Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Does Anyone Regret Going on TRT?

Kyle1337 is offline Member

Does Anyone Regret Going on TRT?

Pretty straight forward question. Do you guys have regret going to TRT? More directed to the people that damaged themselves from cycling, and wanted to take it to the next level so they jumped to TRT. Also, maybe the people that have low numbers naturally (300s) and decided to go the TRT route through a DR., or even self medication. Do you guys regret damaging yourselves from cycling? Why?

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    Pretty straight forward question. Do you guys have regret going to TRT? More directed to the people that damaged themselves from cycling, and wanted to take it to the next level so they jumped to TRT. Also, maybe the people that have low numbers naturally (300s) and decided to go the TRT route through a DR., or even self medication. Do you guys regret damaging yourselves from cycling? Why?
    People that run TRT without being diagnosed by a doctor are a joke, too much "bro science" in my opinion.

I had issues for years before I was diagnosed with TRT, had to rule a lot of other things out. It is literally a life sentence for me.

Seeing people run TRT "for fun" is a total joke to me.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Never saw an AAS until diagnosed at 42 with primary gonadal (total test 68).

Now I drive it like I stole it.

Life is simple. Make decisions and don't look back. (Han, Tokyo Drift)

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Regret no, maybe I had other choices I could have made for a year before starting the HRT lifestyle maybe

I was diagnosed with low test, levels under 220 and free test was at the bottom so my doc said HRT was a good option, these days I've seen a lot of good benefits from running my first cycle and I feel like I did make the right decision, thing is it bothers me since maybe I could have worked on myself a little better before starting with it and jumping straight into HRT, maybe I could have gotten my nutrition in order, go to the gym, stop focusing on negative things in my life, but I couldn't do it, so I jumped on HRT test cyp 1ml a week and things have been going good so far. No regrets so far, maybe just wish I started this journey before things got so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    People that run TRT without being diagnosed by a doctor are a joke, too much "bro science" in my opinion.

I had issues for years before I was diagnosed with TRT, had to rule a lot of other things out. It is literally a life sentence for me.

Seeing people run TRT "for fun" is a total joke to me.
    It certainly is a life sentence. I would rather have prescription regulated TRT if it ever came to it. I've had several of the symtoms low test provided many times before ever trying AAS and now that I have, I still experience it of course when coming off, but I feel ok until I'm ready for next cycle but I can see my test is "low" as in 300. Last couple recovery I actually went up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Never saw an AAS until diagnosed at 42 with primary gonadal (total test 68).

Now I drive it like I stole it.

Life is simple. Make decisions and don't look back. (Han, Tokyo Drift)
    That's very true... Han with an inspiring quote hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    Regret no, maybe I had other choices I could have made for a year before starting the HRT lifestyle maybe

I was diagnosed with low test, levels under 220 and free test was at the bottom so my doc said HRT was a good option, these days I've seen a lot of good benefits from running my first cycle and I feel like I did make the right decision, thing is it bothers me since maybe I could have worked on myself a little better before starting with it and jumping straight into HRT, maybe I could have gotten my nutrition in order, go to the gym, stop focusing on negative things in my life, but I couldn't do it, so I jumped on HRT test cyp 1ml a week and things have been going good so far. No regrets so far, maybe just wish I started this journey before things got so bad...
    You make very good points. It can be difficult to make the final decision and it's very easy to not regret it, but maybe look at it at a different angle. Thanks for that. I certainly don't want to do something I am not ready for.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Good topic

MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries
    I gave it a lot of thought and research before I decided to jump on TRT. I still wonder all the time if it was the right decision. However, I feel great and I see a lot of benefits. As long as I am able to maintain good lab values I will remain on TRT. It is common for people to second guess themselves. I do it all the time in other avenues of life. You just have to make a decision and role with it. Life is full of choices and there is no handbook out there that gives all the answers.
    Kyle1337 likes this.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I wish I had a choice to get off... Damn half the people on this thread are self diagnosed.

TRT lead me to AAS, would have never really considered it but since i was already injecting test and having regular bloodwork and be under my doctors supervision I said fuck it and went for it and have enjoyed a cycle here and there. At this point I like some low dose tren EOD for 8-10 weeks and keep my TRT dose the same.

My body will never produce test again for the rest of my life, there is no recovery or pct for me. I'm thankful to have somehow been blessed with one child and recently found out I am sterile.

Maybe I'm just bitter because of my circumstances and how I got here but reading that people just decide when they feel low and run whatever dose they feel like, for fun so to speak, blows my mind. Don't get me wrong, I've made great gains with TRT in size, strength, mass and endurance. My body fat has never been lower. Add in the tren and its really phenomenonal. BUT even with that being said I'd give almost anything for a normal functioning body.

