I am a 58 year old male. I have been strength training for about 8 years and have been injecting doctor prescribed testosterone for about 7 years.

I am 6'1"" and weigh about 190 lbs. I inject .9 ml of 200 mg per liter testosterone weekly, up from about .7 ml weekly. I wanted to try a higher dose to see what happened.

My latest blood results showed 1526 total testosterone (ref range 250-1100) and 250 free testosterone (ref range 355-155). I feel great and am slowly getting leaner and more muscular. My body fat is about 11%.

Are there negative side effects with my test levels being so high (compared to the reference ranges)? The doctor says that the only effect might be an increased sex drive - so the problem is? That is not a change for me.

My diet is clean and I train with body weight and dumbbells 5 days a week.

My doctor wants to try to get me off the testosterone injections although he says that he has never been able to do so. I would like it if I can be as healthy.

Help please? I have looked on the Internet for answers but the level of ignorance is amazing. I figured the guys on this site know far more than most docs.

Perry