FrancoIsAChild is offline New Member

Got my blood work today, any advice?

Hi everyone,

I got my results this week and I'm not sure what to make of them. Any observations would be great!

Some info on me:
    -Male
    -6'0
    -210lbs.
    -Weights 4x50mins a week.
    -Moderately active as I live on a farm.
    -Gallon of water a day
    -6 hours of sleep mostly
    ______

TSH:
    2015: 1.11 mU/L (0.5-5.5)
    2016: 0.92 mU/L

FT4: 19.4 pmol/L (11-22)
    FT3: 5.2 pmol/L (3.2-6.4)

LH: 3.2 IU/L (1.8-9.2)
    Prolactin: 282 mIU/L (90-400)
    Oestradiol: 108 pmol/L (160max)
    Progesterone: 1 nmol/L (0.7-4.3)

Test:
    2015: 27 nmol/L (12-32)
    2016: 17.5 nmol/L

SHBG:
    2015: 40 nmol/L (17-56)
    2016: 29 nmol/L

FreeTest:
    2015: 550 pmol/L (260-740)
    2016: 401 pmol/L

Cortisol: 192 nmol/L (74-286)

Haematology and Biochemical stuff was all in the higher end and virtually perfect.
    ______

The doc seems to think the hormone and thyroid results are fine as they fit within the acceptable range but I remember feeling pretty poor (weak libido/weaker lifts/low appetite/poor mass gain/poor fat loss/lethargic type mood) around the time of the 2015 results and now I feel a lot worse and I think this is reflected in the sharp drop off in the hormone/thyroid results. They all seem to be borderline. The FreeTest dropped off 150, at this rate (suppose it's linear) by the time I hit 25, I'll be below the acceptable range.. Doc says to get some sleep and all of this will go back to normal but I just feel incredibly weak with low libido and appetite and over almost two years now it has just gotten worse with the same advice from several GPs.

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by FrancoIsAChild; 09-30-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    You need to add the ranges

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You need to add the ranges
    Updated it with ranges now.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Its a shame, you won't be treated by a Dr with those ranges, I came in at 14 for test in a range of 12- 30 at the age of 40, I was considered normal too.

You need to get on the A4m website and search for an antiaging Dr, or integrated Dr. They may help you with trt , but its hard at your age, most drs don't want to help and I'm not sure you need it to be honest..

I'd focus on getting your thyroid sorted out, maybe cut your workouts down to max 3 a week. And get more than 6 hrs sleep. Aim for 8 or higher. Could be all you need. Take 5000iu of vitamin d3 as well.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with your doctor, nothing to stand out from the blood work.

Ok, the test could be better but still inside normal parameters, just the time of the blood withdrawal could influence it.

Also, other things liek diet, stress, sleep, etc

I think your problem lies somewhere else. Not everything is due to hormones.

Start supplementing Vit D.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Its a shame, you won't be treated by a Dr with those ranges, I came in at 14 for test in a range of 12- 30 at the age of 40, I was considered normal too.

You need to get on the A4m website and search for an antiaging Dr, or integrated Dr. They may help you with trt , but its hard at your age, most drs don't want to help and I'm not sure you need it to be honest..

I'd focus on getting your thyroid sorted out, maybe cut your workouts down to max 3 a week. And get more than 6 hrs sleep. Aim for 8 or higher. Could be all you need. Take 5000iu of vitamin d3 as well.
    I'll give the supplementation a go and cut the workouts. Any unique tips for an Australian when it comes to anti aging clinics and things?

The problem when being told just to sleep is that it's very difficult to get to sleep to begin with. Then add the fact that I'm rarely hungry and have to force feed myself to reach my macros; never get horny or erections anymore and if I do they're weak and might as well not be there; not to mention the inability to add any real mass or burn fat no matter how much food I swallow or macro balance I use.

It's like it all compounds and there's no solution. And I have tried so many different macro combinations and I was on stacks of vitamins and things last year when I had this same problem and blood test. It just doesn't seem to help. It's incredibly frustrating and disheartening especially since it's been this way for almost 2 years, it's not just a 2 months phase or something.

Wouldn't it be a safe assumption to say that if he bumped my test up by 200 points there that the situation would at the very least be improved? I'd imagine it may not be that simple and may affect other stuff but it all just looks quite bleak otherwise.

How'd you end up going with your test results?
    Last edited by FrancoIsAChild; 09-30-2016 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I agree with your doctor, nothing to stand out from the blood work.

Ok, the test could be better but still inside normal parameters, just the time of the blood withdrawal could influence it.

Also, other things liek diet, stress, sleep, etc

I think your problem lies somewhere else. Not everything is due to hormones.

Start supplementing Vit D.
    Doc did say the same thing, about problems being elsewhere.
    But for almost 2 years now, libido is almost zero, appetite is very weak and I have to force myself to eat and body composition changes are just not happening, even when I track all my food.

I mean I know my diet is good, but it may be stress or sleep. Still, im running on 1 cylinder here at best for a long time now with all of these home fixes and it's just getting worse, evident in the results.

I will give the Vit D a shot like you're saying. Might take a while to notice anything with that type of stuff though if at all.

