Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bullshark99

Thread: High hematocrit but blood pressure is not bad

thelazygent is offline Junior Member

High hematocrit but blood pressure is not bad

I was on 150mg a week of Test E and .5 mg total of armidex for the week. Before I got my blood drawn, I was clocked at 129/79. Its not perfect but its not bad at all. Then I got my results back

Results:

RBC 5.86 High x10E6/uL 4.14-5.80 RN
    Hemoglobin 18.1 High g/dL 12.6-17.7 RN
    Hematocrit 55.7 High % 37.5-51.0 RN

So I am off the Test and Armidex for about a week and a half now. Before my blood test today, they clocked me at 135/85, which is a little worse but ok. The discrepancy in BP could be a lot of factors.

If my hematocrit is high, but my BP is ok. Do I still need to worry about the high Hema?

UPDATE: My results came back

RBC 5.55 x10E6/uL 4.14-5.80 RN
    Hemoglobin 18.0 High g/dL 12.6-17.7 RN
    Hematocrit 53.2 High % 37.5-51.0 RN

They went down but Hemo and Hema are still out of range. How many weeks more should I take off before I jump back on?
    Last edited by thelazygent; 02-25-2017 at 08:05 AM.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Yes, you need to get that crit down preferably into the upper 40's. the obvious go donate life source or whatever is convenient. That probably won't do it itself but should knock it down a few points

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If.possible, go with a double red cell donation. Possibly step back and look at splitting your weekly dose into twice weekly injects once back on TRT. You may be able to slightly lower your dose and decrease your a'dex and still maintain acceptable T levels.
    1mg of a'dex for 150mg/week is a boatload of A.I.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-24-2017 at 10:56 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

MToption2 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    If.possible, go with a double red cell donation. Possibly step back and look at splitting your weekly dose into twice weekly injects once back on TRT. You may be able to slightly lower your dose and decrease your a'dex and still maintain acceptable T levels.
    1mg of a'dex for 150mg/week is a boatload of A.I.
    Why do you recommend a double red cell donation over whole blood? He'd have to wait 16 weeks in between double red over 8 weeks whole.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Pretty sure it will get the crit down more.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    Pretty sure it will get the crit down more.
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by MToption2 View Post
    Proof?
    Fact. It takes away more red blood cells and replaces the volume lost with saline and some of your platelets.
    Hematocrit is the percentage of RBC in your blood by volume. A double red blood cell donation removes 2 units of red blood cells, so by definition it will lower your hematocrit more than a whole blood donation.

Donate Power Red | American Red Cross
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-24-2017 at 11:52 PM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Why do you recommend a double red cell donation over whole blood? He'd have to wait 16 weeks in between double red over 8 weeks whole.
    See my post above for the explanation. If he needs to get his hematocrit down a double RBC will bring it down more than a whole blood donation. The link above explains it.
    Yes he will have to wait 112 days between donations with a double RBC, but also if he titrates his dosage downwards (which he may have room to do), his hematocrit is more likely to stay in a manageable range.
    Also, if he requires 1 mg of a'dex/week, splitting his dosage may well reduce the amount of E2 conversion, hence lowering the need for so much AI.

OP, are you basing your AI off of blood work?

OP, are you basing your AI off of blood work?
    I am sorry I am actually using .5mg a week for Arimidex . I checked my order to see what the pills are. I inject 2 a week and take 12.5mg of AI four times a week. The four are the 2 days I inject and the 2 times I drink alcohol (I drink to get slightly more than buzzed) on the weekends.

How do you guys feel about .5mg a week? Still too much?

UPDATE: My results came back

RBC 5.55 x10E6/uL 4.14-5.80 RN
    Hemoglobin 18.0 High g/dL 12.6-17.7 RN
    Hematocrit 53.2 High % 37.5-51.0 RN

They went down but Hemo and Hema are still out of range. How many weeks more should I take off before I jump back on?

Also I donated blood on 1/14, so I have to wait till 3/14 to donate again.

Also I was reading up on Tuna. I eat alot of tuna prob 3-4 times a week. This has high iron in it. Could this be effecting too?
    Last edited by thelazygent; 02-25-2017 at 08:07 AM.

You can try altering your diet. I was able to lower mine slightly by eating less red meat, decreased the amount of spinach I ate, etc. My Hct was high pre-TRT, but I've worked and managed to keep it a shade lower Hydration is important as well.
    What were your last TRT lab values?
    Also, you may need to get your Dr. to write you for a therapeutic draw to get you down closer to 50% and then monitor frequently and see how you respond.
    Once you get it in range, I have found it easier.to stay in range. I do my best to keep my Hct under 53%, although it has been higher I didn't allow it to stay at that level.

https://youtu.be/fI9Q1HjIdPk

Quote Originally Posted by thelazygent View Post
    I am sorry I am actually using .5mg a week for Arimidex . I checked my order to see what the pills are. I inject 2 a week and take 12.5mg of AI four times a week. The four are the 2 days I inject and the 2 times I drink alcohol (I drink to get slightly more than buzzed) on the weekends.

How do you guys feel about .5mg a week? Still too much?
    Just wondering, do you self manage your TRT or are you monitored by your Dr.?

Self Medicating. How much more of a break should i take?

You can try altering your diet. I was able to lower mine slightly by eating less red meat, decreased the amount of spinach I ate, etc. My Hct was high pre-TRT, but I've worked and managed to keep it a shade lower Hydration is important as well.
    What were your last TRT lab values?
    Also, you may need to get your Dr. to write you for a therapeutic draw to get you down closer to 50% and then monitor frequently and see how you respond.
    Once you get it in range, I have found it easier.to stay in range. I do my best to keep my Hct under 53%, although it has been higher I didn't allow it to stay at that level.

https://youtu.be/fI9Q1HjIdPk
    This blood test was done beginning of Jan. This is at 180mg a week with 1.5mg of Armidex a wekk. I have since lowered to 150mg and .5mg.

