Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: blood after im test injection

nikito is offline New Member
    Hello everyone

So, the last 2 IM test trt injections resulted in blood coming out after i removed the needle. I always aspirate before injecting. I use a 26g needle with .3ml of test-e. The blood doesnt spurt out, the injection hole has a medium flow of blood for 3 or 4 seconds. Both injections were in the right thigh. The first injection was 4 days ago and i can still see the injection site it has a red dot with light bruising around. I attached a pic of my thigh, you can see both injection sites. The 6 IM injections I did before these 2 resulted in virtually no blood, so i am a bit concerned.

My regimen:
    150 iu hcg 5 days a week
    125mg of test-e per week (2 injections)
    .125mg anastrozole eod (peptide)
    25mcg T3 daily (peptide)

Thanks for your help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150706_212902.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	157974
    Last edited by nikito; 07-06-2015 at 08:01 PM.

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    First off, how are you even getting the test e into the syringe using a 26g needle? I use a 22g with my test cyp and even that's a pain in the ass as it takes forever to draw it out of the vial with such a small needle.

Second, the reason you're seeing blood is probably because you hit a decent sized vein when injecting. It's not common but happens from time to time and will leave a little bruising which is nothing more than a small hematoma directly under the skin. Nothing to worry about.

Third, why are you pinning your test e twice a week? The half life of test e is about 8 to 10 days so you really only need to pin once a week. I pin every Sunday. Also, everytime you pin you're creating tiny bits of scar tissue and seeing as how TRT is for life, the less you pin the less scar tissue you'll be creating.

To me it looks like you are injecting in your IT band (the side of your leg).
    I believe you should be injecting on the front of your thigh. Right about where the pockets of your jeans would be.

Injecting twice a week is fine.

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nikito View Post
    Hello everyone

So, the last 2 IM test trt injections resulted in blood coming out after i removed the needle. I always aspirate before injecting. I use a 26g needle with .3ml of test-e. The blood doesnt spurt out, the injection hole has a medium flow of blood for 3 or 4 seconds. Both injections were in the right thigh. The first injection was 4 days ago and i can still see the injection site it has a red dot with light bruising around. I attached a pic of my thigh, you can see both injection sites. The 6 IM injections I did before these 2 resulted in virtually no blood, so i am a bit concerned.

My regimen:
    150 iu hcg 5 days a week
    125mg of test-e per week (2 injections)
    .125mg anastrozole eod (peptide)
    25mcg T3 daily (peptide)

Thanks for your help.

Name:	ForumRunner_20150706_212902.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	11.6 KB 
ID:	157974
    You have a few things wrong. First off are you running a cycle or doing Trt?

1) Hcg should be 250iu 2x per week.

2) T3 at 25mcg is not worth doing your body makes that much naturally unless you have a thyroid problem. 50 mcg is much better place to start.

3) Test dosage I guess would depend on if your on trt. If not 250 mg would be the very min for cycle and most will tell you 500 mg per week is good beginners cycle.

Please list your stats and goals. More people will chime in if you give more info. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I believe you should be injecting on the front of your thigh. Right about where the pockets of your jeans would be.

I switch legs every week and switch to different areas of the thighs everytime and in the past year have had the blood flow maybe 4 times. It happens but never a big deal minus a little mess and this has happened in multiple places on the leg, not just the IT band

Injecting twice a week is fine but why bother for TRT?

Alot of people on trt believe that injecting 2x per week keeps blood levels more steady without the E2 spikes.

Some doctors only recommend even up to only once every 2 weeks with test cyp even though I highly disagree with that. I couldn't see levels fluctuating by that much pinning once a week.

I am still curious about the 26g needle he mentioned. Are you pulling with a lower gauge out of the bottle then pushing with a 26?
    Last edited by USMCSS; 07-06-2015 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS View Post
    Some doctors only recommend even up to only once every 2 weeks with test cyp even though I highly disagree with that. I couldn't see levels fluctuating by that much pinning once a week.

I am still curious about the 26g needle he mentioned. Are you pulling with a lower gauge out of the bottle then pushing with a 26?
    Ya alot of guys do. It helps if you heat your gear up b4 hand. It also depends on the carrier oil some are thicker than others. Alot of guys do it sub q with a slin pin 31g however it does take longer and you must be patient. Especially Trt guys they use the smaller needles because of how many injections they will endure over the years it will reduce scar tissue significantly. Hope this helps.