Blog Entries
    i ended up going to an anti aging clinic- they cost money, but in our situations we have to bite the bullet and just go for it.

im now on trt, im lucky but my age has something to do with it- as drs are more easily swayed when you are over 40 and already have a child.

i would do the basics first,

sleep ,minimum 8 hrs _ aids in recovery and hormonal expression
    vitamin D- essential to produce hormones- ( vitamin d is in fact so close to being a hormone- many consider it to be a hormone-)
    Dont excersise as often, your body needs to recover- when working out- and if you work out hard- you will produce cortisol-dont over train. you will drop testosterone levels over training.
    take magnesium before sleep- helps you rest- remove bright screens- get off facebook- the light from screens resets your body clock- you should be sleeping when its dark outside- remember we are animals. Animals never had ipads or technology preventing our sleep. The last 50 years has turned us all into pussies.
    No coffee-especially after 2 pm.

sounds like basic stuff- amazing how it becomes habit and we dont realise how intrusive it is in our lives.

i ended up going to an anti aging clinic- they cost money, but in our situations we have to bite the bullet and just go for it.

im now on trt, im lucky but my age has something to do with it- as drs are more easily swayed when you are over 40 and already have a child.

i would do the basics first,

sleep ,minimum 8 hrs _ aids in recovery and hormonal expression
    vitamin D- essential to produce hormones- ( vitamin d is in fact so close to being a hormone- many consider it to be a hormone-)
    Dont excersise as often, your body needs to recover- when working out- and if you work out hard- you will produce cortisol-dont over train. you will drop testosterone levels over training.
    take magnesium before sleep- helps you rest- remove bright screens- get off facebook- the light from screens resets your body clock- you should be sleeping when its dark outside- remember we are animals. Animals never had ipads or technology preventing our sleep. The last 50 years has turned us all into pussies.
    No coffee-especially after 2 pm.

sounds like basic stuff- amazing how it becomes habit and we dont realise how intrusive it is in our lives.
    How's the TRT treating you? Libido, appetite, physique are going strong?

I didn't realize that you could just go to these clinics and they would do their thing. I thought maybe you'd have to go to the doc for a referral or something.

I will have to give all of these things a go for a few more months (extended sleep, vitamins, habit changes) because I want to be thorough but I'm seriously considering even doing my own cycle or something. Of course I know zero about this which is really deterring me right now, not to mention my results still being in an acceptable range and I may screw them all up if I start doing my own hormone work.. hmm.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoIsAChild View Post
    How's the TRT treating you? Libido, appetite, physique are going strong?

I didn't realize that you could just go to these clinics and they would do their thing. I thought maybe you'd have to go to the doc for a referral or something.

I will have to give all of these things a go for a few more months (extended sleep, vitamins, habit changes) because I want to be thorough but I'm seriously considering even doing my own cycle or something. Of course I know zero about this which is really deterring me right now, not to mention my results still being in an acceptable range and I may screw them all up if I start doing my own hormone work.. hmm.
    Truth is all is good, not amazing but good...but its not something you should do at your age. Injecting twice a week, blood tests twice a year etc.

Cycles only give you size, not health. You will most definitely deminish your own natural levels if you adjust your hormones via cycling or trt. If you want kids, resist trt. You will shut down sperm production.

High testosterone is a product of a simple healthy lifestyle. Everything you do in life brings it down. Lack of sleep drops it,overtraining drops it, poor nutrition drops it, stressful lives drop it, bright lights at night, sugar, etc.

If you need to do anything, and only after you do the basics first, try clomid therapy. Its safe, google it, still illegal, but safe to try.

Truth is all is good, not amazing but good...but its not something you should do at your age. Injecting twice a week, blood tests twice a year etc.

Cycles only give you size, not health. You will most definitely deminish your own natural levels if you adjust your hormones via cycling or trt. If you want kids, resist trt. You will shut down sperm production.

High testosterone is a product of a simple healthy lifestyle. Everything you do in life brings it down. Lack of sleep drops it,overtraining drops it, poor nutrition drops it, stressful lives drop it, bright lights at night, sugar, etc.

If you need to do anything, and only after you do the basics first, try clomid therapy. Its safe, google it, still illegal, but safe to try.
    It does seem a little frightening when I know If I just wait a year or something it will all go back to normal. But honestly, day to day is just really difficult. Like my body is just not responding to anything I do and it's been this way for almost 2 years now..

Clomid therapy. I'll look it up. Any pointers for me from your end before I give it some research?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoIsAChild View Post
    It does seem a little frightening when I know If I just wait a year or something it will all go back to normal. But honestly, day to day is just really difficult. Like my body is just not responding to anything I do and it's been this way for almost 2 years now..

Clomid therapy. I'll look it up. Any pointers for me from your end before I give it some research?
    If your Dr is open minded, he may prescribe clomid, or you could order it online. May be seized by customs though.
    But do try the natural approach first. Even guys on trt need rest and nutrition.
    Taking a pill won't sort out your basics.

Clomid for Men with Low Testosterone Part One by Jeffrey Dach MD

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16422830

Thread Information