EverettCD is offline Member

Question "TRT" for our joints?

I was reading this recent thread, Deca. I thought it was best that I started a new thread as apposed to hijacking other thread.

I have been on TRT for over a year now & one of the many benefits I have noticed is my "bad" knee's (have had a few surgeries that removed a lot of necessary cartilage), back (disc issues, working out has helped my back pain a lot) & shoulder (many years of sports & my current line of work has taken its toll) feel much better these days. My main issue with my knee's & shoulder is cartilage related. The GREAT orthopedic surgeon that worked on my knee's & assessed my shoulder has told me that these issues will only get worse with age, he did the best he could with surgery & physical therapy but he can only repair so much damage. TRT has given me the quality of life as I had when I was in my low 20's (I feel & perform like I did when I was in my low 20's), now I am searching for the equivalent for my joints so to speak. I would love to prevent any additional surgeries or at the least postpone them as many years as possible. My line of work is physically demanding & tends to take a physical toll on the body. I want to say when it's time to retire, I don't want to be told by my body that its time to retire.

I have taken shark cartilage & glucosamine chondroitin in the past since a few friends that swear by them recommended I try them. I have never really noticed any remarkable relief in symptom so I no longer take them. Here's some questions for you guy's with joint issues like mine.

1. How does Deca help with joint pain/issues?
    2. Those of you that take Deca for joint pain, do you feel that it's worth taking?
    3. How long have you taken Deca?
    4. Any negative long term effects from Deca?
    5. What other meds/supplements are effective for joint pain? OTC and/or prescription.

Thank you for any & all help.
    Last edited by EverettCD; 11-16-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member
    I know your talking Deca but research Prolotherapy. Specifically, find a doctor that will use HGH. I had my knee treated for 6 treatments and it really made a difference. I had a medial meniscus repair 15 years ago and hurt the lateral side a year ago as well as taking out some cartilage. I am back to doing everything (lifting, running and climbing). Insurance would not cover the actual treatments but did cover the doctors visits. A much better alternative to micro-fracture surgery that a well know ortho said I needed to have. I don't know what the long term results will be but I have been good for about 8 months now. I would do it over in a second.

EverettCD is offline Member
    Thank you Leroy, I am searching the interweb for Prolotherapy now.

FYI for Leroy & anyone else that reads this thread, I am not only looking for information about Deca . I would like to hear about anything OTC or prescribed that has worked for you guys, I am open to all suggestions.

Here's a few sites I found regarding Prolotherapy:

http://www.prolotherapy.org/what-is-prolotherapy/

http://www.prolotherapy.org/why-many...arm-than-good/
    Last edited by EverettCD; 11-16-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Added Prolotherapy links.

Leroy Jenkins is offline Junior Member
    This website is what got me to consider prolotherapy IAGH USES GROWTH HORMONE TO REGENERATE JOINT CARTILAGE . What part of Texas are you in? My doctor is in Austin.

I have tried supps and had HA injections which helped but doesn't repair injuries. Your joints have limited to no blood supply which is why they don't heal. Prolo promotes stem cell repair. The practice of Prolo is growing. Two people I work with starting going to my doctor and they have had positive results as well.

duff7070 is offline New Member
    i have been using deca for 4 weeks. it takes a little bit of time to build up but it sure is worth it. i havent really done much work on my shoulders for a long time because of the pain and the limited range of motion. now i able to do shoulder presses with no pain and i now have a close to full range of motion. i dont use alot of weight ,i mainly go for feel but it is a 100% improvement. i am currently using it in cycle at 500mgs a week but when i drop down to trt dose i will be using around 150mg a week.

gatornate97 is offline Junior Member
    How does one get this prescribed?
    Did y'all ask your doc for deca ?
    I have intense pain in shoulders, elbow, back and he truly affects me.
    Does this really help?

it seems like you have find a legit source other than a doctors script to get what you need. in my experience with deca really does help with joint pain
    Last edited by duff7070; 11-17-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duff7070
    it seems like you have find a legit source other than a doctors script to get what you need
    Not sure I follow!

If you don't mind explaining I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the response. Please excuse my ignorance, as I am really trying to be a part if this community and want to learn from you guys.

i had to get deca on my own resources. not from a doctor. it seems the more you ask for, from my doctor anyway. it seems the less help they want to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by duff7070
    i had to get deca on my own resources. not from a doctor. it seems the more you ask for, from my doctor anyway. it seems the less help they want to provide.
    Gotcha! Thanks, my reading comp wasn't up to snuff earlier lol

I may try to ask my doc.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EverettCD View Post

1. How does Deca help with joint pain/issues?
    2. Those of you that take Deca for joint pain, do you feel that it's worth taking?
    3. How long have you taken Deca?
    4. Any negative long term effects from Deca?
    5. What other meds/supplements are effective for joint pain? OTC and/or prescription.
    1. I noticed a slight improvement @ 100 mgs/week, but nothing worth continued long-term dosing.
    2. N/A
    3. I tried it for 12 weeks.
    4. I did not notice any negatives, but I stayed @ 100 mgs/week to avoid the potential sides I learned on here.
    5. When I encounter increased pain I do 10 day cycles of NSAIDs (Advil or Aleve) taking min 800 mgs daily (split AM/PM) to reduce inflammation & this tends to help me get through episodes of discomfort. For targeting pain in certain areas like joints, I also use Diclofenac Gel (ex Novartis) which can be very effective. Diclofenac is another NSAID. It's not readily available OTC here, but you can purchase it from overseas. I have a friend from India that brings it over for me during his US business trips. Be careful though, continued use of NSAIDs can raise your Blood Pressure among other things.

While I found the relief from Deca to be over-blown, it does seem to work well for some people. I'd suggest to give it a try, but with the understanding that Deca has no legitimate (long-term) place in proper TRT. Good luck...

Thread Information