anoxicblaze is offline Associate Member

Which tests to request from my GP (NHS)

Hi, which specific tests do you recommend I request while doing my TRT?
    I was going to simply ask for RBC, Total/Free testosterone , E2 levels.
    Which do you consider to be the essential tests for those having TRT? The correct, scientific terminology would be helpful.

Thanks

-----------
    About me:
    Test level on 1/5/17: 286 ng/dl
    TRT started on Wed 17/5/17
    Type: Testoviron Depot (enanthate )
    Dose: 125mg
    Frequency: Weekly
    Other meds: 0.5mg Anastrozole every other day
    E2 level - Unknown
    RBC - Unknown

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I got told at my last appointment that the nhs will no longer pay for more tests as i was fine... i hope you have better success man

That's shit. Understandable if it's for cycles but not TRT.

Quote Originally Posted by anoxicblaze View Post
    That's shit. Understandable if it's for cycles but not TRT.
    Im 18 with a total test of 310ng/dl and free test 226pmol/l never touched steroids . Lol hopefully someone chimes in. Ill be getting more blood work privatly in a few months

Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Im 18 with a total test of 310ng/dl and free test 226pmol/l never touched steroids. Lol hopefully someone chimes in. Ill be getting more blood work privatly in a few months
    I enquired about going private today, with Spire. I was quoted £239 just for the blood tests. We have that to look forward to when the Tories win the election and dismantle the NHS.

I enquired about going private today, with Spire. I was quoted £239 just for the blood tests. We have that to look forward to when the Tories win the election and dismantle the NHS.
    Apparantly needle exchanges can point you in the direction of free testosterone checks if you enquire. I am a bit iffy about visiting a needle exchange but that was the advice i was given.

Ive been doing alot of research on trt and low t because it is something that bothers me deeply. This test seems the cheapest and best that ive found. And its £99 which is a steal compared to others. To me it seems like it has everything that you need.

Theres something about the e2 tes that is different from the us test.... i am unsure exactly what it is as of right now but there is a difference.
    https://www.medichecks.com/hormone-t...heck-plus-male

Alot of people think going private gives you more access to trt but from my research you end up with the same docs... except you're paying for it.

Be careful with self admin trt... what if your source dries up? I would probably at least keep clomid and nolva on hand for worst case scenario

I can't seen my sources drying up unless there is a World War. So many to choose from.

Apparantly needle exchanges can point you in the direction of free testosterone checks if you enquire. I am a bit iffy about visiting a needle exchange but that was the advice i was given.

Ive been doing alot of research on trt and low t because it is something that bothers me deeply. This test seems the cheapest and best that ive found. And its £99 which is a steal compared to others. To me it seems like it has everything that you need.

Theres something about the e2 tes that is different from the us test.... i am unsure exactly what it is as of right now but there is a difference.
    https://www.medichecks.com/hormone-t...heck-plus-male
    This seems fine at half the price. https://www.medichecks.com/hormone-t...ini-check-male

This seems fine at half the price. https://www.medichecks.com/hormone-t...ini-check-male
    Yeah but you dont get your lh and fsh. These are important in diagnosing hypogonadism. But if its just for trt check ups, both of these will be almost 0 anyway so i suppose the cheaper one would do

ryobi1 is offline Associate Member

Be careful with self admin trt... what if your source dries up? I would probably at least keep clomid and nolva on hand for worst case scenario
    best to find out if you are primary or secondary instead of self administering TRT,
    find out the reason why,before changing your bodies natural hormone loop.

Injecting once or twice a week would get tiresome, especially if its not nesseccary.

Quote Originally Posted by ryobi1 View Post
    best to find out if you are primary or secondary instead of self administering TRT,
    find out the reason why,before changing your bodies natural hormone loop.

Injecting once or twice a week would get tiresome, especially if its not nesseccary.
    I'm feeling great so far so I'm happy with my decision. Plus I came off SSRI's, which caused me problems. I get regular blood tests so I shouldn't be at much risk. Not to mention the fact that my GP refuses to look into the matter as it is "just part of getting older".

BadDaz is offline New Member
    Yeah Primoteston by Bayer Test E,WON'T FIND BETTER !

Thread Information