Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fertility question

  1. #1
    shaunjohn242002's Avatar
    shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    234

    Fertility question

    I have secondary hypogonadism( .2 lh) been on trt for about a year and a half and was wondering about the chances of having kids.A lot of variables I know. Would like to hear from any members here who would like to share any success ( or failures) in going off and using clomid or any other means to have children.

  2. #2
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,282
    Are you on HCG ? If not, why?

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  3. #3
    shaunjohn242002's Avatar
    shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    ky
    Posts
    234
    "In those patients desiring to establish a pregnancy within 6–12 months, testosterone therapy can be continued with 500 IU hCG every other day clomiphene citrate."

    Good article, I wasn't aware hcg could help with fertility while still using testosterone . I was under the impression trt had to be put on hold. The reason I'm not on hcg now is because my balls haven't lost any size and as of now I don't need an ai. My levels are between 550 and 700 total test. Feel good so I didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken. I have an appointment with my doctor this month. I'm gonna see her take on this as well. I appreciate the time you took to dig this up man. That's a shitload of hcg they're suggesting- 3000 iu every week

  4. #4
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,282
    It is a lot of HCG . Question is, is all that really necessary? Many guys get their significant others pregnant simply on normal levels of HCG, such as 250 iu's x 2 per week. HCG is for more than just aesthetics or testicular size, it maintains function which is far more important.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  5. #5
    EZ E's Avatar
    EZ E is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    289
    I got my wife pregnant after 3 years on TRT at 150mgs Test C per week and 250iu HCG 3x per week.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    26,282
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ E View Post
    I got my wife pregnant after 3 years on TRT at 150mgs Test C per week and 250iu HCG 3x per week.

    Stud!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    redz's Avatar
    redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    My HOME GYM
    Posts
    13,246
    I remember reading some articles that suggested over 1000ius per week was no better than lower dosing.

  8. #8
    Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I remember reading some articles that suggested over 1000ius per week was no better than lower dosing.
    We discussed this recently in another thread. The original poster may wish to use the search function to find it. In that thread, I posted links to these two papers. I believe both are available free (open access):

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15713727
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...t%3A+an+update

    Bottom line is that optimum dosing of HCG for fertility appears to be in the 1000 IU per week range. This level will bring Inter testicular Testosterone levels (ITT) up to near "normal". ITT is important for sperm cell maturation. I've seen numerous anecdotal accounts, like the one posed EZE in this thread, that lower dosing will also work. Some have reported success at levels as low as 500 IU per week.

  9. #9
    geezuschrist's Avatar
    geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    We discussed this recently in another thread. The original poster may wish to use the search function to find it. In that thread, I posted links to these two papers. I believe both are available free (open access):

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15713727
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...t%3A+an+update

    Bottom line is that optimum dosing of HCG for fertility appears to be in the 1000 IU per week range. This level will bring Inter testicular Testosterone levels (ITT) up to near "normal". ITT is important for sperm cell maturation. I've seen numerous anecdotal accounts, like the one posed EZE in this thread, that lower dosing will also work. Some have reported success at levels as low as 500 IU per week.
    Also curious, I've heard both yes and no that long time use of 1000iu a week hcg will cause desensitization. What do you think on this? Just curious

  10. #10
    Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    714
    Quote Originally Posted by GRexMoore View Post
    Also curious, I've heard both yes and no that long time use of 1000iu a week hcg will cause desensitization. What do you think on this? Just curious
    To my knowledge, down regulation of LH receptors by HCG has never been proven in the human. That's not to say it doesn't occur, it's just never been proven. There is some very old research that shows inter-species differences with regard to testicular down regulation of LH receptors in response to HCG. In rats and mice, there appears to be down regulation, but in hamsters there appears to be up regulation. So are more closely related to rats or hamsters?

    I believe some of the confusion and mixed opinion also comes from the pulsatile nature of LH itself. The pulsatile nature of LH leads some to believe that pulsing is necessary to prevent LH receptor down regulation in the testicles. However, I believe that pulsatile LH secretion is more a result of the body's need to pulse Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH). GnRH receptors on the pituitary are highly sensitive to down regulation, which is a well documented in multiple species, including humans. Therefore the brain (hypothalamus) pulses out GnRH to prevent down regulation from occurring. This then results in pulsatile LH secretion.

    Bottom line is that I don't think anyone knows for certain. I regularly maintain dosing of 1000 IU per week in small split doses and have not noticed any regression in testicular size, but that's not a very scientific measure.

  11. #11
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunjohn242002 View Post
    I have secondary hypogonadism( .2 lh) been on trt for about a year and a half and was wondering about the chances of having kids.A lot of variables I know. Would like to hear from any members here who would like to share any success ( or failures) in going off and using clomid or any other means to have children.

    I'm TRT and basically sterile. We've been trying a year with no luck. Personally, I'm not trying to add another substance to try to fix it. I know hcg isn't a straight out fert drug but that's where I felt I would end up going down that road

  12. #12
    yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post

    I'm TRT and basically sterile. We've been trying a year with no luck. Personally, I'm not trying to add another substance to try to fix it. I know hcg isn't a straight out fert drug but that's where I felt I would end up going down that road
    In truthfulness and with about 15 years of experience with IVF and 4 kids; go straight to the fertility experts. The medicine in this area has grown very precise.

    They can concentrate your sperm centrifuge it up and take the quality out for use. It can be a number of things motilty, speed, Zonal strength and formation etc; immunity clash between you and your wife etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •