Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By numbere
  • 2 Post By numbere

Thread: I left my hCG out, room temperature.

HealthyMan is offline Junior Member

I left my hCG out, room temperature.

I left it on my counter and simply forgot. I didn't notice until the next day. Should I be concerned the hCG is not good or is going to get me ill in anyway? My compound Pharmacy is already shitty to deal with and I'd hate to ask for a refill.

Is the hCG still good? Anyone ever do this and still use it?
    Last edited by HealthyMan; 11-13-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I wonder if bad hcg will trip a pregnancy test?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthyMan View Post
    I left it on my counter and simply forgot. I didn't notice until the next day. Should I be concerned the hCG is not good or is going to get me ill in anyway? My compound Pharmacy is already shitty to deal with and I'd hate to ask for a refill.

Is the hCG still good? Anyone ever do this and still use it?
    Your hcg is totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I wonder if bad hcg will trip a pregnancy test?
    Hcg doesn't go bad it losses potency.

This means it will just take more for a positive result.
    Obs and NACH3 like this.

This happened several months ago and the Pharmacist more or less made it out to be liquid poison after 8 hours of room temperature. I appreciate the feedback!

This happened several months ago and the Pharmacist more or less made it out to be liquid poison after 8 hours of room temperature. I appreciate the feedback!
    I'm sure they had your best interests in mind.

They were probably assuming you reconstituted with sodium chloride water and not bacteriostatic water.

Well, they compounded it. I wasn't asked if I reconstituted it, just that I should throw it away.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between SC water and bacteriostatic water?

Well, they compounded it. I wasn't asked if I reconstituted it, just that I should throw it away.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the difference between SC water and bacteriostatic water?
    Sodium chloride (NaCl) water is sterile water that has 9% (9mg/ml) sodium chloride added.

Bacteriostatic water is sterile water with 9% (9mg/ml) benzyl alcohol added.

NaCl water should only be used for single injections.

If you want to use a multi dose vial for repeated withdrawals then bac water needs to be used as a solvent.

Edit: My bad I forgot a decimal point. That should be 0.9%.
    Last edited by numbere; 11-13-2016 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Typo
    almostgone and NACH3 like this.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    FYI very few compounding pharmacies have the equipment needed to make HCG , so they're likely full of crap. As a general rule, cloudiness in a solution can indicate bacterial growth and/or a separation of its components. As long as the solution is clear, I'd try it myself without reservation...

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    FYI very few compounding pharmacies have the equipment needed to make HCG, so they're likely full of crap. As a general rule, cloudiness in a solution can indicate bacterial growth and/or a separation of its components. As long as the solution is clear, I'd try it myself without reservation...
    I was under the impression that a compounding pharmacy buys hcg in bulk from the PCCA, along the lines of 10,000,000IU at a time.

When you fill a prescription they weight out the correct amount and place it in a multi use vial.

Depending on the pharmacy they may test their bulk order for purity.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I was under the impression that a compounding pharmacy buys hcg in bulk from the PCCA, along the lines of 10,000,000IU at a time.

When you fill a prescription they weight out the correct amount and place it in a multi use vial.

Depending on the pharmacy they may test their bulk order for purity.
    HCG is made via a process called Lyophilization, and the majority of compounding labs do not have this equipment to make it themselves. You may be right on the bulk purchasing, but from what I have seen in the pharma industry, overseas manufacturers make it as finished dosage vials (i.e. 5,000 IUs, 10,000 IUs etc.) and that's how it's distributed in the U.S. for the most part. Distributing it this way insures sterility and prevents possible contamination. I know that PCCA is a firm in Texas that supplies raw materials to compounding pharmacies and there's actually a number of these firms that do this...

Thread Information