supe3 is offline Associate Member

testosterone and propecia

I am currently on testosterone replacement therapy, doctor prescribed from my endo at 100mg every week. I have been noticing latly that my hair is thinning out a lot so I went to a dermatologists to talk to her about it. I asked about Finasteride(Propecia), and she called it a "anti testosterone ". That was the first I have heard of that. So I wanted to know if taking Finasteride would require an increase in the amount of testosterone I use or if what she said is BS.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thinning hair can also be from low estrogen. Are you on an AI as part of your HRT? What is your T and E2 levels?

LightBearer631 is offline New Member
    did you have any symptoms of hair loss before? whats youre age? i havnt heard of hairloss on such a low dose
    also, propecia is not anti testosterone , what it does is inhibit DHT, we know that dht is formed from testosterone, now DHT is what keeps estrogen levels in check, so when you inhibit dht, you may be messing with your E. this is why some people get gyno from propecia, but i would think that youre test100 would even out any rising estrogen

supe3 is offline Associate Member
    I am 31 and have been on trt for a number of years I did up my dose to 200mg a week for about a month a couple months ago. (kinda forgot about that) I have went back to my normal 100mg dose in the last week as i never felt a diffrence in the increase. I have never had any problems with hair loss in the past. I do not know what my estro and test levels are at right now. I am due to be tested this month. I am also not on an AI.

Thread Information