JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member

Wifes having problems with weight loss etc

Hey all, I tried to look at post for woman but did not see specifics addressing HRT for woman. Sorry if I missed a post please redirect me if I did. My wife has been dieting hard, working out at the gym with me with weights and doing cardio 5 days a week. She cannot lose weight. She used to have no problem but the last year or so it has been extremely difficult. She also has had her hair thinning and damaged so much that her hair stylist made a remark about it the last time she got her hair cut. She is 41 and weighs about 170 at 5'8" Do you think this could be a hormone problem? I want her to get blood work but I am not sure what panel she should get. Is HRT beneficial for woman too? Thanks!!

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'd say a thyroid panel, including TSH, FT4/3, thyroid antibodies (abTPO, abTG).

Make sure she gets enough Iron and Zinc through food and possibly supplementation (maybe check ferritin and serum Iron also).

What about her Iodine intake?

We have a dedicated section for women btw.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro
    I'd say a thyroid panel, including TSH, FT4/3, thyroid antibodies (abTPO, abTG). Make sure she gets enough Iron and Zinc through food and possibly supplementation (maybe check ferritin and serum Iron also). What about her Iodine intake? We have a dedicated section for women btw.
    Agree with this. Also have estro checked

Thread Information