Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: HCG prescription for TRT

  1. #1
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8

    HCG prescription for TRT

    Spoke with doc about a low T count
    And he is prescribing HCG
    Is that a common way to go?

  2. #2
    eslim is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    34
    For some doctors, yes. Just like anything else you should shop around.

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Very few doctors prescribe HCG Mono-Therapy imho. Do you happen to have a copy of your blood work you can post for us to evaluate? Most docs unfortunately do not really understand hormones as they're not trained in them in med school, so it's always possible that there's something suppressing your endogenous T production that's fixable.

    And welcome to the forum!
    almostgone and Sh0tsf1red like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    740
    Blog Entries
    1
    I've heard some doctors adding it and some don't

    My dr didn't add it for me

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    I've heard some doctors adding it and some don't

    My dr didn't add it for me
    He probably thinks it's not an appropriate use for it. Which means he's never read even a package insert for HCG which directly states for "Hypogonadic Hypogonadism."
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Kelkel so your saying it should be used more often then it is?

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Absolutely. Anyone on TRT using a form of testosterone should be on it. It helps to maintain testicular function. There's no reason to not use it. Take a minute and read the sticky thread at the top of this forum. All of the top docs in the TRT field, bar none, recommend it as part of a complete protocol.
    MuscleScience likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    mazguy is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    69
    Good news for senior citizens. I just started on Medicare and after checking different drug plans to see which would cover testosterone and HCG I opted for AARP United Healthcare drug plan at $86 a month. Through that program I scored 10,000iu of HCG for $63. Yee haw!

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Nice Mazguy!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Absolutely. Anyone on TRT using a form of testosterone should be on it. It helps to maintain testicular function. There's no reason to not use it. Take a minute and read the sticky thread at the top of this forum. All of the top docs in the TRT field, bar none, recommend it as part of a complete protocol.
    Kelkel after reading the sticky
    Is it common to just use HCG for treatment without using any testosterone at all?

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYtx View Post
    Kelkel after reading the sticky
    Is it common to just use HCG for treatment without using any testosterone at all?
    Common, not really. Is it still done, yes. Understand a couple things. HCG Monotherapy is suppressive to your HPTA function over time. Not as quick as T therapy but it will still suppress you. HCG mimics LH function and by doing so your pituitary senses is does not need to produce it any further, thus it suppresses production.

    If you happen to be primary hypogonadal (testicular failure) then it will not work. It will only work with secondary hypogonadism (pituitary related.) All that said, I would not be a fan of this whatsoever. It would probably be my last choice. I would easily choose Clomid therapy above it. Anecdotally the subjective benefits of the above two forms of TRT do not equal testosterone therapy .
    MuscleScience likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Common, not really. Is it still done, yes. Understand a couple things. HCG Monotherapy is suppressive to your HPTA function over time. Not as quick as T therapy but it will still suppress you. HCG mimics LH function and by doing so your pituitary senses is does not need to produce it any further, thus it suppresses production.

    If you happen to be primary hypogonadal (testicular failure) then it will not work. It will only work with secondary hypogonadism (pituitary related.) All that said, I would not be a fan of this whatsoever. It would probably be my last choice. I would easily choose Clomid therapy above it. Anecdotally the subjective benefits of the above two forms of TRT do not equal testosterone therapy.

    Kelkel I appreciate you continued input.
    Traditional trt was avoided to avoid fertility issues.
    For lack of a better word, would "cycling" HCG be an option to get some benefits increased test production , while avoiding desensitizing?

  13. #13
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYtx View Post
    Kelkel I appreciate you continued input.
    Traditional trt was avoided to avoid fertility issues.
    For lack of a better word, would "cycling" HCG be an option to get some benefits increased test production , while avoiding desensitizing?
    I would not do that ever. Cycling it in that fashion can boost T levels but at the same time put your Pituitary function (LH-FSH) on a roller coaster ride which is the last thing you want. Remember your pituitary is what needs to function for you to endogenously produce testosterone and spermatogenesis.

    If you are concerned about fertility then your doctor should have prescribed you clomid, which will hyperstimulate your pituitary function (not shut it down) increasing both LH and FSH subsequently increasing T production downstream. It's a viable form of TRT many use when fertility is an issue. Clomid makes the hypothalamus think estrogen is low so it ramps up signalling to the pituitary to increase production.

    What type of doctor do you see?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  14. #14
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Kelkel would it be okay to dm you?

  15. #15
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    PM, sure.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  16. #16
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Any additional thoughts out there on people taking hcg ? As a form of treatment?

  17. #17
    AR's King Silabolin's Avatar
    AR's King Silabolin is online now Castle Power
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYtx View Post
    Spoke with doc about a low T count
    And he is prescribing HCG
    Is that a common way to go?
    Vets here suggest Nebido. I am in my 11. th week now and im very happy with it sofar.
    I think its better than weekly shots.

  18. #18
    SKYtx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Vets here suggest Nebido. I am in my 11. th week now and im very happy with it sofar.
    I think its better than weekly shots.
    That's effectively traditionally trt using test right?
    Thataffects fertility long term?

  19. #19
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYtx View Post
    That's effectively traditionally trt using test right?
    Thataffects fertility long term?
    Yes, it's the longest estered testosterone so minimal injections needed. Normally after the initial shot there's a booster around week 6 then approximately every 10 weeks thereafter based on BW, which means it could be a little sooner or later. Any testosterone can effect fertility, which is one of the reasons HCG is used.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •