Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Lower normal range still too high for TRT, Looking for ways to drop into lower range

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    I still hadn't heard anything about my referral to the endocrinologist. So I got in contact with my regular doctors office to see what was going on.
    They told me they sent the referral on the 12th, and then told me to call the endocrinologists office.
    This is the same endo office I've been to years ago, where I thought the woman that worked there was a bitch.
    I told her I was riding my bike 10 miles a day and she said that was not good enough and told me I had to ride at least 20 miles a day.
    She also yelled at me, "DON'T COME BACK TILL YOU LOSE WEIGHT!". But then when I would lose weight and go back she was like yeah so what if you lost 15 lbs.
    But today when I called the endo's office I got a recording saying that she doesn't work there anymore, so that's a plus.
    I had to call a few times before they picked up but finally got to talk to someone. They said they did get all the referral info but that its been a bust couple weeks,
    and that they were just waiting for the doctor to look at the paperwork and call me back. They also said there would have to be more blood work because
    my last blood draw was at 9:30 and for my insurance to cover everything I need to get my blood drawn before 8:30am. But they did say they would be testing
    for more than just total testosterone this time. So at least this time even if I come back a low normal I should know why I'm in that range.
    I'm having major anxiety over getting more labs done. It's really stressing me out thinking that I might test a few points into normal again and be denied once more.
    Hopefully this endo doctor gets back to me soon.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    wow, I'm always in awe at the knowledgable people on this board, incredable good info
    on this post, it is imperative to digest and use what you can,
    trying to get your T low is not the way to get on TRT, there are other factors causing this,
    and you know what they are...diabetes is pretty serious, being on insulin it will be almost
    impossible to loose weight. so IMHO diet would be first line of attack, it will have to be a life changing one, possibly vegan...Fats are to be kept to a minimum, to contradict a previous
    poster, whole grains, legumes and veggies, mostly raw would be an astronomical bennifit
    to you, you probably wouldnt have to feel hungry either. stay away from anything white,
    white rice, white bread, potatoes, other than yams...consume large amounts of green veggies. unless your tacos are corn flour i would stay away from them as well.
    you will lose weight feel better, and probably get better work results as well,
    get all of these things inline then when your test is to or not to your liking, you can
    get TRT or if not choose to self TRT. I hope things work out for you, youve had quite a run the last few years, sounds like some of the doctors youve been seeing shouldn't be
    practicing medicine.
    diet #1

I got a call from the endocrinologists office today. They said they are sending me a packet of papers that should be here in a couple days.
    It will have a sheet for labs. They say I have to go have labs done and that it must be drawn before 8:30 am to qualify for insurance.
    After I get my blood work done I have to wait two weeks and then have more labs done. That should be it for the labs so hopefully I test below normal both times.
    Other than labs they said the soonest I can be seen by the endocrinologist would be November 28th, geez. Although they also said that once my labs are done
    they would be on the look out for anyone who drops or changes their appointment date to get me in earlier. I'm glad to be getting my labs done pretty soon anyway.
    So I should know before November 28th if I test low and its worth going to the appointment Or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ryobi1 View Post
    wow, I'm always in awe at the knowledgable people on this board, incredable good info
    on this post, it is imperative to digest and use what you can,
    trying to get your T low is not the way to get on TRT, there are other factors causing this,
    and you know what they are...diabetes is pretty serious, being on insulin it will be almost
    impossible to loose weight. so IMHO diet would be first line of attack, it will have to be a life changing one, possibly vegan...Fats are to be kept to a minimum, to contradict a previous
    poster, whole grains, legumes and veggies, mostly raw would be an astronomical bennifit
    to you, you probably wouldnt have to feel hungry either. stay away from anything white,
    white rice, white bread, potatoes, other than yams...consume large amounts of green veggies. unless your tacos are corn flour i would stay away from them as well.
    you will lose weight feel better, and probably get better work results as well,
    get all of these things inline then when your test is to or not to your liking, you can
    get TRT or if not choose to self TRT. I hope things work out for you, youve had quite a run the last few years, sounds like some of the doctors youve been seeing shouldn't be
    practicing medicine.
    diet #1
    "sounds like some of the doctors youve been seeing shouldn't be
    practicing medicine."
    Yeah, like my last doctor who says "There is no testosterone in steroids ."

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredIRL View Post
    "sounds like some of the doctors youve been seeing shouldn't be
    practicing medicine."
    Yeah, like my last doctor who says "There is no testosterone in steroids."
    Are you saying that there is testosterone in steroids ?

