Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: So I found out I have low T today.

Quote Originally Posted by JackedJesse View Post
    Could it be caused from the suppression of the prohormone I took a few months ago?

The Doctor ruled out the MRI because of my prior bloodwork. I think he said something about the thyroid. Im still taking the tamoxifen 20 mgs a day.
    so you had an mri or you didnt? you need an mri to rule out problems he cant just say nothing is wrong.
    idk u never posted thyroid values

JackedJesse is offline Junior Member
    I did not have an MRI because he said it wasnt necessary. Heres my thyroid lab work:

T3 Uptake: 35
    T4 Total: 8.5
    Free T4 Index: 3.0

I also have lab work from back in october of 2012 in front of me. Here's the thyroid panel:

T3 Uptake: 37 Ref range 22-35%
    T4 Total: 7.0 Ref range 4.5-12.0
    Free T4: 2.6 Ref range 1.4-3.8

i personally think your doctor is wrong about the mri. tell him you are having headaches and get one make sure it's with and without contrast.
    how come he didnt order tsh

idk what t3 uptake means but it looks high maybe someone else would know

Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16 View Post
    i personally think your doctor is wrong about the mri. tell him you are having headaches and get one make sure it's with and without contrast.

Yeah the T3 uptake was high in oct. 2012. As I said that lab was from last year. He didnt order TSH because I already had it checked the week before. My TSH was 3.48 in a range of .40-4.50. What makes you think I need the MRI?

your prolactin is high and lh/fsh is low indicating possible pituitary issues.

your prolactin is high and lh/fsh is low indicating possible pituitary issues.
    Ok. Thank you for the input. I will call him tomorrow and see what he thinks.

T3 Uptake – A measurement of the amount of available binding sites for free T3 on thyroxine-binding proteins. Elevated testosterone will reduce the number of binding sites and cause a low T4 and high T3 uptake. Excess estrogen from hormone replacement or birth control pills will increase binding sites and can cause high T4 and low T3 uptake. - See more at: The Thyroid and Thyroid Hormones

Ok. Thank you for the input. I will call him tomorrow and see what he thinks.
    yeah dude just get the mri. It takes 30 minutes to do, and it's good to have. test is painless, no radiation, might as well man. Yu could have a pituitary lesion or even empty sella syndrome. You are still young so this could help to diagnose why your t is low and why the tamoxifen isnt causing an increased production of lh or fsh.

yeah dude just get the mri. It takes 30 minutes to do, and it's good to have. test is painless, no radiation, might as well man. Yu could have a pituitary lesion or even empty sella syndrome. You are still young so this could help to diagnose why your t is low and why the tamoxifen isnt causing an increased production of lh or fsh.
    I only started the tamoxifen after the lab work.

UPDATE:

So after having my endo answer all of my questions over the phone, hes decided to put me on clomid to bring the 100 free test into my total test range. So I started on 50 MG everyday. Well see if this helps. If my test stays under 500, ill probably just get on TRT. Well see.

UPDATE:

So after having my endo answer all of my questions over the phone, hes decided to put me on clomid to bring the 100 free test into my total test range. So I started on 50 MG everyday. Well see if this helps. If my test stays under 500, ill probably just get on TRT. Well see.
    how are yur eyes? i do 25 mg m w f..so 75 per week.

My eyesight? Why do you ask? I wear glasses/contacts. But they haven't changed in a long time if thats what your concern is. Did you just get on TRT? I know you were waiting to see a good Doc. And why so low for the dosage? Are you trying to dial in what works best?

My eyesight? Why do you ask? I wear glasses/contacts. But they haven't changed in a long time if thats what your concern is. Did you just get on TRT? I know you were waiting to see a good Doc. And why so low for the dosage? Are you trying to dial in what works best?
    i ask because high doses of clomid causes blindness. 25 mg m w f is actually not a low dose. Im not on trt just the clomid for now.

Oh. Well its been a few days and I feel fine.

noisycats is offline New Member

As a long time lurker, gathering information without the need to post drivel 50+ times a day, I've had enough.

powderlifterty, this is AT LEAST the second time you have advocated lying to manipulate the medical system. You are not a doctor, PA, nurse practitioner, etc. Go to school. Real school, not Internet University. You don't know nearly as much as you think you do, just enough to be dangerous. I can easily see why you can't develop a long term relationship with a provider.

Yes, yes, I know. I'll now get the usual retort. Maybe something about being "butthurt". Certainly something ending in an LOL. Hell, maybe even a 'Like'. Whatever.

Quit encouraging people to lie to get what YOU want and quit playing medical health professional.

Flame away.

