Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By Keep_It_Moving

Thread: Cheapest blood testing lab for TRT prescription with no insurance?

Moab is offline New Member

Cheapest blood testing lab for TRT prescription with no insurance?

I found a new place to get my TRT from in the Southbay area of Los Angeles. That's alot less expensive than the place I was going. Not sure it's cool to post those places so I won't. But I do need a lead on a cheaper testing lab for my blood work. I know Quest is expensive and I have no insurance.

Which lab is the cheapest? And about how much is it for a typical test to receive TRT and arimidex ? I've got a call into my new clinic but they are closed on Wednesday. Just thought I would ask on here.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    It all depends on which and how many different things you'd like to test for. There are a wide variety of hormone panels offered from third party vendors, the most popular usually being privatemdlabs.com and labsmd.com.

Privatemdlabs.com always has a 15% off coupon code available as well, just need to Google it as it changes monthly.

PersuAsian is offline New Member
    Just bought this one https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?vie...4&search=#2234

Cheap test that's hits everything I like to monitor. Only downfall is E2 isn't sensitive, although I am pretty dialed in with my doses and have no need for an ai. If I had some issues keeping E2 in check I would add on the sensitive E2. Discountedlabs.com has the E2 sensitive for about $45. Seems like they are the cheapest for that test.

global-illuminati is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PersuAsian View Post
    Just bought this one https://www.labsmd.com/tests.php?vie...4&search=#2234

Cheap test that's hits everything I like to monitor. Only downfall is E2 isn't sensitive, although I am pretty dialed in with my doses and have no need for an ai. If I had some issues keeping E2 in check I would add on the sensitive E2. Discountedlabs.com has the E2 sensitive for about $45. Seems like they are the cheapest for that test.

Please excuse the ignorance but i checked the test linked which was something like 73 bucks however not sure just how extensive a test it is compared to what i got through the program i'm in. Its all a big mystery to me. Surely the tests i had done are more extensive than the one linked.

Anyway, i noticed in the link the 2 places that joined up use quest and labcorp. My question is aren't these actual labs who can do the tests themselves? Pretty sue they are, why does it cost sooooo much more to have quest/labcorp directly do the tests as opposed to being the middle man for a 3rd party which charges less? Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. There has to be something i'm missing here. And here is another little nugget, both labs say they don't allow draw without a script from your doctor. I know this gets done by folks posting their results here, but how is none of this adding up or making sense???

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I use discountlabs.com. I use them to supplement the tests my doc orders through insurance. I make adjustments to my protocol that the doc isn't aware of and these test help guide my decisions. They have a quick turnaround time, good customer service, and they do all their testing through LabCorp which has numerous draw stations near all the major areas in the USA. You simply go to their web site, select the tests you want, pay for them with a credit card, and the lab orders are emailed to you within 24 hours (weekdays). Lab results are emailed to you and are always available within 5 working days.

Quote Originally Posted by global-illuminati View Post
    Please excuse the ignorance but i checked the test linked which was something like 73 bucks however not sure just how extensive a test it is compared to what i got through the program i'm in. Its all a big mystery to me. Surely the tests i had done are more extensive than the one linked.

Anyway, i noticed in the link the 2 places that joined up use quest and labcorp. My question is aren't these actual labs who can do the tests themselves? Pretty sue they are, why does it cost sooooo much more to have quest/labcorp directly do the tests as opposed to being the middle man for a 3rd party which charges less? Makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. There has to be something i'm missing here. And here is another little nugget, both labs say they don't allow draw without a script from your doctor. I know this gets done by folks posting their results here, but how is none of this adding up or making sense???

Anybody?

xLoganx is offline Associate Member
    $73 isn't bad buddy... here is what I pay from my TRT doc:

Test Free and Total: $35.00
    Estradiol, sensitive: $36.00
    LH: $12.00
    DHEA Sulphate: $31.00
    PSA, Serum: $18.00
    CBC w/differential: $12.00
    Total: $144.00

xLoganx is offline Associate Member
    Anybody?
    I haven't gotten labwork done yet from a 3rd party online vendor but plan to do so in the middle of my blast. I assume they do the same thing as my TRT doc.. you pay the money, they send you a Lab Order (script) to bring with you to LabCorp or Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by xLoganx View Post
    I haven't gotten labwork done yet from a 3rd party online vendor but plan to do so in the middle of my blast. I assume they do the same thing as my TRT doc.. you pay the money, they send you a Lab Order (script) to bring with you to LabCorp or Quest.

Here's something that just stuck me.....