I don't mean any offense to those running their own self diagnoses TRT protocol, I'm just bitter I don't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MTheoryFreak View Post
    I gave it a lot of thought and research before I decided to jump on TRT. I still wonder all the time if it was the right decision. However, I feel great and I see a lot of benefits. As long as I am able to maintain good lab values I will remain on TRT. It is common for people to second guess themselves. I do it all the time in other avenues of life. You just have to make a decision and role with it. Life is full of choices and there is no handbook out there that gives all the answers.
    Very true, thanks for sharing.

I wish I had a choice to get off... Damn half the people on this thread are self diagnosed.

TRT lead me to AAS, would have never really considered it but since i was already injecting test and having regular bloodwork and be under my doctors supervision I said fuck it and went for it and have enjoyed a cycle here and there. At this point I like some low dose tren EOD for 8-10 weeks and keep my TRT dose the same.

My body will never produce test again for the rest of my life, there is no recovery or pct for me. I'm thankful to have somehow been blessed with one child and recently found out I am sterile.

Maybe I'm just bitter because of my circumstances and how I got here but reading that people just decide when they feel low and run whatever dose they feel like, for fun so to speak, blows my mind. Don't get me wrong, I've made great gains with TRT in size, strength, mass and endurance. My body fat has never been lower. Add in the tren and its really phenomenonal. BUT even with that being said I'd give almost anything for a normal functioning body.

I don't mean any offense to those running their own self diagnoses TRT protocol, I'm just bitter I don't have a choice.
    Good post, do you mind me asking how old you are?

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I started AAS when I was young (under 18) and before the internet and all the information that is currently available. I screwed myself up and needed to go on TRT. But, I still love to cycle. Now that I am nearly 50 I rarely go over 500mg per week and stopped doing tren about a year ago. I do not have any regrets as I have not had any terrible health scares with it. Also, I know this might sound crazy, but I think having low T when I was young enabled me to become successful in life as I was able to concentrate on work instead of sex all the time. Ha ha.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Cupid is offline Junior Member
    If you HAVE to do it, what is there to regret?

A life sentence??? Owning a dog is more fucking responsibility than injecting once or twice a week and taking an AI - I really don't see the big deal.

Not needing to do it and doing it anyways....thats a different story.
    Too-$mall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post

A life sentence??? Owning a dog is more fucking responsibility than injecting once or twice a week and taking an AI - I really don't see the big deal.

What if you HAVE to do it because you screwed yourself up purposely? And by that I mean even if you cycle properly, eventually you will need TRT sooner than later.

Also, many people jump to TRT because cycling and recovering is fucking miserable and the gains fall off, however on TRT you don't feel like shit ever and maintain more of the gains.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    What if you HAVE to do it because you screwed yourself up purposely? And by that I mean even if you cycle properly, eventually you will need TRT sooner than later.

Also, many people jump to TRT because cycling and recovering is fucking miserable and the gains fall off, however on TRT you don't feel like shit ever and maintain more of the gains.
    I am a self diagnosed trt guy. It wasnt bro science, it was goals. Do I want to lose gains between cycles? Hell no! Thats not where I am headed. I didnt marry trt. I married my goals. My goals will probably shorten my life sentence as well.
    I have never minded sticking a needle in myself. In fact the first cycle I ran I was using enormous bovine needles. I was totally clueless, the injection holes were so damn big the gear would shoot back out of my glute unless I held my finger over the hole.
    I frequently reused pins after "sanitizing" them with bleach like the crazy ignorant ass I was.

Buuut I wanted it bad and loved it. I still do.
    I dont know if I always will, but I see no reason why I would decide a needle every month on nebido would be to much to bear, when I am to old to cycle.

Shit we will probably have new "super tren " or something by the time I get to old to cycle and that will be my excuse for being grouchy.
    Kyle1337 and Too-$mall like this.

Obs

Lol! Btw the fact that I no longer pct... (tears up, voice cracking)... Is the best thing thats ever happend to me!
    Kyle1337 likes this.

Too-$mall is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I am a self diagnosed trt guy. It wasnt bro science, it was goals. Do I want to lose gains between cycles? Hell no! Thats not where I am headed. I didnt marry trt. I married my goals. My goals will probably shorten my life sentence as well.
    I have never minded sticking a needle in myself. In fact the first cycle I ran I was using enormous bovine needles. I was totally clueless, the injection holes were so damn big the gear would shoot back out of my glute unless I held my finger over the hole.
    I frequently reused pins after "sanitizing" them with bleach like the crazy ignorant ass I was.

