10am
    Red apple

1PM
    2 chicken breast
    Lookin good bro 'cept the shake...

Henryhill470 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT

Lookin good bro 'cept the shake...
    I have had a headache all dam^ day. Not sure why ?????

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryhill470 View Post
    I have had a headache all dam^ day. Not sure why ?????

Like I said before, its gonna take about 10 days to allow your body to START getting back to normal... You 'could' experience headaches, body aches, dizziness and a loss of appetite.. Just know that around day 10 this will start to subside..

A good site I frequent is This Site
    This will explain the 'why' etc.. Check it out..
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 02-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.

My headache finally went away after I started eating dinner tonight. Maybe my body was calling for protein ?? By sure. But I feel great

12oz of flank steak
    Baked broccoli
    Carrot timbale (basically spreader carrots & eggs)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-1543414456.jpg  

Starting another day with a horrible headache.

Try putting more fat in your meals.. Costco has a tub of coconut oil for $21 and will last you a while.. Has MILD sweetness to it and works with almost everything.. That and Extra Light Olive Oil.. Also get some Cashews from Costco, $14.99 for like 2.5 lbs.. From the looks of your logs, I dont see any added fat, this could be your issue plus it'll help with energy levels...

Try putting more fat in your meals.. Costco has a tub of coconut oil for $21 and will last you a while.. Has MILD sweetness to it and works with almost everything.. That and Extra Light Olive Oil.. Also get some Cashews from Costco, $14.99 for like 2.5 lbs.. From the looks of your logs, I dont see any added fat, this could be your issue plus it'll help with energy levels...
    Will do. I do feel more droggy then normal.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll second that. For me to get enough calories in on paleo there was a lot if fat consumed. Like that flank steak had a healthy amount to it. I cook a lot with coconut oil, good stuff.
    You go and eat a meal of chicken breast only its going to get to you. Or eggs without the yolks etc.

kerplunk is offline New Member
    Did you recently cut caffeine from your diet? This will give you terrible headaches.

I'll tell you what, I love coffee and since starting Whole30 I like BLACK coffee even more... I am sort of a coffee dork, have my own grinder, press and only use reverse osmosis water.. I make my own cream (before whole30) which consists of whole milk, hot cocoa mix and my bullet blender.. Fresh, 3 day old roasted beans and I am in heaven.. NOW, black coffee tastes so frickin good right now it is mind boggling... I cannot imagine what is going to happen to me this thursday after my 30 days are up, what I am going to think of my old style cream... It'll probably be too damn sweet!

Long story short, caffeine is a life saver! It picks me up when I start feeling a bit slower than normal..

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk
    Did you recently cut caffeine from your diet? This will give you terrible headaches.
    No, occasionally would drink an absolute zero monster but not enough to say its a consistent substance in my diet.

Here is an update to where I am at as of about 1pm today.. Giving you an idea what you can look forward too if you really stick to your guns on eating whole foods.. I fasted today (8pm meal last night) didnt eat till 1pm today after my workout..

January 4th I was 237.1.... Up until january 22nd I fuked around with the whole30 idea to get me semi used to the way I was going to eat.. Lost a quite a bit during those 2 weeks but really closely monitored progress starting Feb 1st...

Friday 2-1-13
    227lbs

Monday 2-4-13
    228lbs day after super bowl fasted 16 hours

Friday 2-8-13
    223.9lbs
    fasted 17.5 hours

Monday 2-11-13
    221.7 fasted 17.5 hours

Friday 2-15-13
    222.8 slacked a bit on my workouts and ate a bit too much fat in my foods I think...

Monday 2-18-13
    221.9 Fasted again another 17 hours and did a mild 30 minute cardio session

Tuesday 2-19-13
    218! Fasted again another 17 hours and did a mild 20 minute cardio session before weighing myself.

Tomorrow is my last full day of the whole30 program. My initial weight goal on Day 1 was getting to 217 so we will see what I weigh in at Thursday around noon... Yes I am fasting every day this week, HOWEVER, I am still eating to the point of getting stuffed from Meat, Fat and Veggies... Little, very little amounts of fruit this week...

No, occasionally would drink an absolute zero monster but not enough to say its a consistent substance in my diet.
    Ditch the Monsters! lol.. There have all kinds of other BS ingredients and the acidity of this drink in your system is going to mess you all up.. It takes like 15 8oz glasses of water to neutralize the acid in your system from 1 energy drink. If you want to continue seeing the results you are now, stop the energy drinks... I know I sound like a nagging wife however I've already experienced these setbacks and when you dont see progress your mind starts questioning wtf... Trust Me...

Ditch the Monsters! lol.. There have all kinds of other BS ingredients and the acidity of this drink in your system is going to mess you all up.. It takes like 15 8oz glasses of water to neutralize the acid in your system from 1 energy drink. If you want to continue seeing the results you are now, stop the energy drinks... I know I sound like a nagging wife however I've already experienced these setbacks and when you dont see progress your mind starts questioning wtf... Trust Me...
    I haven't had one this whole progress. I had a orange 16oz Gatorade 2 Monday. Other than that I have only had water.