If ones trt program uses LC or Q then the online merchant runs through the same lab would that present problems down the road in the trt program? I.E. Ones doc sends them for labs or asks the lab for results, and the lab sends a report from another time when you went through the 3rd party. Due to you going under your own name i'd presume all labs done will be stored under your name. So if a mix up occurs it is almost certainly going to make the trt doc wonder why you are doing supplemental labs.

Justice4all is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xLoganx View Post
    $73 isn't bad buddy... here is what I pay from my TRT doc:

Test Free and Total: $35.00
    Estradiol, sensitive: $36.00
    LH: $12.00
    DHEA Sulphate: $31.00
    PSA, Serum: $18.00
    CBC w/differential: $12.00
    Total: $144.00
    Does your TRT doc use Labcorp or Quest and has he ever checked your Comprehensive Metabolic Profile?

Here's something that just stuck me.....

If ones trt program uses LC or Q then the online merchant runs through the same lab would that present problems down the road in the trt program? I.E. Ones doc sends them for labs or asks the lab for results, and the lab sends a report from another time when you went through the 3rd party. Due to you going under your own name i'd presume all labs done will be stored under your name. So if a mix up occurs it is almost certainly going to make the trt doc wonder why you are doing supplemental labs.
    I'm not an expert on HIPAA compliance, but I think the lab can only send the results that doctor orders and not your entire history. In order to get prior results, the doc would need to go to the doc that ordered the tests and obtain copies from him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I'm not an expert on HIPAA compliance, but I think the lab can only send the results that doctor orders and not your entire history. In order to get prior results, the doc would need to go to the doc that ordered the tests and obtain copies from him/her.

HIPAA or not, there is nothing standing in the way of a mix up happening. Multiple labs under the same name someone somewhere is not immune to getting confused on which is which.

Wasn't saying an entire history of labs gets forwarded to someone......just that a lab not ordered by the trt doc/clinic might inexplicably get sent to them due to some confusion somewhere. Once your treating doc knows you are getting additional bloods that is probably a red flag for them.

waylaid69 is offline New Member
    If discountlabs.com does not need a doctor's referral, then you could get your test done anonymously by using a prepaid credit card and fake name and email address, right??

IncreaseMyT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    If discountlabs.com does not need a doctor's referral, then you could get your test done anonymously by using a prepaid credit card and fake name and email address, right??
    Why would you want to do that? If you pay cash for your medical services (not insurance) you do not have to disclose that info to anyone and it is protected by HIPAA.

No need to use fake name just pay for it out of pocket.

We can help you get labs and since we are cash pay no one gets our records, period.
    Last edited by IncreaseMyT; 06-17-2016 at 08:24 AM.

That is not correct. I believe that all labs in all states require a doctor order (at least they do in CA where I live). You work through an on-line doc located in FL and he places the order to LabCorp and then send you the lab orders. You pay the doc (by Visa), who then pays the lab. You show up with your paperwork, they draw the blood and send the results to the doc. The doc then sends the results to you. That is another reason why there is minimal chance of a mixup in records. The records are linked to the doc. In order for your doc to get the records, they have to go to the ordering doc to get them and not to the lab.

I've used doscount labs man, many times and ther have great customer service and fast turn around times. it's a quality outfit.
    IncreaseMyT likes this.

waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    That is not correct. I believe that all labs in all states require a doctor order (at least they do in CA where I live). You work through an on-line doc located in FL and he places the order to LabCorp and then send you the lab orders. You pay the doc (by Visa), who then pays the lab. You show up with your paperwork, they draw the blood and send the results to the doc. The doc then sends the results to you. That is another reason why there is minimal chance of a mixup in records. The records are linked to the doc. In order for your doc to get the records, they have to go to the ordering doc to get them and not to the lab.

I've used doscount labs man, many times and ther have great customer service and fast turn around times. it's a quality outfit.
    Does the online doc send the lab order to your home/work address or to your email address?

private md labs....choose the female hormone panel and select male. it has everything needed.

total t
    estradiol
    lh
    fsh
    cmb
    and a few others that are necessary.

comes to about 56 with a coupon code u can look up online.
    IncreaseMyT likes this.

Does the online doc send the lab order to your home/work address or to your email address?
    It is all done by email. You get a PDF of the results.

PAWW75 is offline New Member

Cannot find

Quote Originally Posted by Keep_It_Moving View Post
    private md labs....choose the female hormone panel and select male. it has everything needed.

total t
    estradiol
    lh
    fsh
    cmb
    and a few others that are necessary.

comes to about 56 with a coupon code u can look up online.

Hi, I went to the site and only found a link to a much higher test about 160

This is the name: Advanced Female Hormone Panel

Can you share the link you use or the exact test name?

Appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Information