Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: HCG not effective

mazguy is offline Junior Member

HCG not effective

I'm 64yo and have been on TRT for several years with dramatic testicle shrinkage. We're talking lima beans. My dosage is .75 200mg Cyp every four days with .25 Arimadex at the same time.
    I've read here on the advantages of HCG so eight months ago I started 250iu HCG every other day for six months with no visible change in testicle size but a slight increase in libido. Two months ago I upped the frequency to 250iu everyday...and still no change in size. (I use diabetic needles on my stomach for HCG)

What am I doing wrong? Or does HCG just not work on some guys?
    Thanks
    MG

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is it pharmaceutical grade hcg ? You can use a pregnancy test to check if it's real.
    mazguy and Obs like this.

I bought the first eight month supply in Mexico made by a German company called Shering (sp) and everything appeared legit. Then my doctor prescribed the last dosage so I used a local US pharmacy.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It is possible the stuff from Mexico was no good. Are you storing it in the fridge? Sorry for the simple questions just trying to eliminate the obvious.

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    You also need to be careful how you mix the hcg . You damage the powder and it's potency if inject the water onto it directly. Inject the water onto the sides of the vial slowly and let it trickle down the side. Then, wait a few minutes and gently swirl it around until the powder dissolves.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    It is possible the stuff from Mexico was no good. Are you storing it in the fridge? Sorry for the simple questions just trying to eliminate the obvious.
    Yes I do keep it refrigerated.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Do you suffer from primary or secondary hypogonadism?
    mazguy likes this.

Testicles were normal prior to TRT but began to shrink a month after starting TRT. Now the size of lima beans and eight months of HCG has had no effect. Incorrect dosage or what?

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by mazguy View Post
    Testicles were normal prior to TRT but began to shrink a month after starting TRT. Now the size of lima beans and eight months of HCG has had no effect. Incorrect dosage or what?
    I think your dosage is fine.

How long were you on TRT without using hcg ?
    mazguy likes this.

I wonder if it could be possible that Testes simply is not able to respond to the HCG , physiologically.
    mazguy likes this.

Thanks again. I just tested the HCG purchased in Mexico where the label said it was made by Ferring in Switzerland. I wasn't sure how much of the mixed HCG I should apply so I just squirted 250iu onto the pregnancy test pad. But nothing happened in the prescribed two minutes so to further saturate the pad I added some of my own urine thinking maybe the mix would cause a reaction. Anyways, it showed not pregnant which I assume the HCG is fake or I did not put enough on there.
    What do you think?

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SweepTheLegJohnny View Post
    You also need to be careful how you mix the hcg. You damage the powder and it's potency if inject the water onto it directly. Inject the water onto the sides of the vial slowly and let it trickle down the side. Then, wait a few minutes and gently swirl it around until the powder dissolves.
    You do not damage the powder or the potency by squirting water directly onto it they tell you to avoid that when doing so so you don't blow the powder out of the ampule
    mazguy and Sh0tsf1red like this.

Also what should the cost of HCG be when purchased in a US pharmacy with a doctors prescription? I had trouble finding a pharmacy that carried HCG and when I did they said it was $400.00 per 5000iu
    Last edited by mazguy; 03-04-2017 at 09:04 PM.

I was on TRT from 49 to 50 years old then went off for five years because of prostate cancer. I felt safe enough to go back on TRT two years ago. So I was on TRT for two years before starting HCG .

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I just squirted 250iu onto the pregnancy test pad. But nothing happened
    I think you have your answer right there. You were sold fake HCG . Home pregnancy test kits are very, very sensitive for HCG. The better name brands can detact as little as 25 mIU of HCG and the generic store brands are usually around 50 mIU. So, even if you bought one of the store brands, it should be sensitive enough to detect the much higher concentrations we use for injections.

I went through this same thought process a couple years ago when I got tired of paying for way overpriced reconstituted HCG from the compound pharmacy my doctor prescribed. I shopped around and got advice from a bodybuilder on a supplier he trusted and ordered some non-reconstituted (dry/lyophilized) HCG and diluted it myself. I wanted to test if it was real or not and compare it to the compound pharmacy stuff that I was buying at 5X the price.

I diluted my dry HCG to the same as the compound pharmacy (1000 IU/mL) and squirted 0.2 mL (200 IU) of each onto the test kit and both the compound pharmacy and black market stuff said I was pregnant. This told me there was at least some HCG in the solution and that it was real. It does not tell me if the product met the stated specification for potency, but at least I got a response. Since you got no response, I strongly suspect it is fake.

I would also begin to question what is actually in the vial they sold you and whether or not it is even safe.
    mazguy likes this.

Also what should the cost of HCG be when purchased in a US pharmacy with a doctors prescription? I had trouble finding a pharmacy that carried HCG and when I did they said it was $400.00 per 5000iu
    I get hcg from a source for $35 per 5000, it's organon brand, and tested fine
    mazguy likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My HCG , with a script and from a regular pharmacy, cost $80 for 11,000IU. My new script allows me to get it from any pharmacy I want and I chose CVS. I called them and only remember the generality that it was cheaper than before.
    mazguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I think you have your answer right there. You were sold fake HCG . Home pregnancy test kits are very, very sensitive for HCG. The better name brands can detact as little as 25 mIU of HCG and the generic store brands are usually around 50 mIU. So, even if you bought one of the store brands, it should be sensitive enough to detect the much higher concentrations we use for injections.

I went through this same thought process a couple years ago when I got tired of paying for way overpriced reconstituted HCG from the compound pharmacy my doctor prescribed. I shopped around and got advice from a bodybuilder on a supplier he trusted and ordered some non-reconstituted (dry/lyophilized) HCG and diluted it myself. I wanted to test if it was real or not and compare it to the compound pharmacy stuff that I was buying at 5X the price.

I diluted my dry HCG to the same as the compound pharmacy (1000 IU/mL) and squirted 0.2 mL (200 IU) of each onto the test kit and both the compound pharmacy and black market stuff said I was pregnant. This told me there was at least some HCG in the solution and that it was real. It does not tell me if the product met the stated specification for potency, but at least I got a response. Since you got no response, I strongly suspect it is fake.

I would also begin to question what is actually in the vial they sold you and whether or not it is even safe.
    Thanks. The stuff I bought had the the two vials to mix a freeze dried powder from one vial to another of sterile water. (The water was in a glass ampule that required breaking the neck off to access it.) Now I am wondering what is in that powder!

Thanks. The stuff I bought had the the two vials to mix a freeze dried powder from one vial to another of sterile water. (The water was in a glass ampule that required breaking the neck off to access it.) Now I am wondering what is in that powder!
    With mine, it's the other way around. The dry (lyophilized) HCG is a white powder in a breakable glass ampule into which you mix the sterile saline which comes in a plastic tear open pouch.
    mazguy likes this.

I cannot find HCG in So Cal except through a Walgreens specialty pharmacy and they want $400 for 5,000 unless covered by insurance---UCLA was $3,000! 5,000iu was not even available.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, what should a doctor list for medical reasons for prescribing HCG? My doctor will write a script for my insurance but apparently there is no reason to prescribe it for males. Or at least one acceptable for Anthem Blue Cross.

I cannot find HCG in So Cal except through a Walgreens specialty pharmacy and they want $400 for 5,000 unless covered by insurance---UCLA was $3,000! 5,000iu was not even available.
    Any suggestions?
    Also, what should a doctor list for medical reasons for prescribing HCG? My doctor will write a script for my insurance but apparently there is no reason to prescribe it for males. Or at least one acceptable for Anthem Blue Cross.
    Reason,no sperm n small balls.

Still gonna cost.

Find ugl distributor that sells it, can get 5000iu for under $40
    mazguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Reason,no sperm n small balls.

Still gonna cost.

Find ugl distributor that sells it, can get 5000iu for under $40
    Thanks. What is a ugl distributor? Can you provide phone number? Of a pharmacy that uses UGL?

Thanks. What is a ugl distributor? Can you provide phone number? Of a pharmacy that uses UGL?
    A "UGL" is a clandestine lab that makes steroids (Under Ground Lab) a distributor of such, is a third party that buys steroids from various UGL's and sells them.

You can also find HCG from online pharmacies.

I cannot provide you with sources of either on a forum such as this, its against the rules.
    .but if you make a little effort you can find many sources relatively easy, even easier and legally in some instances if you posses a valid prescription for such.
    mazguy likes this.