Ok good.. Water is pretty much all I drink too with coffee about 2-3 times a day...

Ok good.. Water is pretty much all I drink too with coffee about 2-3 times a day...
    I try to get 1.5 gallons a day. I get the majority of it while I work out.

One of this best books I have found so far pertaining to Paleo foods
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-2117703814.jpg  

Tonight's dinner
    Fresh shrimp with red peppers and onions
    And salad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-3298567086.jpg  

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    What about carbs? I have been doing the diet thing a LONG time now used some of the best Alan Aragon and Dr Layne Norton as my coach with great results. The Paleo is okay but it makes food taboo and can cause eating disorders, no food should be off-limits unless a allergy but do whatever makes you feel good, just like the HCG "diet" lol

You can have Carbs while on Paleo.. Where does it say you cannot? Have you actually read up on Paleo and what the benefits are? I agree on the allergy part, Dairy, Grains, and some PUFA's, "most" humans actually are allergic to these.. So, cutting them out of your lifestyle completely rids you of the Inflammation amongst many other ailments... I guess Opinions are like A$$holes, everyone has 'em.

Breakfast
    8 eggs for
    6 oz tuna

Lunch
    Chicken salad
    Banana

Dinner
    10 flank steak
    Asparagus
    Salad

My hunger is less and less each day. I'm mentally worried I'm not eating enough to grow. But they may be the lifter in me ?? If you don't eat, you don't grow.

7am
    Bowl of mixed fresh fruit
    10 egg whites 2 yolks

1PM
    8oz if chicken breast with mushrooms and onions
    Side Salad

6:30PM
    6oz chicken breast cut up in a bowl with
    Corn, peas, carrots,

My hunger is less and less each day. I'm mentally worried I'm not eating enough to grow. But they may be the lifter in me ?? If you don't eat, you don't grow.
    This is normal.. By eating WHOLE foods, your body is starting to figure out that it does not need the amounts of food it thought it did before.. Basically, by eating the other garbage foods, our brains were not ever becoming satisfied with the amounts of food we were eating so we over consumed.. The chemicals in those foods were telling our brains how good it was, you're not full, keep eating.. Chemists, in Labs spent years and years researching on how to make foods taste good, yet not feel full.. I'm going to find an article that was just published yesterday, we all should read it and understand what the fuk has been going on with our food industry for the last 60 years...

I'll post more Science-y stuff down the road when I can express it here in a way you will understand.. I am still learning..

24oz of Protein today, you are doing just fine.. Stop with the corn tho, it has no benefit, actually hurts you... Keep the grains off your plate...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/ma...?smid=pl-share

Its 14 pages, so read it at home, if you are at work...

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 38onTRT View Post
    This is normal.. By eating WHOLE foods, your body is starting to figure out that it does not need the amounts of food it thought it did before.. Basically, by eating the other garbage foods, our brains were not ever becoming satisfied with the amounts of food we were eating so we over consumed.. The chemicals in those foods were telling our brains how good it was, you're not full, keep eating.. Chemists, in Labs spent years and years researching on how to make foods taste good, yet not feel full.. I'm going to find an article that was just published yesterday, we all should read it and understand what the fuk has been going on with our food industry for the last 60 years...

I'll post more Science-y stuff down the road when I can express it here in a way you will understand.. I am still learning..

24oz of Protein today, you are doing just fine.. Stop with the corn tho, it has no benefit, actually hurts you... Keep the grains off your plate...
    I agree with this 100% and have been saying it for years. They are in the BUSINESS to make money not to keep you alive, in fact who knows maybe big pharma gives them a kick back for making people sick and over weight. I know this sounds bad but it's true.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/ma...?smid=pl-share

Its 14 pages, so read it at home, if you are at work...
    Will check this out tonight when I get off of work. Long asssssssds day today

Is anyone besides 38 following this thread ? If not then I'm gonna stop posting.

Guess not. I will finish this thread by saying in 10 days of 100% a clean Paleo diet I have lost 8lbs. My urge for snacks at work have went away. I try to eat as much meat and veggi's at each meal as I can.

I will update this thread in a few weeks with some overall pics and updates. Thanks everyone !!

"38" I will send you a PM to continue our talks. Thanks buddy !!!!!

Trific is offline Member
    I find it interesting to follow your thread and I must not be the only one as it said there were 926 views...

Quote Originally Posted by Trific
    I find it interesting to follow your thread and I must not be the only one as it said there were 926 views...
    I saw that too but no input, just didn't want to add a useless thread !

For you buddy .. .... I will continue !!!

kerplunk is offline New Member
    I check this thread out whenever I'm on the site. I have been on the Primal Blueprint diet for almost a month and have lost about 12 pounds. Eating paleo is great once you get used to it, the only thing that I don't like is my numbers in the gym have dropped considerably. I guess all the cereal, bread, and pasta was good for something. oh well.