Thank you everyone .. really appreciate all the great info

bloodwork results (before beginning trt and taking t3):
    Testosterone : 125 (300 - 1050)
    Test Free: 35 (47-244)
    TSH: 4.41 (0.4-4.5)

I am on TRT and not a cycle. The 26g needle is a pain in the glute to draw in the test-e but it works and i am lazy.

Oh I know it's possible but such a pain in the ass. I'm on TRT using test cyp and pin with a 22 and it's frustrating as hell. I've done the whole heating thing under hot water while I prep the needle, syringe, and site but finally gave up on it and just learned to be patient. I mean, it's not like a day long process or anything so I'm not in that big of a hurry. ;0

If you don't mind pinning twice a week for life, I say go for it but just make sure you're changing up your injection site as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joco71 View Post

You have a few things wrong. First off are you running a cycle or doing Trt?

1) Hcg should be 250iu 2x per week.

2) T3 at 25mcg is not worth doing your body makes that much naturally unless you have a thyroid problem. 50 mcg is much better place to start.

3) Test dosage I guess would depend on if your on trt. If not 250 mg would be the very min for cycle and most will tell you 500 mg per week is good beginners cycle.

Please list your stats and goals. More people will chime in if you give more info. Good luck.
    I read about the hcg diet and even though i am not following the diet per se, i figured the daily dose of hcg would help me lose fat.

As you can see from the post before this one, my tsh level is high and i have hypothyroid symptoms. The 25mcg dose raises my temp and makes me sweat like crazy, plus i feel OK on it lol, so I am just sticking to that dose for now. But if i have a day where i dont have anything to do, I will take a 50mcg dose.

So yes, I am on TRT. My first two weeks on trt, i was doing 220mg per week of test and i felt really strong and good. Then someone told me that its too high of a dose for trt and i lowered it to 120. Going to experiment with 160mg per week my next two injections and see how it goes.

My stats:
    5'10 225lbs (i am fat)
    33 yrs old

I have been on atkins and light lifting and lost like 20 lbs in the past 2 months. I want to get down to 175lbs.

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by nikito; 07-06-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Oh I know it's possible but such a pain in the ass. I'm on TRT using test cyp and pin with a 22 and it's frustrating as hell. I've done the whole heating thing under hot water while I prep the needle, syringe, and site but finally gave up on it and just learned to be patient. I mean, it's not like a day long process or anything so I'm not in that big of a hurry. ;0

If you don't mind pinning twice a week for life, I say go for it but just make sure you're changing up your injection site as much as possible.
    I definitely do mind pinning twice a week, its a lot of injections. But i can really feel when my test levels get low and dont think i have a choice but to pin 2x a week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post

Will try that. A lot of the diagrams online indicate that the muscle on the side of the thigh is best.

Do you have a doctor monitoring this? Is this all doctor prescribed or self prescribed?

You said you felt really strong on 220/wk for 2 weeks but there's no way you'd even notice much of a change in such a short amount of time on test e and yes, 220/wk is too much for TRT. Only changes going on in that amount of time is in your mind. You said you were going to "experiment" with 160. Bro, you need to get on a steady dose and stick to that dose until your next labs.

"But i can really feel when my test levels get low" How can you tell? What are the signs? Because I can tell you right now you're not going to notice many physical changes in such short time frames. Again, this a mental thing and it'd take alot more time that a few days or even a week to notice any real changes.

Bro you need to go see a doctor and get on a real regime because this is not something to play with or "experiment" with. You can do some serious long term damage to your body messing around like this if you don't know what you're doing.

