eightythree is offline Junior Member

Clomid Monotherapy for Secondary Hypogonadism

What are your thoughts on this? Anyone currently doing this?

Vettester is offline Banned
    My own personal views are if you have secondary hypogonadism, then to me that's more of a permanent condition, which eventually will need to be treated with some form of exogenous test. If the HPTA is temporarily shutdown due to a steroid cycle, then that's a good treatment to get it functioning optimally again. However, if it's been suppressed for any real length of time, and/or you get to 35+yo and start getting the andropause symptoms, then more times than not the better treatment (IMO) will be bio identical HRT.

Just depends on a lot of variables (age, stats, lifestyle, BW results, and what you want to achieve).

Renholder is offline Associate Member
    The success rate with this therapy seems to be very inconsistent, but the fact is that there are quite a few success stories and several studies who affirms the efficacy of clomiphene monotherapy, even side-by-side studies with exogenous testosterone .

A common report is no increase in libido in spite of increased testosterone levels .

In my opinion, it is stupid to not try it and see if it works before you try anything else.

killemall is offline New Member
    I'm on toremifene to try and get my testosterone levels up and estrogen levels down. I'm 21, most doctors wont prescribe trt for someone under 30 unless theyre in dire need of it.

I'm only on the 5th dose of it, 6th tonight. and I'm not going to lie I have less pain in my joints and my headaches that I usually get all day are a lot less painful. I've also noticed more endurance ( I play league basketball ). Those are the pro's so far. I'm just really nervous about coming off and having everything go back to the way it was.

MrManGuy84 is offline New Member
    Search "every full-text clomid study you've ever wanted" and go to the top link. I put a post there on clomid monotherapy. It includes several studies about the use of clomid monotherapy that you will probably find useful.

eightythree is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killemall View Post
    I'm on toremifene to try and get my testosterone levels up and estrogen levels down. I'm 21, most doctors wont prescribe trt for someone under 30 unless theyre in dire need of it.

I'm only on the 5th dose of it, 6th tonight. and I'm not going to lie I have less pain in my joints and my headaches that I usually get all day are a lot less painful. I've also noticed more endurance ( I play league basketball ). Those are the pro's so far. I'm just really nervous about coming off and having everything go back to the way it was.
    What were your before and after Test levels? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect, how do you feel before and after treatment?

killemall is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eightythree View Post
    What were your before and after Test levels? On a scale of 1-10, 10 being perfect, how do you feel before and after treatment?
    I've only taken my 6th dose so I been on for only 9 days. I'm getting blood work after the cycle which is about 41 days. I'll definitely let you guys know.

Wildcat9 is offline New Member
    Have you had any success with Toremifene? Are you still on it?

Thread Information