Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Meloncap78

Thread: Bloodwork

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member

Bloodwork

Have been having issues with motivation, weight gain around the middle, lack of libido, constant fatigue and a hard time gaining in the gym. Had bloodwork done at 8am this past Friday and these are the results. Doc called me and said everything is fine. This bloodwork was done at my request after the first panel was done concerning thyroid function etc. that panel came back completely normal. I have not been feeling a zest for life for awhile now and I don't believe these levels are normal for a 38 year old. I currently have no insurance (in between open enrollment) so both these visits set me back quite a bit. Eating at 3200 cals a day 40/40/20. Cheat a couple days a week (pizza and slim jims). Lifting on a split 4 days and 40 mins on the stairs 3 days a week. 6'2 214 pounds roughly 20-22%bf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-image-3002835739.jpg  

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meloncap78 View Post
    Doc called me and said everything is fine.
    How many times, how many times we gotta hear that...

Your levels are indeed poor for your age. Care to post thyroid bloodwork?
    Last edited by hammerheart; 10-18-2016 at 12:38 AM.

You also need to discern secondary hypogonadism from primary. Bloods required are LH, FSH, and PRL.

Here is the whole kit and caboodle. Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping weird hours lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-image-158398066.jpg  

Here is the whole kit and caboodle. Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to see I'm not the only one keeping weird hours lol.
    It's 11 AM here.

I don't know what you mean by weird hours, but staying up late mess with your natural sleep patterns and circadian rhythms. This can impact your overall well being and endocrine balance.

I advice you to do further bloodwork as above, and to check with an endo.

Sorry didn't mean to be offensive. I was trying to be a bit humorous. I will refrain from that. I work 4pm - 3am Sunday - Thursday. If these hours are affecting my well being then I guess I am screwed because I can't give up my job. I get home, stay up till about 6am and get up at 2pm. I hit the gym after that and then come home and eat lunch. I then head to work. Rinse and repeat. No different than anyone else's life. It's 5:30am here right now. I can't afford anymore doctors at the moment. I don't pick up health insurance until January.

Lol I'm not offended. The problem with your work pattern is the morning readings might be actually lower than your peak levels, which could potentially be in range, but given your clearly symptomatic, let's assume you have a legit issue. A doctor however might held a different perspective.

Life's harsh. Try at least to supplement with cheap supps like 30-50mg of Zinc Citrate and at least 2k IU of Vitamin D3 daily and see if that is of help. Discontinue after three months if you cannot get D3 tested.

Thank you sir. I'll look into this. I greatly appreciate your insight and willingness to help. This issue has been hell for me and my weak libido hasn't exactly been a a joyride for my wife either. I just knew something was off when my lack of interest for most things went south and lethargy took over.

Update on my situation. I decided to try another doctor who I suppose is willing to be a bit more aggressive with treatment options. Here is all of my bloodwork from both docs. New doctor indeed said my test is low and wants to put me on 200mg test cyp/wk along with HCG and Anastrozole. He stated that everything else looked normal and that I am not secondary. Now that I have finally found a doc to recognize my problem I am feeling apprehensive about actually starting treatment. I know that my quality of life is severely diminished but I also don't want to drop dead of some ridiculous complication either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-image-4111552986.jpg  
    Obs likes this.

Couldn't attach multiple images so here is the second.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-image-1611826028.jpg  

I advise you to remove the pics and edit them. Your name is printed on the page.

You look slightly hyperthyroid in the last bloodwork.

Update on my situation. I decided to try another doctor who I suppose is willing to be a bit more aggressive with treatment options. Here is all of my bloodwork from both docs. New doctor indeed said my test is low and wants to put me on 200mg test cyp/wk along with HCG and Anastrozole. He stated that everything else looked normal and that I am not secondary. Now that I have finally found a doc to recognize my problem I am feeling apprehensive about actually starting treatment. I know that my quality of life is severely diminished but I also don't want to drop dead of some ridiculous complication either.
    Sounds great.

Talking about complications, don't do more than 250IU 2x weekly of HCG or it will ramp your estrogen through the roof.

If you want to stay extra safe, just start with a lower dose of Test. 200mg per week is borderline but perhaps you will do fine, it's impossible to predict how you will react, as this is individual, but 150mg would be more reasonable.

Keep E2 in check, and TRT won't harm you. Stay balanced, don't overdo things, that's the key to success.

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I advise you to remove the pics and edit them. Your name is printed on the page.

You look slightly hyperthyroid in the last bloodwork.
    was thinking the same....
    definately keep an eye on your TSH..
    check again in 3 months

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Really. That's weird I always thought it was "kitten caboodle" lol

Everything is finally in and I start on Monday. This is the protocol that I have been instructed to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-image-3982775643.jpg  

I have decided to alter the protocol they provided me with. My first HCG dose was 250iu instead of 500 1 day before test injection. Instead of 200mg I dosed 150mg of test. I am curious if I should take another dose of HCG at some point this week or stick to 1. Also I am supposed to take .5mg Anastrozole today then another 2 days from now. Question is, do I really need Anastrozole? I have read about some wicked sides and I would rather not take anything extra if I don't have to. My first bloodwork isn't for 3 months so. I will note that during the day I have been fine but I have a seriously hard time falling asleep at night since I took the HCG.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Holy crap. Your numbers are leaps and bounds better than mine and i cannot get on TRT.... I was actually prescribed androgel and did not like tha aaplication. Then I was told that they were going to give injections after Dr. Consulted endo. Endo asked for free test. Which were about yours and Dr. Said I am fine. Trying to get a referral for an andrologist.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69
    Holy crap. Your numbers are leaps and bounds better than mine and i cannot get on TRT.... I was actually prescribed androgel and did not like tha aaplication. Then I was told that they were going to give injections after Dr. Consulted endo. Endo asked for free test. Which were about yours and Dr. Said I am fine. Trying to get a referral for an andrologist.
    I went directly to an anti aging clinic. I had every symptom of low test for about a year but my doc said I was fine. So I went elsewhere to find help. 300 total test at 38 is definitely not normal.

Thread Information