mrmcqueen is offline New Member

bringing in TRT cream into the US via plane - is it ok?

Hi People,

I will be flying into the US (Cali) next month for business. I am an Australian citizen and would like to bring a tube of AndroForte 5% with me.
    Will I get busted? do I need to bring a letter from my doctor? if so, what do I need to have written out?

Thanks!

jdw999 is offline New Member
    Testosterone in only legally available by prescription in the US. I am not a law enfor***ent officer but I would think that it would be like any other drug and that you would have to show that you can legally have it with you. I don't know that just a letter would be enough "proof", I would think that you would need a valid prescription and that the tube would have to be labled as such with your name, the pharmacy name, dr name, dosing instructions, etc....

jdw999 is offline New Member
    Here ya go........

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...gyQypZaw%3D%3D

Traveling with medications and medical devices, such as needles or oxygen tanks

Can I travel with medications and medical devices, such as needles or oxygen tanks?

Prescription medications should be in their original containers, it is advised that you travel with no more than personal use quantities, a rule of thumb is no more than a 90 day supply. If medications or devices are not in their original containers, you should have a copy of your prescription with you.

The FDA is responsible for pharmaceutical admissibility determinations. If you have any questions as to whether a specific pharmaceutical may be imported into the United States, please contact the FDA, Division of Import Operations and Policy, at (301) 796-0356.

If you are traveling with medical devices such as needles or oxygen tanks that could pose a security or safety concern to others, be sure to have a copy of the prescription for those items from your doctor. You should also contact the Transportation Security Administration about any additional requirements they may have.

Thanks for that JDW. I will get a letter from my Doc stating that he put me on this particular cream. I will declare it at customs in the US. That can't **** me of that... Im sure.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I researched this a several months ago. If you have a US prescription, you can actually purchase the compounds abroad and carry them back into the US. There is a limit; however. If memory servers me, the limit for steroids was 30 days worth. I could be off on this though and the limit could be as high as 6 month's supply.

problem is, I am going to US on business for 3 weeks and am not a US citizen. I really need to take my cream with me, otherwise I am foooked.

Thread Information