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    HCG does nothing for me as well. Been on TRT for 5 years now and my balls are way smaller than they used to be. I've been on pharmacy HCG from the beginning and it just doesn't work for me. I've tried everything from once a week, twice a week, 3 times a week, every single day, higher doses, lower doses and my nuts just don't want to grow. Luckily, my wife doesn't like huge balls so I guess I'm ok but it would be nice to get the boys back to normal size.
    mazguy likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Any suggestions?
    Have your script filled out of state.
    Because you have a script you can get it legal from anywhere in the country. Thee are two compounding pharmacies in Asheville, NC. I think I can provide you with the name of one that I used, without breaking the rules, because you have a prescription from a doctor and this is an Agl (above ground, lol) pharmacy. They only fill prescriptions from doctors.
    The $80 price I quoted you is from Olympia Pharmacy in Florida. If you don't have a prescription don't bother calling them.
    mazguy likes this.

Donzi4me is offline New Member
    Any suggestions?
    That's CRAZY $$$ there for HCG.... Find a compounding pharmacy near you or out of state ones and have your script faxed or phoned in to them. I know of 2 (Texas & Florida) that are easily under $100 for what you're looking for INCLUDING shipping. Plus it's here in the USA.
    mazguy likes this.

Any suggestions?
    University Pharmacy San Diego sells it, but they will only fill 5,000 IU pre-mixed and they ship it Fed Ex Refrigerated. It costs a lot that way, but you can get it. My price is/was $80 for both the HCG and shipping. Shipping casts almost as much as the HCG itself, so if you can drive there, perhaps it will be more economical. I only order from them once or twice a year to keep my script active so that I have a legitimate script to take with me if ever I bring it on a plane (though I've never been questioned about having syringes pre-filled with either HCG or T).

I purchase most of my HCG from an overseas (underground) supplier that I've come to trust. They have NEVER failed to deliver and have a reship policy too. I've only had to use the reship once, but it was for a very large order of HGH that never got to me. The cost is about 1/5 of what I pay $34 plus a very reasonable shipping charge for 5,000 IU of lyophilized HCG. It's cheaper per IU if you buy it in 10,000 IU containers, but I like making it up fresh on a frequent basis because it quickly looses potency when mixed, even when kept well refrigerated. I use about 150 IU per day mixed with my HGH. Therefore, a 5,000 IU vial will last about 4+ weeks after mixing.

As far as prescribing, the doc does not have to give a reason. However, if you plan on attempting to get insurance reimbursement, you will need a valid reason. I've heard of some guys having success and other not. I have not attempted to try. At $34/5,000 IU, I'll pay for it myself.

Good luck!
    mazguy likes this.

University Pharmacy San Diego sells it, but they will only fill 5,000 IU pre-mixed and they ship it Fed Ex Refrigerated. It costs a lot that way, but you can get it. My price is/was $80 for both the HCG and shipping. Shipping casts almost as much as the HCG itself, so if you can drive there, perhaps it will be more economical. I only order from them once or twice a year to keep my script active so that I have a legitimate script to take with me if ever I bring it on a plane (though I've never been questioned about having syringes pre-filled with either HCG or T).

I purchase most of my HCG from an overseas (underground) supplier that I've come to trust. They have NEVER failed to deliver and have a reship policy too. I've only had to use the reship once, but it was for a very large order of HGH that never got to me. The cost is about 1/5 of what I pay $34 plus a very reasonable shipping charge for 5,000 IU of lyophilized HCG. It's cheaper per IU if you buy it in 10,000 IU containers, but I like making it up fresh on a frequent basis because it quickly looses potency when mixed, even when kept well refrigerated. I use about 150 IU per day mixed with my HGH. Therefore, a 5,000 IU vial will last about 4+ weeks after mixing.

As far as prescribing, the doc does not have to give a reason. However, if you plan on attempting to get insurance reimbursement, you will need a valid reason. I've heard of some guys having success and other not. I have not attempted to try. At $34/5,000 IU, I'll pay for it myself.

Good luck!
    Does university pharma mid with bacteriostatic water, or sterile for one use?
    mazguy likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont understand US health service.

If I have a script I go a pharmacy, if they dont have it in stock they order supplier, and it will be there in few hours or next day. Pregnyl 5000ui costs less than 5€, with NHS co-pay script its about half.

As far as I know its like this across all europe.
    mazguy and PT1982 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

If I have a script I go a pharmacy, if they dont have it in stock they order supplier, and it will be there in few hours or next day. Pregnyl 5000ui costs less than 5EUR, with NHS co-pay script its about half.

Brother, imo have aca, but they selectively pay for certain thing they feel "necessary".

Test was not one, they wanted $157 at one pharmacy for a bottle of cyp200.

Found it for $80 and an independent.

If my insurance coveted it it would be free or DAMN close to free
    mazguy likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Brother, imo have aca, but they selectively pay for certain thing they feel "necessary".

