Relogic is offline New Member

Irregular heartbeat on TRT

Protocol: 200 mg test cyp every 7 days, .25 mg anastrozole twice a week, 250 iu hcg twice a week
    Stats: 6'3", 195lbs, 35 y/o

Problem: It happens the most at night when I lay down in bed. Its like my heart skips a beat every 10 seconds or so. Mostly happens when laying on my back, sometimes switching to my side reduces the frequency or stops it completely. Happens irregularly at other times as well, but no patterns as far as thats concerned.

This is the second time I've tried TRT. It happened this way the first time I did TRT too. I'm about to start my 5th week Tuesday and plan on getting my blood rechecked on week 8. It slowly started around week 3 and has gotten progressively worse. The first time I did TRT I was on it ~2 years and my irregular heartbeat now is back to the same intensity it was then. During my first run, I donated blood to see if it would help because my hemacrit was at the high end of normal and assumed that maybe that was the cause, but it didnt help.

Any idea whats going on? Should I be worried?
    Last edited by Relogic; 11-20-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    So this palpitations happened for 2 years, or 2 years ago, and you still haven't gone to a doctor?

Let me state the obvious: this is not normal for ppl taking testosterone , you need to go to a doctor.

Also, dont understand how you failed o mention this on your previous TRT threads.

Dont know how old is the bloodwork you posted on your previous thread, but you dont need to donate blood, also it will not help one bit with palpitations.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Relogic View Post
    Protocol: 200 mg test cyp every 7 days, .25 mg anastrozole twice a week, 250 iu hcg twice a week
    Stats: 6'3", 195lbs, 35 y/o

Problem: It happens the most at night when I lay down in bed. Its like my heart skips a beat every 10 seconds or so. Mostly happens when laying on my back, sometimes switching to my side reduces the frequency or stops it completely. Happens irregularly at other times as well, but no patterns as far as thats concerned.

This is the second time I've tried TRT. It happened this way the first time I did TRT too. I'm about to start my 5th week Tuesday and plan on getting my blood rechecked on week 8. It slowly started around week 3 and has gotten progressively worse. The first time I did TRT I was on it ~2 years and my irregular heartbeat now is back to the same intensity it was then. During my first run, I donated blood to see if it would help because my hemacrit was at the high end of normal and assumed that maybe that was the cause, but it didnt help.

Any idea whats going on? Should I be worried?
    You need to get rhythm checked via ECG or an Holter, you cannot tell an irregular heartbeat from feeling.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    You need to get rhythm checked via ECG or an Holter, you cannot tell an irregular heartbeat from feeling.
    Palpating a pulse works pretty well for detecting an irregular heart beat (since you'll only detect perfusing beats). Now, if you want to actually tell what's going on electrically, you'll need an EKG (really just a rhythm strip, but they'll do the full 12 anyway).
    You're probably throwing PVC's, which can feel weird. There are dozens of factors that can cause or exacerbate PVC's, mainly stimulants and other things that increase sympathetic nervous system activity (hunger, sleep deprivation, etc). So you may need to lower the dose and/or look into beta blockers or other antidysrhythmics to get this under control.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 11-21-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Relogic is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    So this palpitations happened for 2 years, or 2 years ago, and you still haven't gone to a doctor?

Let me state the obvious: this is not normal for ppl taking testosterone , you need to go to a doctor.

Also, dont understand how you failed o mention this on your previous TRT threads.

Dont know how old is the bloodwork you posted on your previous thread, but you dont need to donate blood, also it will not help one bit with palpitations.
    I did go to a doctor and I did post about it in the first thread I made about being on TRT for 2 years. Havent gotten 25 posts under my belt or I'd post a link to it, but its on the second page of the forum if youre curious.

The doctor I went to was the one who first prescribed me TRT. He told me to start taking baby asprin every day and stop drinking coffee. Neither of which worked. This was also the same guy who had me on a shitty TRT protocol and really didnt know what he was doing imo. When I quit that TRT, the heart palpitations stopped so I didnt feel a need to futher investigate. I was hoping this time around on TRT, being that it was a much more intelligent protocol, the same thing wouldnt happen. Unfortunatley it has.
    Last edited by Relogic; 11-21-2016 at 02:54 PM.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Palpating a pulse works pretty well for detecting an irregular heart beat (since you'll only detect perfusing beats). Now, if you want to actually tell what's going on electrically, you'll need an EKG (really just a rhythm strip, but they'll do the full 12 anyway).
    You're probably throwing PVC's, which can feel weird. There are dozens of factors that can cause or exacerbate PVC's, mainly stimulants and other things that increase sympathetic nervous system activity (hunger, sleep deprivation, etc). So you may need to lower the dose and/or look into beta blockers or other antidysrhythmics to get this under control.

^^^ This.

Additionally, if you are in great cardio shape and your resting heart rate is low you can be throwing extra beats occasionally to perfuse. That happened to me when I was distance running as I naturally have a low heart rate as it is. My resting when running distance trails was mid to low 40s and in a.m. As low as 39.
    Also can be due to exogenous (supplement, prescription) thyroid medication.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Palpating a pulse is usually the best way to detect an irregular heart beat (since you'll only detect perfusing beats). Now, if you want to actually tell what's going on electrically, you'll need an EKG (really just a rhythm strip, but they'll do the full 12 anyway).
    Thanks for chiming in and your informative post.

Self-palpating the pulse however can be misleading, especially for inexpert and anxious ppl.

I'd rather do a simple trial of oral magnesium to see if that helps before jumping on beta-blockers.

I'd like to hear from you about some CV issues I've been having from my TRT. Can I pm you?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sure man, PM away.

Thread Information