Iron, Serum 183 High ug/dL 38-169
    Hemoglobin 18.3 High g/dL 12.6-17.7
    Hematocrit 53.9 High % 37.5-51.0
    Testosterone , Serum 1273 High ng/dL 348-1197
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 35.4 High pg/mL 9.3-26.5
    Estradiol 11.4 pg/mL 7.6-42.6

Quote Originally Posted by thelazygent View Post
    This blood test was done beginning of Jan. This is at 180mg a week with 1.5mg of Armidex a wekk. I have since lowered to 150mg and .5mg.

Iron, Serum 183 High ug/dL 38-169
    Hemoglobin 18.3 High g/dL 12.6-17.7
    Hematocrit 53.9 High % 37.5-51.0
    Testosterone , Serum 1273 High ng/dL 348-1197
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 35.4 High pg/mL 9.3-26.5
    Estradiol 11.4 pg/mL 7.6-42.6
    Personally, I would get the hematocrit down a tad more via self-phlebotomy if necessary, Start at 75-100mg/week split.into 2 injections and pull Hgb, Hct, Total and freeT, and E2 labs in 4-6 weeks. Run the minimum amount of test necessary to keep you feeling right/somewhat towards the upper end of the range for your free T.
    There are other guys will more experience than I that will post up I'm sure.
    Personally, I wouldn't just drop completely off of the test for now either. I would just run a low end dose. No use putting your body through a roller coaster by depriving it.completely of test.
    Although your Hct is high, I wouldn't panic, I would just address and correct it.Also, hydrate, hydrate, and then hydrate some more.
    For what it is worth, my Hct has been a good bit higher through no one's fault but my own, and I was able to correct it via self phlebotomy and several CBCs. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way advocating that anyone should maintain an elevated Hct, just sharing my experience and how I corrected it.
    My Dr. is relatively decent about keeping a standing order in my file for a CBC when I request it because I have some genetic clotting issues.

Fact. It takes away more red blood cells and replaces the volume lost with saline and some of your platelets.
    Hematocrit is the percentage of RBC in your blood by volume. A double red blood cell donation removes 2 units of red blood cells, so by definition it will lower your hematocrit more than a whole blood donation.

Donate Power Red | American Red Cross
    But I still don't see how DRBC is superior to whole if the waiting time is proportional. I would understand if DRBC donation was done with the same frequency as whole but it's not. The end result is still 2 units removed per 4 months. But this is a moot point.

What is your current blood "loss" schedule? Because of donation restrictions, how often are you conducting self phlebotomy?

There could be other avenues to investigate if self phlebotomy and hydration isn't sufficient for OP. Nutritional deficiencies? Sleep apnea? Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, cardio)? Organ disease?

But I still don't see how DRBC is superior to whole if the waiting time is proportional. I would understand if DRBC donation was done with the same frequency as whole but it's not. The end result is still 2 units removed per 4 months. But this is a moot point.

What is your current blood "loss" schedule? Because of donation restrictions, how often are you conducting self phlebotomy?

There could be other avenues to investigate if self phlebotomy and hydration isn't sufficient for OP. Nutritional deficiencies? Sleep apnea? Lifestyle (i.e. smoking, cardio)? Organ disease?
    Agreed, but I recommended double RBC because it will get his Hct down more now than a whole blood.donation. Period. End of story. Without question. That was the immediate.concern.
    Now if he is still elevated then I was going to suggest he go to his Dr. and request a script for a therapeutic draw which would.allow.for an additional phlebotomy without any waiting period provided Hgb and Hct were elevated, however he is self managing his TRT.
    Yes, sleep apnea may be a contributor, but look at his hormone lab work. He is above range on serum T and free T. That would be a very logical place.to start.
    My current bleeding schedule is based on my CBCs because I tend toward polycythemia and have a generic clotting.disorder.known as Leiden Factor V, although I am still allowed to.donate. If the amount of time.has passed that makes me eligible to donate, I donate. If not, I self bleed, because I refuse to pay the blood bank right @ $90 to draw my blood and then throw it away simply because a set number of days hasn't passed.
    Generally, I don't mind sharing my experience and how I have managed to deal with my blood disorder, polycythemia, and stay on TRT in addition to some major cardiac health issues (non AAS related) that occured in the past, but.you have a rather abrasive and confrontational way of posting your questions, so I'll not be responding.to your posts for a while.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-25-2017 at 02:19 PM.

So what is the consensus about these questions?

1. So considering that I have 2.5 more weeks to donate and I have a 53.2 hematocrit, do you think I could get away with hoping on a 100mg a week regimen until 3/14/2017 (when I can donate blood again) or is it best if I just stay off till I donate then do 150mg a week?
    2. Once I donate and stay on 150mg a week, how long again before I run a blast cycle? Thinking 200mg of Test E and 175mg of Tren Ace or 200mg of Test E and 400mg of Masteron .

1). I would defo stay low dose and hydrate like crazy.
    2). Wouldn't jump back in @ 150. Would find the lowest dose that kept me at the upper end of free T/where I felt right hopefully w/ little to no AI. Wasn't your last E2 level down at the bottom end of the range?
    3).Wouldn't even think of blasting until I had my hematocrit under control/was able to monitor and manage it. Personally, I would get my TRT squared away even if it took close to a year to get settled in.
    Good luck!

Edit: I'm sure.some.of the other guys can give you a more detailed response. That's just my general thoughts?
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-27-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Thread Information