One other thing since starting this diet my blood pressure has dropped enough that I no longer need my daily pill!

Quote Originally Posted by kerplunk
    I check this thread out whenever I'm on the site. I have been on the Primal Blueprint diet for almost a month and have lost about 12 pounds. Eating paleo is great once you get used to it, the only thing that I don't like is my numbers in the gym have dropped considerably. I guess all the cereal, bread, and pasta was good for something. oh well.

One other thing since starting this diet my blood pressure has dropped enough that I no longer need my daily pill!
    That's great to hear about your BP. The only thing that I have noticed is I'm always tired. I used to be able to go to sleep at 11PM and wake up at 530AM and was sharp as a tack !!!! Now I drag myself out of bed by 6am. Not sure why ??! You would think it would be the other way around.

10 days on a 30-40 day paleo lifestyle change is just the beginning.. It takes about that long for your mind and body to start figuring out what's going on so it can re adjust to what it is you're doing.. The energy will come back, I promise however,,, you gotta remember to incorporate more fats into your meals! Very important!! If you cannot do this then have a bit of fruit instead.. Not a lot, just enough like a small banana or cup of fruit along with your meal.. Or, cook with more fat, then hold off on the fruit.. Also, try black coffee, this helps me before a workout, tremendously! The energy will come back around day 12 as long as you don't cheat! 10 days in, you're over the hump!! Fat adaptation is starting to take place so your liver will now immediately go to your fat stores for energy instead of using all the crap carbs and sugar for energy. You will be bouncing off the walls soon as long as you don't cheat, eat enough fat or a bit of fruit.. Trust me!

Keep posting here bro as there are lots of views, tons of great info for others who will someday need it. At the end of my whole30, I lost 18lbs and 25 overall just eating better 2 weeks prior to the start of my journey on the whole30 program..
    The results will be positive for you if you stick to it!

I also have been able to totally drop my blood pressure meds too.. I was on 3 total meds, 2 pills. I'm done with all! My BP was 145/95-ish or higher if I wasn't on anything (38 years young).. Now my BP is 130/ 73 consistently... This way of life is no joke for me anymore. I will never eat anything other than real, whole foods forever.. My goal is to help and inspire as many people as I can as Big Business Food Industry is out for only 1 thing.. MONEY. They are using us and our bodies we are "borrowing" for this life to do this and they could give 2 $hits and a fart about any of us.. Whatever helps them and their shareholders is al they care about.
    Last edited by 38onTRT; 02-24-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Feel great this morning.

9AM
    4 EGG MUFFINS (not what you think)
    6oz of lean chicken breast
    1 banana
    1/2 almonds

I take 12 farm raised eggs put them into a bowl with fresh mushrooms, assorted peppers and onions. Mix it up and pour it into a mini muffin pan. Bake it at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins. I make a pan and its good for 3 days.

Sorry for Sh:ty pics. Dropped my cell on the decline bench yesterday and busted my camera. New phones in the mail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-2306845564.jpg   Paleo + TRT = ???-image-2675501974.jpg  
    Last edited by Henryhill470; 02-24-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Lunch 1:30PM

8 - Spicy Tuna Sushi
    Apple and a banana

"Brunch" this morning..

Ingredient List:

1lb ground beef- Best your money can buy.. Grassfed/ Organic is best, if not either, it is OK!
    1/2 each red, green yellow Bell Peppers chopped into decent sized pieces
    Jalapeno (optional)
    Mushrooms Sliced
    1 small to medium sweet potato. DO NOT use a white potato. Grate with cheese grater
    12-15 Eggs
    Garlic
    Salt
    Pepper
    Smoked Paprika or just plain Paprika I put this on almost everything I make. A little goes a LONG way!

Add meat to large skillet and brown till redness of meat is gone. Drain fat
    Add Bell Peppers, Jalapeno, Mushrooms and sweet potato to meat after draining and cook on med. for 3-5 minutes do not overcook.
    Salt, pepper, garlic to taste.

Add meat/ veggie mixture to 16x 9 glass or ceramic dish. Make sure to grease the bottom and edges with a fat like bacon grease, olive oil or coconut oil. Spread meat mixture evenly.
    Crack all eggs and beat with fork then add evenly to meat mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes then remove foil and BROIL uncovered for 10- 15 minutes on 425. May need to lower your oven rack to not burn the top.

Remove from oven and enjoy!Paleo + TRT = ???-img_0240.jpg

Energy has been through the roof today. Feels great I would LOVE to have this much energy all the time. Wife is making an AMAZING paleo dinner I will hate pics and recipe shortly !!!

Great news! Things are falling into place nicely...

DINNER

BOOM
    12oz of pork loin
    String beans with red peppers and salad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-1072482490.jpg  

Desert
    100% Paleo

Apple Crisp
    Cubed apples, almonds and cinnamon

Paleo + TRT = ???-image-828751736.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Paleo + TRT = ???-image-2226279810.jpg  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information