Yes, absolutely, but according to my last doctor there is no testosterone in any AAS, even testosterone cypionate for TRT.
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-27-2016 at 01:09 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, absolutely, but according to my last doctor there is no testosterone in any ASS, even testosterone cypionate for TRT.
    Docs can be so strange creatures

Oop's, I meant AAS not ASS haha

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes, your doctors suck. When they call 800mg triglycerides normal and dont care about it, you can pretty much expect anything.

The surprise is you also not caring about it...
    Simon1972 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Yes, your doctors suck. When they call 800mg triglycerides normal and dont care about it, you can pretty much expect anything.

The surprise is you also not caring about it...
    wow really, Really...
    When did I ever say I don't care?

Blog Entries
    wow really, Really...
    When did I ever say I don't care?
    Its obvious, you are waiting for family to be ready before you join gym.
    What have you done to drop your tryglicerdes since first posting?
    Mr.BB likes this.

Blog Entries
    Yes, absolutely, but according to my last doctor there is no testosterone in any AAS, even testosterone cypionate for TRT.
    Testosterone isn't in all steroids . You are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Its obvious, you are waiting for family to be ready before you join gym.
    What have you done to drop your tryglicerdes since first posting?
    I've been walking half an hour or more every day and doing Pilates and yoga twice a week and watching my diet,
    taking all my meds, getting proper sleep, and have been taking omega 3.

Testosterone isn't in all steroids. You are incorrect.
    Testosterone it self is a steroid so what difference does it make who is right.
    I was talking about testosterone specifically, and was being told there is no testosterone in it.
    You can't really defend such ignorance and expect to be taken seriously.
    I never said it was in all steroids either.
    I'm convinced this doctor thinks I'm talking about Corticosteroids.
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-27-2016 at 04:15 PM.

It appears you are so set on flaming me and proving me wrong that you missed completely what the bone head doctor said.
    I said I needed steroids for TRT, as in testosterone enanthate , testosterone cypionate , or testosterone propionate , or the gel/cream with Test cyp in mind.
    But I was told there is no testosterone in steroids.
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-27-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    "There is no testosterone in steroids."
    Your words, not mine..it's important to I understand not all steroids contain testosterone ...also your triglycerides are dangerously high. Simply saying you are watching your diet isn't enough considering your blood work. You need to change what you did, not continue to do it. Also join a gym on your own and learn to commit to proper training.Don't wait for others to enable you, you won't succeed with that mindset. Yoga won't cut it..and Pilates?...my mother in law does Pilates, you are better than that..just join a gym o.k..
    Last edited by Simon1972; 09-27-2016 at 06:34 PM.

Your words, not mine.
    That would be in quotes, hence the doctors words not mine.

You seem to suffer from reading comprehension.

Blog Entries
    You seem to suffer from reading comprehension.
    Funny, I assumed the same of you when you chose to ignore all the advice posted on this thread. Good day to you sir.

Funny, I assumed the same of you when you chose to ignore all the advice posted on this thread. Good day to you sir.
    I hope by you saying good day that means you are going to buzz off, because at this point you are just being a vulture looking for something to complain about.
    Or maybe the proper term is troll. I'd very much prefer if you don't post anymore in my thread. All the good things I have done you are taking a shit on.

Blog Entries
    I hope by you saying good day that means you are going to buzz off, because at this point you are just being a vulture looking for something to complain about.
    Or maybe the proper term is troll. I'd very much prefer if you don't post anymore in my thread. All the good things I have done you are taking a shit on.
    Forgive me, but You've been taking a shit on all the advice you've been givin up until now.

Based on what? You are ignorant to what I either have or have not done up till now.

I'll tell you this much, they treat me a lot better over at the diabetes forum where I signed up days ago.

I got the paperwork from my endocrinologist today, and my labs.
    They want to test for FSH, LH, prolactin, SHBG, free testosterone , lipid panel, and microalbumin random urine w/creat.
    Then I got an additional lab sheet to have done 1-2 weeks later for just free testosterone.
    I'm still having major anxiety over getting tested again and having the possibility of testing too high into normal again.
    Hopefully everything goes the way I hope it does.

I got my first round of labs back today from the endocrinologists blood work.
    It came back a low normal again. A little higher than my usual too.
    Testosterone , total, 340 reference 250-1100
    Free testosterone 68.6 reference 35.0-155.0

microalbumin
    Creatinine, random urine 161 reference 20-370
    Microalbumin 10.5
    Microalbumin/creatinine ratio, random urine 65 H reference <30

Lipid panel
    Cholestol, total 194 reference 125-200
    HDL cholestrol 49 reference > OR = 40
    trycglycerides 644 reference <150

comprehensive metabolic panel
    Glucose 332 reference 65-99