Test was not one, they wanted $157 at one pharmacy for a bottle of cyp200.

Found it for $80 and an independent.

If my insurance coveted it it would be free or DAMN close to free
    I guess thats capitalism. Here prescription drug prices are controlled
    Quester and mazguy like this.

Does university pharma mid with bacteriostatic water, or sterile for one use?
    Don't know. I'm guessing sterile/preserved injection saline to minimize their liability. If you want plain sterile injection saline, you'll probably need to get lyophilized HCG and mix it yourself. I always use preserves saline for mine.
    mazguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post

If I have a script I go a pharmacy, if they dont have it in stock they order supplier, and it will be there in few hours or next day. Pregnyl 5000ui costs less than 5€, with NHS co-pay script its about half.

Does anyone understand health non-care in the USA?
    mazguy likes this.

I have ACA also in California under Anthem BC and my co-pay for 10cc of Test is $3 and $15 for Viagra. But next month I go on Medicare and I'm wondering if they will continue to pay. Anyone have experience like this with Medicare?

I have ACA also in California under Anthem BC and my co-pay for 10cc of Test is $3 and $15 for Viagra. But next month I go on Medicare and I'm wondering if they will continue to pay. Anyone have experience like this with Medicare?
    Just wait till,the powers that be dismantle the system.

We will pay a outrageous amount , but we will get a tax break at end of year to make up for it.

Now, if you happen to be on ssi, retirement, or disability, you don't pay taxes, and won't get reimbursed. If you can even afford it month to month anyway
    mazguy likes this.

ks1234 is offline Junior Member
    Have your doc send your hcg script to empower pharmacy in Houston. I get 2 5000iu vials for $120 shipped and they include little syringes for the injection, alcohol pads, and a large needle to mix the compound, basically they send you everything you need

Edit- they DON'T accept insurance though. So you may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere if coveted by your insurance
    Last edited by ks1234; 03-11-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    mazguy likes this.

Good luck!
    Update
    I just ordered a refill from University Pharmacy and they no longer sell compounded HCG. They will sell me a 10,000 IU vial of lyophilized HCG with saline to mix it (brand name Pregnyl). The cost is $175, which is about 2.5X my underground supplier, but it is a legal script and a lot less expensive than the compounded stuff. They called it into my doc and I should have it next week. I'll probably refill this on a regular schedule and supplement it with my underground stuff because I inject at a higher dose than my doctor prescribed, so I need the extra. My doc prescribed 150 IU 3X per week and I inject 150 IU daily mixed with my HGH.
    mazguy likes this.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Mazguy one problem you are probably having is that you mixed your hcg with the provided sterile water. It is made to be mixed and injected all at once. You need bacteriostatic water. I probably spelled that wrong. Also the type of pregnancy test can make a difference. Some are desinged to detect pregnancy very early, so they will test positive with less hcg.

there are some online pharmacies you can get it cheeply. Check out the ones mentioned, and get some bacteriostatic water to mix your hcg. Give it a try for few more months, if it doesn't work I wouldn't stress over it. Mine took a couple years to atrophy, but I live with it. I dont like the idea of running hcg year round, so I use it a few months at a time once in a blue moon.
    Obs and mazguy like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Thanks again. I just tested the HCG purchased in Mexico where the label said it was made by Ferring in Switzerland. I wasn't sure how much of the mixed HCG I should apply so I just squirted 250iu onto the pregnancy test pad. But nothing happened in the prescribed two minutes so to further saturate the pad I added some of my own urine thinking maybe the mix would cause a reaction. Anyways, it showed not pregnant which I assume the HCG is fake or I did not put enough on there.
    What do you think?
    I always test my hcg because I like my testicles. I literally mix it in the amp and draw out every bit and transfer it to a vial.

I then draw one ml of bac water into a syringe and squirt it into the empty ampule and swirl it around a bit and then draw it back up and it always make the preg test unmistakably positive.

Just the invisible residue from my fertigyn amps is enough to trigger a preg test. I recommend everyone does it this way before starting a cycle. If the test fails after doing it in this manner you have shit hcg, order more.
    mazguy likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Btw if your balls shrank like that you best check out Dr. Scally's power pct.

Personally I would be hitting the hcg and clomid pretty hard. To hell with 150iu 3x a week. I would be running a lot more to try and salvage nut.

Dr. Scally's pct. Look it up.
    Last edited by Obs; 03-18-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    mazguy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information