Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Trevtrev

Thread: Trt through doc

ringsman is offline New Member

Trt through doc

Hello fellow users I have a question for the people that are on Trt through their doctors. my doc prescribed me 8 vials of 200mg/ml. I inject one vial on Monday and one on Thursday. That's a total of 400mg a week. I just started on Monday. What I want to know is how much does it cost? I think I'm getting ripped off. i paid $145 for eight vials. I have insurance and my doc told me insurance came through. This coming from the same doc who likes to issue random tests. I'm thinking he is collecting money. Can anybody please tell me how much it is for you with or without insurance? Thanks.

The_Crawfish is offline Associate Member
    I think that's dependent on your insurance...BUT good lord please don't start trt injecting 400mg/week!!! That's not trt, that's cycle dosing.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What ester are you taking? If it's E or C that's def. not TRT that's a cycle. But $145 for 8 vials is a great price.

The_Crawfish is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ringsman View Post
    Hello fellow users I have a question for the people that are on Trt through their doctors. my doc prescribed me 8 vials of 200mg/ml. I inject one vial on Monday and one on Thursday. That's a total of 400mg a week. I just started on Monday. What I want to know is how much does it cost? I think I'm getting ripped off. i paid $145 for eight vials. I have insurance and my doc told me insurance came through. This coming from the same doc who likes to issue random tests. I'm thinking he is collecting money. Can anybody please tell me how much it is for you with or without insurance? Thanks.
    I just re-read this and not sure you know what you're talking about...not trying to be mean, but you really need to understand and know what and how much is going into YOUR body. 200mg/ml is the strength of the ester. How much are you injecting?? How big is the vial (how many ml)??

Hey it all good.the vial itself is 1ml. I read that some people get 10ml jug of cyp for around 15 through insurance so I thought something was fishy. I know 400mg is a cycle but that's what the doc ordered. I doubt Im going to do it. Im most likely going to split it up on for 200mg a week until I save up enough for a blast . I keep telling him to prescribe me an AI and hcg but he wont. The reason I ask is because When I took another script into the pharmacy they were going to charge me $30. He told me to do it through him because he has hookups. My test levels were in the 150's. Thank you all for your replies. You guys replied fast.

Trevtrev is offline Associate Member
    200mg/wk is still high for a trt dose. 50mg x2 per week (100mg/wk) is more realistic, then adjust from there as needed.

For reference, I pay about $120 for three 10ml vials at CVS. So 8ml for $145 is a rip off if you ask me.
    Beethoven and Chicagotarsier like this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    You can get the test at cvs or walgreens for about $40 with the goodrx coupon. Keep the script but start at 50 mg twice a week. Is HCG part of your protocol? If not you should consider it.

Thank you all. Im trying to get Hcg but my doc keeps telling me that he's not familiar with it. $120 for 3 10 ml? wow man I definitely got ripped off. Im just curious, 200 mg is not good for trt because it might bring about more sides? or 200mg in the long run might damage me?

Baxter35 is offline Member
    The goal with TRT is to take the least test needed to normalize blood counts and relieve symptoms. Anything more than that just leads to more sides and more complications that just aren't necessary. Mos likely, 200mg/wk is much more than you need to achieve results. You never said for sure what specific test Esther you are on though...is it Enanthate , Cypionate , or something else?

Im using test cypionate

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    yup $10 for a 10 ml vial at 200mlg per 1 ml here for me at walgreens, u need to ask him to get u a 10 ml vial for a prescription and use ur insurance dont listen to that shit that "i got hook ups" thats total bs, and if he pulls that again call ur insurance company and turn him in for fraud...

what insurance do u have? and have u called them to ask what ur cost will be if u use the insurance?

That's a good idea. I haven't called them yet. My insurance is PBA . thanks for the info and for replying.

The other thing is that the small vials are also name brand. That happened to me with a previous Dr. I asked him for the 10 ml vial and he gave me the script. The generic is much cheaper.

okay cool, Ill have to do the same. thanks.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Your Doc is not going to be a Doc for long unless he is blood testing you every 2 weeks.

I buy a months worth at a time, 30 vials of 25mg/ml test P, and it costs me 45 bucks with free syringes and alcohol pads.

How long till you get your blood tests again? I was thinking every six months. or do you wait till you feel something is wrong?

You shouldn't have to "think" at all regarding blood tests. Your doc should be setting all that up and telling you when he wants you to get your follow up labs done. Is this really being prescribed by a doctor? In the U.S.?

Yea it is. I don't trust this doc. He gives me random test and sometimes forgets to test me for stuff I ask. I think he does this on purpose to collect money from insurance. Hes the only one who is willing to help. I've been to three endocrinologists two gp's and one urologist. I finally just settled with him. I got tired of paying co-pays and finding out the docs won't help. Last test level was in the 150's it's hard to find a doctor who is well informed about get.

What state are you in?

Ny and I live in New York City

Yea it is. I don't trust this doc. He gives me random test and sometimes forgets to test me for stuff I ask. I think he does this on purpose to collect money from insurance. Hes the only one who is willing to help. I've been to three endocrinologists two gp's and one urologist. I finally just settled with him. I got tired of paying co-pays and finding out the docs won't help. Last test level was in the 150's it's hard to find a doctor who is well informed about get.
    Sometimes you have to guide him along. Once you start on a given protocol, you should do BW and check test, free test, E2 and SHBG along with the regular lipid and metabolic panel. Depending on those results, a change is made with follow up BW between four to six weeks and so on until you find the sweet spot.
    Some Drs are a bit open to you suggesting things, and others are not. If he doesn't know what he's doing and is not receptive, find another one. Maybe try site sponsor. $199 a month for someone who knows what he's doing isn't too bad.

Alright thanks, I'll take a look at the sites sponsor.

Thread Information