Buuut I wanted it bad and loved it. I still do.
    I dont know if I always will, but I see no reason why I would decide a needle every month on nebido would be to much to bear, when I am to old to cycle.

Shit we will probably have new "super tren" or something by the time I get to old to cycle and that will be my excuse for being grouchy.
    hell yea bro
    Obs likes this.

Cupid is offline Junior Member

Dude are you reading what you are typing?
    If you HAVE to do it, who the fuck cares about the reason you HAVE to do it?
    If it is because you fucked yourself up, then the question you should be asking is not whether or not people regret going on TRT but rather whether or not they regret fucking with AAS to begin with.

It sounds to me like you actually don't HAVE to go on TRT....you are just looking at it as an easy solution for the hassles of cycling and so you can enjoy the benefits of having high test all the time and blasting as much as you like.....and your posting here for someone to give you a green light that that mentality is ok, am I correct?

If so....my opinion is if you don't HAVE to, don't do it. If you HAVE to, stop being a little bitch and do it. And if you don't HAVE to do it, but you really just don't give a fuck and want to do it anyways....then stop being a bitch and waiting for someone else's approval....just do it.
    Obs and jwh7699 like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Trt was something i had to go on there was no choice in the matter. I'm on nebido so 4 injections per year aren't a worry and trt makes me normal.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Trt was something i had to go on there was no choice in the matter. I'm on nebido so 4 injections per year aren't a worry and trt makes me normal.
    Same here due to my car accident - though it was a slower process that took me 2-3 yrs of piecing together everything together I too was suffering so I'm so much happier now than I was! No brained for me!

Obs
    you are just looking at it as an easy solution for the hassles of cycling and so you can enjoy the benefits of having high test all the time and blasting as much as you like...
    You confused kyle1337 with me. He is taking opinions to get a general consensus of what it is like after many years. Green lights come from an individuals decision, he is looking for pros and cons, and not doing anything wrong.
    Kyle1337 and Quester like this.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member

Exactly what I was thinking.

We all have to keep in mind that this forum is a mix of guys with different backgrounds and goals. For those of us that do TRT because we have a medical need for it unrelated to AAS abuse, it's no different than taking a blood pressure medication. What choice do you have? Pay the consequences of not doing it?

And while I'm on my soap box, I think guys tend to make it much more complicated than it has to be. Most guys will do just fine on 50 mg injected twice weekly. Assuming you do not have other complications like high or low SHBG), this amount should keep your Total and Free T within physiological ranges at all times. Since there are no huge spikes in T, there are no huge spikes in conversion to E2. Therefore, you probably do not need an E2 inhibitor (or very low doses at the most).

I inject 0.5 mL (40 mg) every 3 days. I use a 28G needle (slightly bigger than a mosquito bite). It takes me about a minute to draw up and about 5 seconds to inject. The entire process takes about 7 minutes out of my week and I've been doing this for well over 5 years. If you can't afford 7 minutes in a week, then no, you should not be on TRT.

Dude are you reading what you are typing?
    If you HAVE to do it, who the fuck cares about the reason you HAVE to do it?
    If it is because you fucked yourself up, then the question you should be asking is not whether or not people regret going on TRT but rather whether or not they regret fucking with AAS to begin with.

It sounds to me like you actually don't HAVE to go on TRT....you are just looking at it as an easy solution for the hassles of cycling and so you can enjoy the benefits of having high test all the time and blasting as much as you like.....and your posting here for someone to give you a green light that that mentality is ok, am I correct?

If so....my opinion is if you don't HAVE to, don't do it. If you HAVE to, stop being a little bitch and do it. And if you don't HAVE to do it, but you really just don't give a fuck and want to do it anyways....then stop being a bitch and waiting for someone else's approval....just do it.
    I guess I wouldn't be so straight forward in speaking my mind, but yeah, I agree.

Per my previous post, we have to separate the AAS users in this forum from the guys who need TRT for legitimate medical reasons. Unfortunately, news from the AAS abusers tend to fill the press with the evils of testosterone and make it more difficult for those of us who really need it. I'm not passing judgement, only to point out there is a difference in how one defines "need".

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    I'm just bitter I don't have a choice.

Well, imagine not having the option to implement TRT. How do you think you'd feel then? Imagine if you just had to suffer for decades with low T and all the other maladies that come from it?
    almostgone, NACH3 and DocToxin8 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Shit we will probably have new "super tren" or something by the time I get to old to cycle and that will be my excuse for being grouchy.

Since when do you need an excuse?
    RaginCajun, Obs and almostgone like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

trt makes me normal.

