Thread: Compounded HCG?

mikey1979 is offline New Member

Compounded HCG?

When I recently went on a new TRT protocol I was prescribed HCG by my new doctor. The doctor works out of the same building as a compounding pharmacy so when I went to fill it the gave me a premixed bottle..,I have never seen anything like it so I was a bit confused.

I asked the pharmacist about it because I know my insurance covers HCG and their compounded version was going to cost $65. I was told they no longer make pharmaceutical HCG so they have to make it. I always thought it had to be refrigerated but this says nothing about keeping cool? I'm trying to have a baby so it's very important that this be legit stuff.

It just seemed odd to me so I figured I would run it by you guys to see what you think.

The only way I heard you can check if HCG is real is using a pregnancy test that checks for it. Is that true? I had an extra one so I used it and checked the test(I'm not pregnant!) but it was negative.

I don't know what to think..

HCG needs to be kept cold once reconstituted.

We have seen here a few times where the HCG has been reconstituted at purchase...but not often.

If you are purchasing your HCG from and FDA approved and regulated compounding Pharmacy I'd say you're good to go.

BTW, preg tests for HCG potency are wildly unpredictable, in other words don't rely on it.

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
    I asked the pharmacist about it because I know my insurance covers HCG and their compounded version was going to cost $65. I was told they no longer make pharmaceutical HCG so they have to make it.
    Did they mean that hCG is no longer made anywhere altogether? So now you have to pay out of pocket insread of having it covered as you used to? If that is what they mean, that is not true.

mikey1979 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by junk2222yard View Post
    Did they mean that hCG is no longer made anywhere altogether? So now you have to pay out of pocket insread of having it covered as you used to? If that is what they mean, that is not true.
    They told me that the companies that make HCG are no longer making it. I was confused because I have never seen premixed HCG that didn't need to be kept cold after mixed. I have been taking 500iu 3 times a week and used the preg test the day after an injection so it made me think even further that I was sold garbage by the compounding pharmacy. I have refills and I am going to bring it up next time I go. Would putting a few drops on a preg test work?

Having to pay $65 for a bottle of fake HCG from a pharmacy would really piss me off...

They told me that the companies that make HCG are no longer making it. I was confused because I have never seen premixed HCG that didn't need to be kept cold after mixed. I have been taking 500iu 3 times a week and used the preg test the day after an injection so it made me think even further that I was sold garbage by the compounding pharmacy. I have refills and I am going to bring it up next time I go. Would putting a few drops on a preg test work?

Having to pay $65 for a bottle of fake HCG from a pharmacy would really piss me off...
    If you are purchasing drugs from a licensed FDA approved compounding pharmacy it's unlikely that you are purchasing garbage.

Can it happen? I guess...but unlikely.

Most HCG you buy from a compounding pharmacy is from overseas like many of their drugs.

junk2222yard is offline Associate Member
    They told me that the companies that make HCG are no longer making it.
    That sounds suspicious, but I guess it could be that their sources really have dried up. But I am confident you can get it from a legit source that will still be covered by your insurance if you investigate.

I was confused because I have never seen premixed HCG that didn't need to be kept cold after mixed.
    This also sounds fishy? I have always heard that once it is mixed, you need to keep it cool. I would keep this batch cool, too.

Is it possible they have given you the oral hCG used for diets? I have read that "HCG drops do not require refrigeration". If it is oral hCG, that will not work for HRT.

Would putting a few drops on a preg test work?
    I have read about people testing their hCG with pregnancy tests on this very forum. Although I do believe they confirmed a positive result, the vets here mentioned that the result is really inconclusive. Pregnancy tests themselves can fail, and the concentrations for a positive pregnancy result and concentrations used for HRT are two different things.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    You need a lot of hcg to test it on a preg stick if it works not always when women are pregnant the have millions of iu's in there urine and it somtimes just shows up a faint line so your not going to get a good positive stick with a few thousand iu's.

that pharmacy sounds suspicious..but i guess you have no choice but to trust them, and if your balls shrink report it to your doctor. I saw a cool hcg device online called the hcg ''pen'' i was wondering if anyone here has used?

Thread Information