My test levels were in the 100's when I started TRT and I began doing 100mg test cyp once a week. It took AT LEAST a month to even start seeing even a hint of any real changes. Now my levels are in the 600's. You're claiming all these noticeable changes and you have zero idea what your current levels are even at.
    Last edited by USMCSS; 07-07-2015 at 12:50 AM.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    Some doctors only recommend even up to only once every 2 weeks with test cyp even though I highly disagree with that. I couldn't see levels fluctuating by that much pinning once a week. I am still curious about the 26g needle he mentioned. Are you pulling with a lower gauge out of the bottle then pushing with a 26?
    The half life of test cyp is 5 to 7 days so if you pin once a week in five days you have about half the test left if you pin twice a week your levels will stay more normalized.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    The half life of test cyp is 5 to 7 days so if you pin once a week in five days you have about half the test left if you pin twice a week your levels will stay more normalized.
    It's closer to 10 to 12 days depending on the person's metabolism. He's on enanthate which is more around 8-10 days and judging by his stats, he doesn't have all that fast of a metabolism so I highly doubt he has much to worry about pinning once a week for TRT. For a cycle I'd say twice a week, but not TRT

Quote Originally Posted by USMCSS
    It's closer to 10 to 12 days depending on the person's metabolism. He's on enanthate which is more around 8-10 days and judging by his stats, he doesn't have all that fast of a metabolism so I highly doubt he has much to worry about pinning once a week for TRT. For a cycle I'd say twice a week, but not TRT
    According to the pamphlet that comes with my prescription test C from Perrigo, the half life of test C is approximately 8 days.
    Test E is 7 days I believe.

Look under the the pharmacokinetics section in your prescription insert.

djgreen is offline Senior Member

Name:	test cyp chart.jpg 
Views:	7633 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	157979

I inject twice a week at 500mg as you can see once a week has a lot of ups and downs with test c after 3 days it starts to drop
    Last edited by djgreen; 07-07-2015 at 09:49 AM.
    Joco71 likes this.

Do you have a doctor monitoring this? Is this all doctor prescribed or self prescribed?

You said you felt really strong on 220/wk for 2 weeks but there's no way you'd even notice much of a change in such a short amount of time on test e and yes, 220/wk is too much for TRT. Only changes going on in that amount of time is in your mind. You said you were going to "experiment" with 160. Bro, you need to get on a steady dose and stick to that dose until your next labs.

"But i can really feel when my test levels get low" How can you tell? What are the signs? Because I can tell you right now you're not going to notice many physical changes in such short time frames. Again, this a mental thing and it'd take alot more time that a few days or even a week to notice any real changes.

Bro you need to go see a doctor and get on a real regime because this is not something to play with or "experiment" with. You can do some serious long term damage to your body messing around like this if you don't know what you're doing.

My test levels were in the 100's when I started TRT and I began doing 100mg test cyp once a week. It took AT LEAST a month to even start seeing even a hint of any real changes. Now my levels are in the 600's. You're claiming all these noticeable changes and you have zero idea what your current levels are even at.
    Thanks for the input. Will stick with 120mg a week until i get bloodwork done. I am doing this myself, no insurance at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post

Name:	test cyp chart.jpg 
Views:	7633 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	157979

I inject twice a week at 500mg as you can see once a week has a lot of ups and downs with test c after 3 days it starts to drop
    But how much of a difference does that make on TRT versus a cycle. I'm not doubting you and hopefully learning something new for myself. I can tell you though, unlike what nikito was seeing, there's no way in hell you can actually physically the changes in test drops like that. Especially on low dose stabilization hormone replacement therapy. I just really couldn't see huge fluctuations when half life is over a week long. Yes, pamphlets may say 8 days but that is a minimum and as I said before, it can vary per the metabolism of the person.

for a low dose TRT maybe twice a week isn't necessary only because you are jabbing holes in your muscle for long term, but ppl on here were commenting that it makes no difference, and it does although you cant feel a drop doesn't mean its not happening you wont feel low t until you get below 150- 200 NL/DL also with hormon fluxuation you are open to side affects
    Last edited by djgreen; 07-07-2015 at 02:02 PM.

If I were to ever go on TRT test cp wouldn't be my first choice Testosterone Undecanoate has a much longer half life which means levels stay stable longer and you don't need to inject no where near as often

Name:	Testosterone-Undecanoate1.png 
Views:	3865 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	157987
    Last edited by djgreen; 07-07-2015 at 02:08 PM.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    I'm new to trt but can feel a difference at 5-7 days after shot until my next one. I feel much better the first few days than I do ending the week. It's part of the reason I might switch to lowt .com.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdil511 View Post
    I'm new to trt but can feel a difference at 5-7 days after shot until my next one. I feel much better the first few days than I do ending the week. It's part of the reason I might switch to lowt .com.
    I don't see how you could possibly "feel" that much of a difference after only 5 to 7 days. Your levels have to be doing some serious roller coasting and just as djgreen said, you won't feel low t until you drop down to the 150-200 range. I think at 5 to 7 days it's a mental thing, not physical.

