igbee is offline New Member

Control estrogen by injecting 2x a week AND taking Anastrozol? Need Knowledgeable vet

Started low T therapy a couple months ago with .8ml test C a week. Labs came back with a good amount converting to estrogen. Doc said I had two options; break up injection to 2x a week or take 1 mg of Anastrozole 3 times a week. Instead, I am considering doing the 2x a week injection AND taking 2 (not 3) Anastrozole a week, each when I do the test injection. Bad plan? Makes sense? Should I just go with the 2x weekly injection? I don't go back for new labs for a good 3 months.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igbee View Post
    Started low T therapy a couple months ago with .8ml test C a week. Labs came back with a good amount converting to estrogen. Doc said I had two options; break up injection to 2x a week or take 1 mg of Anastrozole 3 times a week. Instead, I am considering doing the 2x a week injection AND taking 2 (not 3) Anastrozole a week, each when I do the test injection. Bad plan? Makes sense? Should I just go with the 2x weekly injection? I don't go back for new labs for a good 3 months.
    3 x 1mg anastrozole would be needed if you were injecting 5ml two times a week. For TRT amounts, much smaller doses are used.

2x weekly pins make perfect sense in the regard of estrogen control, and anastrozole might not be even needed. A common approach btw is to take .25mg (1/4th cp) withing one day after each pin.

You should post your actual bloodwork btw and use the sensitive estradiol assay if available as the standard one can yield falsely high levels in men.

Do you have any symptom of high estradiol?

Is your cypionate dosed at 200mg/ml right?

igbee is offline New Member
    Yep, Test is 200 mg/ml. Dosage is .8ml a week, or .4ml twice a week. First labs show my free test jumped to 800+ and total something like 10. I don't have the paperwork but doc said my estrogen levels jumped significantly as well and I did have symptoms, mostly moon face, a lot of water retention. I'm in my mid forties, have always hit the gym, but have had to travel for work every week for the last 3 years and my bodyfat percentage has jumped up from 18% to 26%. Just trying to get it back to the 18% range.

It sounds like I was prescribed too high a level of Anastrozole? Prescrip says 1 mg pill, 3x a week. Maybe doc goofed. Recommend just doing 2 pins and dropping the Anas?

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by igbee View Post
    Yep, Test is 200 mg/ml. Dosage is .8ml a week, or .4ml twice a week. First labs show my free test jumped to 800+ and total something like 10. I don't have the paperwork but doc said my estrogen levels jumped significantly as well and I did have symptoms, mostly moon face, a lot of water retention. I'm in my mid forties, have always hit the gym, but have had to travel for work every week for the last 3 years and my bodyfat percentage has jumped up from 18% to 26%. Just trying to get it back to the 18% range.

It sounds like I was prescribed too high a level of Anastrozole? Prescrip says 1 mg pill, 3x a week. Maybe doc goofed. Recommend just doing 2 pins and dropping the Anas?
    Your %bf can indeed drive your estrogen levels up as aromatase is highly expressed in adipose tissue. For us men on TRT, maintaining an healthy %bf is paramount to an host of problems.

What I'd do, is split to twice weekly, start with .25 anastrozole and see how you do from there. Split the pills using a dedicated cutter or a sharp blade. It can take some practice.

Don't take the whole pill or it will crush your E2. Some men seem to tolerate that but most will report issues such a joint pain, bad fatigue, low sex drive, etc.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Some good advice from Bizzarro. You should request a copy of your labs. Each lab must be interpreted within the laboratory's standard ranges and units in which they report the results, which vary from lab to lab. Results like "free test jumped to 800+ and total something like 10" does give us much to go on. For example, standard LabCorp ranges for men 50-60 years old are 7.2-24.0 pg/mL. So, I'm assuming the 800 number is referring to Total T and is ng/dL, but we are left to guess.

Same goes for your E2 levels. We could provide much more focused feedback if we new the actual test that was used, the exact numbers, units, and ranges. The gold standard for men is The "Sensitive" (LC/MS/MS) lab. Unfortunately, many docs are misinformed and inexperienced in TRT and prescribe the standard female E2 test which gives results that are worse then just plain wrong, they will often give a number that shows excessively high E2 men, simply because we fall below the low end of the assay sensitivity range and report inflated numbers.

One more thing about E2. I've read so much chatter here from guys paranoid about E2. yes, excessively high E2 is not good for you, but men absolutely require E2 for normal health, and particularly sexual health. It's one of those ironies of nature that men require a certain amount of E2 to maintain normal erections. What I've seen posted so many times are excessive use of aromatase inhibitors without supporting labs.

Finally, that leads to my last question (sorry about the long post). Why is it you do not want more frequent labs? You really should know and understand all of your major labs on a regular basis and make sure any changes to your program are supported with labs and have appropriate follow-up labs.

Thread Information