Im not on a high dose of clomid, so whats the difference? 50MG's a day for a PCT is extremely common. I see most guys taking 100 MG's a day.

Quote Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
    As a long time lurker, gathering information without the need to post drivel 50+ times a day, I've had enough.

powderlifterty, this is AT LEAST the second time you have advocated lying to manipulate the medical system. You are not a doctor, PA, nurse practitioner, etc. Go to school. Real school, not Internet University. You don't know nearly as much as you think you do, just enough to be dangerous. I can easily see why you can't develop a long term relationship with a provider.

Yes, yes, I know. I'll now get the usual retort. Maybe something about being "butthurt". Certainly something ending in an LOL. Hell, maybe even a 'Like'. Whatever.

Quit encouraging people to lie to get what YOU want and quit playing medical health professional.

Flame away.
    funny, because im actually getting my masters degree. what have you done? 99 percent of this forum are roid heads...while im one of the fw who legitimately needs and wants trt for low t issues. He needs an mri and if the dr wont provide one, then he should say he has headaches. I always advocate against underground labs and self medicating.

and jjacked jessie i try to help you and you thumb his post up?
    maybe you should take 100 mg of clomid...after all your dr is right....if your dr knows everything why post here? enjoy your blindness...and you are NOWHERE near jacked...especially for a guy who has cycled. and since im going to get banned anyway...austin, your obsession with dlb is creepy and im not the only one who thinks this...get help bro, and stop being an ass to me.

Im not on a high dose of clomid, so whats the difference? 50MG's a day for a PCT is extremely common. I see most guys taking 100 MG's a day.
    trt isnt pct you idiot....i think dr shippen knows more than you.

the world's best drs say 50 mg per day is a high dose...your no name no hcg prescribing foreign school medical degree having dr is clueless.. you are talking to roid heads you can't spell the words ''to too'' or ''there their''...even some of the professionals on here mix up words that are common...and ive never heard of ''hippa'' either.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by powerlifterty16
    trt isnt pct you idiot....i think dr shippen knows more than you.
    Read the rules, no flaming! Please apologise.
    JackedJesse likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

funny, because im actually getting my masters degree. what have you done?
    Well, I completed my Master in 2002. And my MD prior to that. So to answer your question, more than you. Much more.

99 percent of this forum are roid heads...while im one of the fw who legitimately needs and wants trt for low t issues.
    Thanks for saving this board. You are our only hope.

I always advocate against underground labs and self medicating.
    And totally support lying. Nice high ground you've chosen.

...and jjacked jessie i try to help you and you thumb his post up?
    So did you.

maybe you should take 100 mg of clomid...after all your dr is right....if your dr knows everything why post here? enjoy your blindness...
    Ok, master boy, here's your assignment: find those cases of clomid induced blindness. Not internet rumors mind you, but actual medical cases. Then we'll take the analysis from there.

and you are NOWHERE near jacked...especially for a guy who has cycled.
    stay classy powder.

and since im going to get banned anyway...austin, your obsession with dlb is creepy and im not the only one who thinks this...get help bro, and stop being an ass to me.
    quit being an ass and you will likely be treated in kind.

all i have to say to you is that in addition to graduate degree and an md degree you should have taken a course in critical thinking. You are using a fallacy called ''appeal to authority''
    Just because you have an md does not mean you are an expert on trt. In fact, in most cases it would mean you are more stubborn than the laymen and know less...but i have tried to do less doc bashing on this forum, so ill steer away from that.

what kind of medical professional results to name calling? powder? lol

fact of the matter is, a lot of the members here are ahead of the medical community...a lot lie; whether it's through going underground(id never do that), buying overseas without a script or from ar-r (i wouldnt do this either), or lying about their dose. You will NOT make me feel bad about HELPING jessie get to the root cause of his low t, by advising him to say he has headaches to get a pituitary mri, which you as the trt expert physician who knows way more than me, should know is 100 percent necessary for a guy his age looking into trt.

i was a little upset yesterday so i apologize to jessie and austin for what i said.

Let's recall a simple fact, YOU challenged me based on your being a Master's student. You asked for my credentials. I'm making zero effort to get you to "appeal to authority". I am trying to get you to quit encouraging folks to lie to their providers. I'm trying to get you to quit acting like a trained professional when you are not.

Never said I was an expert on TRT, which is why I have chosen to read more and post less. Now I'm stubborn too? Transfer much?

Truly sorry about the Powder. I thought that was your username (ok, shortened). Always thought Powderlifterty was somewhat odd, I see it was me. Again, my bad. Good thing you've never called anyone names.

How someone chooses to manage their own care is their decision. I am not trying to make you feel bad about encouraging jessie or others to lie, I'm trying to get you to stop.
    Last edited by noisycats; 09-22-2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo. eek.

Quote Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
    Let's recall a simple fact, YOU challenged me based on your being a Master's student. You asked for my credentials. I'm making zero effort to get you to "appeal to authority". I am trying to get you to quite encouraging folks to lie to their providers. I'm trying to get you to quit acting like a trained professional when you are not.

Never said I was an expert on TRT, which is why I have chosen to read more and post less. Now I'm stubborn too? Transfer much?

Truly sorry about the Powder. I thought that was your username (ok, shortened). Always thought Powderlifterty was somewhat odd, I see it was me. Again, my bad. Good thing you've never called anyone names.

How someone chooses to manage their own care is their decision. I am not trying to make you feel bad about encouraging jessie or others to lie, I'm trying to get you to stop.
    I can't take an MD who spells ''quit'' wrong seriously. The gre is TOUGH How'd you pass? Not even being rude.

"Not even being rude."
    You are a piece of work. As long as you throw a disclaimer up front, you feel it's fair to say anything.

Not to be rude, but you're an idiot. See how that works? It is rude. Period.
    And no, I didn't mean it, I'm just making a point.

One typo. On the internet. Seriously? Are we on the playground? I'm sensing where the "16" in powerlifterty16 comes from.

Take care power. Feel free to have the last word, I know you are dying to. Oh wait, let me give you some fodder...
    Feel free to have the last word, I no you'r dieing too.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Oh. Well its been a few days and I feel fine.
    Glad you're feeling good. This is your thread and this stupid drama is embarassing.
    Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty11 View Post
    Glad you're feeling good. This is your thread and this stupid drama is embarassing.
    Keep us updated.
    Thank you Rusty. I have a feeling the Clomid is working, because I feel fantastic especially in the gym.

the world's best drs say 50 mg per day is a high dose...your no name no hcg prescribing foreign school medical degree having dr is clueless.. you are talking to roid heads you can't spell the words ''to too'' or ''there their''...even some of the professionals on here mix up words that are common...and ive never heard of ''hippa'' either.
    Powerlifterty16, I don't think you have read everything I said in this thread carefully. I wasn't referring to the testosterone dose, I was referring to the Clomid dose.

This is MY thread. I started this to get help, and to update others on my experience who care to follow it. I believe I asked you in the beginning to leave my thread. Thanks for you input, but none of it has been useful for me. I don't care if you don't think I'm "jacked". I'm one of the few who actually puts a face picture on here. I like to show people who they're talking to, that's just me. i just thought the name was cool. I don't believe I did anything to offend you besides "liking " someone else comment. For someone with such an extensive background in education, I'd think you'd have more common sense than to belittle others over the internet. I can only imagine what Facebook must do to you.

After your uncalled for bashing and immaturity, I and everyone else here would appreciate it if you discontinued posting on my thread.

Have a nice day.

-Jesse

Powerlifterty16, I don't think you have read everything I said in this thread carefully. I wasn't referring to the testosterone dose, I was referring to the Clomid dose.

This is MY thread. I started this to get help, and to update others on my experience who care to follow it. I believe I asked you in the beginning to leave my thread. Thanks for you input, but none of it has been useful for me. I don't care if you don't think I'm "jacked". I'm one of the few who actually puts a face picture on here. I like to show people who they're talking to, that's just me. i just thought the name was cool. I don't believe I did anything to offend you besides "liking " someone else comment. For someone with such an extensive background in education, I'd think you'd have more common sense than to belittle others over the internet. I can only imagine what Facebook must do to you.

After your uncalled for bashing and immaturity, I and everyone else here would appreciate it if you discontinued posting on my thread.

Have a nice day.

-Jesse
    it is a public thread on an intenet forum, and you are the one who did not read....i said clomid about 20 times.
    hey jessie perhaps my expert doc is wrong and yours is right..or maybe they are both wrong and 200 mg clomid everyday will HELP eyesight.....hey you've done cycles before, what's so recjless about trying 200 mg clomid

Update: Ive been on the PCT drugs and just went to the endo yesterday. My Test was above 1500, estro a little high but because of clomid. So im lowering clomid dose and well try to ween off tamoxifen soon. Im very happy with this doctor. If anyone is in or near Palm Beach County, I highly recommend him.

do you feel the same?

profboy is offline New Member
    1500ng/dL just on clomid??
    powerlifterty16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by profboy View Post
    1500ng/dL just on clomid??
    On the tamox and clomid.

do you feel the same?
    I feel amazing