senior_xj is offline Junior Member

Question HCG & Bacteriostatic Water?

I've heard that bacteriostatic water can decrease the affects of HCG & im afraid of it going bad. Currently i'm mixing 5000iu amps with one ml of the solution that comes with it & Im adding another ml of bacteriostatic water to make dosing easier.

So, is there anything else I can mix the HCG with, or should I just use the 1 ml solution that comes with it?
    If I just use the included solution then how the heck do I figure out 250iu doses with a 1cc syringe?

Thanks!!

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Just use the bac water.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephets View Post
    Just use the bac water.
    Doesn't it go bad after 30 days or less??

Anyone? (and yes ive searched)

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Get 2 for a 12wk cycle.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by senior_xj View Post
    I've heard that bacteriostatic water can decrease the affects of HCG & im afraid of it going bad. Currently i'm mixing 5000iu amps with one ml of the solution that comes with it & Im adding another ml of bacteriostatic water to make dosing easier.

So, is there anything else I can mix the HCG with, or should I just use the 1 ml solution that comes with it?
    If I just use the included solution then how the heck do I figure out 250iu doses with a 1cc syringe?

Thanks!!
    Mix 2ml of bac water per 5000 iu of hcg. That gives a solution of 2500iu per ml. Now one tenth of a cc is 250iu. The "1" mark on a slin pin. No it doesnt go bad with bac water in 30 days it will last the duration of your cycle but you need to refrigerate mixed hcg at all times.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member

Thanks!!
    Where did you "hear" this? I see no reason at all to suspect it's true. Preserved saline and preserved B12 are all I've ever used to mix up HCG and I've never noticed a problem.

I usually mix 5 mL with 5,000 IU to get 1,000 IU/mL solution. Then 0.1 mL (1 unit on an insulin syringe = 100 IU). This makes it very easy to calculate doses and measurement is easier than with more concentrated dilutions.

The potency of HCG will slowly decrease over time in any aqueous solution (preserved or not). That is why I usually purchase 5,000 IU ampules rather than 10,000. At 1,000 IU HCG per week, the mixed ampule of 5,000 IU will last me about 5 weeks. That way I keep mixing up fresh HCG. Personally, I wouldn't let it go much beyond 60 days, but I have no data to support that.

I'll make my question a bit easier to understand:

Is there anything else you can use to mix up HCG with other then bacteriostatic water?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I'll make my question a bit easier to understand:

Is there anything else you can use to mix up HCG with other then bacteriostatic water?
    Here's what I do to mix up my HCG to deliver 100 IU HCG + 70 mcg B12 per 0.1 mL:

What you need
    An empty 10 mL sterile vial (I actually use this many times over, but that's a practice that's open to debate)
    A 5,000 IU amp of HCG
    Vitamin B12 1000 mcg/mL (often labeled 10,000 mcg/10 mL but same concentration)
    A sterile (one time use) syringe to transfer the liquid (I use a 3 mL with a 28G lure lock needle)
    Alcohol wipes

How to mix it
    Gently tap the HCG amp a few times on a hard surface to make sure all the HC is at the bottom of the vial
    Wipe down the amp and mixing vial top with alcohol wipe
    Using sterile technique, draw up exactly 2 mL B12 and slowly transfer to the amp. I usually aim toward the sides to rinse down any clinging HCG powder. DO THIS VERY SLOWLY AND GENTLY.
    GENTLY swirl the HCG mixture with the end of the needle until it is all dissolved
    Tilt the amp slightly to the side and draw the mixture back up into the syringe with the needle pointed into the lowest part of the amp
    GENTLY transfer the solution to the 10 mL vial.
    Repeat this procedure with another 1.5 mL B12 (this will be 3 mL B12 IN TOTAL)
    Repeat this procedure with 1.5 mL sterile saline or bacteriostatic injection saline (I use the latter)

When you are done, you will have 5 mL of a mixed HCG solution that is reddish in color (easy to see in a syringe). Each 0.1 mL will deliver 100 IU HCG = 70 mcg B12.

My current protocol (though I sometimes deviate from it with lower amounts and/or more frequent injections) is to inject 0.45 mL every 3 days with my testosterone . This will deliver 1,050 IU HCG per week + 816 mcg B12 per week.

Thread Information