily due to this particular function.
    awesome post, i am understand it alot better now.

what is LH?

what is FSH?

So your saying if my htpa is shut down... will they use hrt (test) to get me back going, or just HCG ?

MJRuff01 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trusted View Post
    awesome post, i am understand it alot better now.

what is LH?

what is FSH?

So your saying if my htpa is shut down... will they use hrt (test) to get me back going, or just HCG?
    LH is Leutinizing hormone
    FSH is Follicle stimulating hormone

If the problem is with your feedback system, then hCG would be the smarter choice to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by MJRuff01 View Post
    LH is Leutinizing hormone
    FSH is Follicle stimulating hormone

If the problem is with your feedback system, then hCG would be the smarter choice to start with.

cool,appreciate all the help!

alright, well if they give me a shot of 250 test cyp and b12 on mondays, and my hpta is shut down.. will the testosterone get me back going? or does it not work?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    alright, well if they give me a shot of 250 test cyp and b12 on mondays, and my hpta is shut down.. will the testosterone get me back going? or does it not work?
    NO...it will do just the opposite...he just said...hcg could restart you...shooting test is why a lot of ppl on this forum are on trt

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    NO...it will do just the opposite...he just said...hcg could restart you...shooting test is why a lot of ppl on this forum are on trt
    ok so my testosterone wont rise if my hpta is shut down??? or will it, but just fall down after cycle.

ok so my testosterone wont rise if my hpta is shut down??? or will it, but just fall down after cycle.
    i will try one more time...your t levels are SHIT...THIS MEANS YOUR SHUT DOWN(HPTA)(NOT MAKING T YOURSELF)...shooting test DOESNT FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MAKES YOUR T LEVELS GO UP AND FEEL BETTER.....hcg can possibly restart your own natural production and possibly raise your T a little but nothing like continuing taking your 250mg of test...not yelling...just accentuating

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i will try one more time...your t levels are SHIT...THIS MEANS YOUR SHUT DOWN(HPTA)(NOT MAKING T YOURSELF)...shooting test DOESNT FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MAKES YOUR T LEVELS GO UP AND FEEL BETTER.....hcg can possibly restart your own natural production and possibly raise your T a little but nothing like continuing taking your 250mg of test...not yelling...just accentuating
    .. well im going back monday and going to ask for a hcg shot.. so 250mg a week wont get gains until i fix my hpta???

.. well im going back monday and going to ask for a hcg shot.. so 250mg a week wont get gains until i fix my hpta???
    never said that...r u purposely trying to confuse??????? where r u getting lost?????

EZ E is offline Associate Member
    250mg of test per week will give you gains beyond what your body could probably ever produce naturally, but it will not restore you natural function. In order to do this you need to have blood work done to see what your hormone levels are. If your LH/FSH is high and your test levels are low, this indicates that the 'problem' is with your testes and HCG MAY 'kick start' them. If your LH/FSH is low then the issue is with your pituitary and HCG, while it will temporarily raise your testosterone , wont "fix" the problem. In this case something like clomid would be used to try to stimulate the pituitary to begin producing more LH.

Do you have any bloodwork results?
    Have you used AAS or pro hormones in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    250mg of test per week will give you gains beyond what your body could probably ever produce naturally, but it will not restore you natural function. In order to do this you need to have blood work done to see what your hormone levels are. If your LH/FSH is high and your test levels are low, this indicates that the 'problem' is with your testes and HCG MAY 'kick start' them. If your LH/FSH is low then the issue is with your pituitary and HCG, while it will temporarily raise your testosterone , wont "fix" the problem. In this case something like clomid would be used to try to stimulate the pituitary to begin producing more LH.

Do you have any bloodwork results?
    Have you used AAS or pro hormones in the past?
    Hey man, thanks for making it so clear on the ideal.

onto the blood work, yeah i went in and they just told me i was low T over the phone and asked me to come in for a shot, so i've seen the paper once, i asked the nurse today if i could set down with the doctor next time and clearify is more clear about my hpta possibly being shut down, and ask for hcg shot.

yeah in the passed i just prohormones on the market that had superdrol in them both.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    An easy way to think about it is if you add Testosterone to your system your body will detect it and think it does not need to produce any more since it's already there so it will shut down.

HCG can kick start your glands that produce the Testosterone. It does not add any testosterone per say it only makes the gland do it's job if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    An easy way to think about it is if you add Testosterone to your system your body will detect it and think it does not need to produce any more since it's already there so it will shut down.

HCG can kick start your glands that produce the Testosterone. It does not add any testosterone per say it only makes the gland do it's job if possible.
    couldn't of said it better, thanks man.

Thread Information