If I were to ever go on TRT test cp wouldn't be my first choice Testosterone Undecanoate has a much longer half life which means levels stay stable longer and you don't need to inject no where near as often

Name:	Testosterone-Undecanoate1.png 
Views:	3865 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	157987
    Agreed but for now I'm stuck with the cyp. Especially since it's free!

Baxter35 is offline Member
    From personal experience switching btw once weekly and twice weekly here is what I've noticed. Overall I don't "feel" anything different. According to bloodwork though, my E2 stays lower at twice a week and my T levels are higher at the trough since my trough is never more than 3 days from last injection. 120mg once a week puts my trough (7 days after last pin) around 500, 60mg x 2 puts my trough (3 days from last pin) around 800.
    Simon1972 likes this.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Save yourself all the trouble. Inject sub Q twice a week. As Baxter says, your levels at twice a week will hover within the normal zone for longer. Irrespective of the half life or terminal half life, more often tends to be better unless you can only manage once a week due to travel.

No difference between IM and SubQ. I do this Tues pm and sat AM. No issues

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with Simon above. Consider injecting SQ more often, with a smaller needle, and your injection site concerns will disappear. In addition, 3x a week or more will have a profound effect on estradiol concerns as well. May eliminate or greatly reduce the need for an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    I agree with Simon above. Consider injecting SQ more often, with a smaller needle, and your injection site concerns will disappear. In addition, 3x a week or more will have a profound effect on estradiol concerns as well. May eliminate or greatly reduce the need for an AI.
    I had a major lump from my first subcutaneous injection. But i think it was bad gear. You don't get lumps?

I had a major lump from my first subcutaneous injection. But i think it was bad gear. You don't get lumps?
    I use a 29 gauge, 1/2" insulin needle. In my experience, lumps only developed when I have injected too fast. Take your time and all will go well. I actually often withdraw the needle and re-inject two or three times to disperse the contents in the same area. Just something I like to do because I feel this way the body is able to absorb it more rapidly. I wouldn't recommend you do this until you get more experience with injecting because unless you pull the plunger back slightly each time, you may lose some of the contents.

By the way, I inject daily with hCG in the same syringe. And I take 12.5mg of Aromasin once a week.

anything over half a ml with give a lump to most ppl with sub q

anything over half a ml with give a lump to most ppl with sub q
    In this case the technique I described above will solve this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post

In this case the technique I described above will solve this problem.
    I don't want to risk it. The last one subq i did the lump was all red, hot and mean looking.

I don't want to risk it. The last one subq i did the lump was all red, hot and mean looking.
    That's okay. Just offered it as something to be considered.

Blog Entries
    Then go back to injecting IM!
    What was the purpose of your original post again? On never mind, just saw it. Your having issues with IM injections. In that cas e try SubQ. Oh hang on , you get lumps. Try creams.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Then go back to injecting IM!
    What was the purpose of your original post again? On never mind, just saw it. Your having issues with IM injections. In that cas e try SubQ. Oh hang on , you get lumps. Try creams.
    Take it ease ..

Take it ease ..
    But if you try a cream I'm sure Simon would be willing to rub it in for you....

Blog Entries
    Take it ease ..
    I am taking it easy....I'm not the one complaining about every option Available to you. You leave yourself no other option other than creams or going natty.

And no , I will not rub cream into your scrot.
    USMCSS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    I am taking it easy....I'm not the one complaining about every option Available to you. You leave yourself no other option other than creams or going natty.

And no , I will not rub cream into your scrot.
    What about me? I mean, I inject and have no problems but if you'll rub placebo creams on me.....

Sorry, had to....

Blog Entries
    What about me? I mean, I inject and have no problems but if you'll rub placebo creams on me.....

Sorry, had to....
    ..ohhhhh don't tempt me...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information