As compared to?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    No brain for me!

Nope, letting it go.

(to much humor in one thread)
    RaginCajun, almostgone and NACH3 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    As compared to?
    Abnormal
    almostgone likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Some of us just strive for that actually.

Obs
    Since when do you need an excuse?
    I am a little teddy bear.

Abnormal
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Some of us just strive for that actually.

Keep us in the loop please. We'll have some type of forum party when this moment occurs!
    almostgone, hammerheart and NACH3 like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Well, imagine not having the option to implement TRT. How do you think you'd feel then? Imagine if you just had to suffer for decades with low T and all the other maladies that come from it?
    Exactly. I don't know how well I would have endured the unending fatigue for much longer. My values were low and I felt like I was slowly decaying. If I recall correctly your values were horrendously low. I don't see how you managed to function.
    Obs and NACH3 like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Exactly. I don't know how well I would have endured the unending fatigue for much longer. My values were low and I felt like I was slowly decaying. If I recall correctly your values were horrendously low. I don't see how you managed to function.
    I would have had to walk away from aas if I hadn't. Post pct my levels were so low I had ED, I was yelling at the drop of a hat, getting in arguments with my girlfrien, and making her feel insufficient because I went from sex three times a day every day sometimes, to no sex whatsoever. I started slipping back into my little pity party and couldnt get motivation to do a damn thing but I had to work hard and that made me all the angrier.

I had trouble settling in with tren e, but my attitude was stellar compared to what it was post pct. No sense in living like that.
    almostgone and Kyle1337 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I still had tremendous energy and motivation with my levels being under 200. In fact, TRT has been since the start a major cause of fatigue.

I guess just like most drugs and treatment is more like a trade, you sacrifice some aspects of your functioning for others.

Despite the negative sides I can't neither say I have anything to regret, I had to accept TRT because my brain was just not functioning in that condition.
    marcus300 likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I still had tremendous energy and motivation with my levels being under 200. In fact, TRT has been since the start a major cause of fatigue.

I guess just like most drugs and treatment is more like a trade, you sacrifice some aspects of your functioning for others.

Despite the negative sides I can't neither say I have anything to regret, I had to accept TRT because my brain was just not functioning in that condition.
    Yes, I had the physical and mental fatigue. Felt like I was operating in a fog. Simple geometry problems became extremely difficult to work through, easily distracted, etc.
    At 117 ng/dL I felt horrible. It was a major task just to wake up, much less be productive.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Yes, the fog. That, scared the sh*t out of me even more than ED. It felt like dying.
    almostgone, marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

These are good responses, and I am just listening to reason that's all. Not looking for 'easy solution'. Lmao, nothing's easy.

Keep the info coming
    almostgone likes this.

waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking.

We all have to keep in mind that this forum is a mix of guys with different backgrounds and goals. For those of us that do TRT because we have a medical need for it unrelated to AAS abuse, it's no different than taking a blood pressure medication. What choice do you have? Pay the consequences of not doing it?

And while I'm on my soap box, I think guys tend to make it much more complicated than it has to be. Most guys will do just fine on 50 mg injected twice weekly. Assuming you do not have other complications like high or low SHBG), this amount should keep your Total and Free T within physiological ranges at all times. Since there are no huge spikes in T, there are no huge spikes in conversion to E2. Therefore, you probably do not need an E2 inhibitor (or very low doses at the most).

I inject 0.5 mL (40 mg) every 3 days. I use a 28G needle (slightly bigger than a mosquito bite). It takes me about a minute to draw up and about 5 seconds to inject. The entire process takes about 7 minutes out of my week and I've been doing this for well over 5 years. If you can't afford 7 minutes in a week, then no, you should not be on TRT.
    Youthful55guy, what length needle do you use and what part of the body do you inject?

Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    Youthful55guy, what length needle do you use and what part of the body do you inject?
    1/2 inch (12.7 mm) into the upper outer quad.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    On year 7 and couldnt imagine a better or more productive life without it!
    Obs, Sh0tsf1red, Kyle1337 and 2 others like this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In retrospect I could have been smarter,
    But that doesn't just apply to AAS use.
    Shit, if I'm gonna regret all the choices I've done that have affected my life in a big way (and many would say in a negative way), I'd have nothing but regrets.

I regret nothing!
    And you can carve that on my tombstone.

My only issue is it's fucking hard to get prescribed TRT properly over here.
    Not to mention is MUCH cheaper just doing it illegally.

However, one issue though;
    I'm not that interested in having kids,
    but it's nice to have the option.
    While it wouldn't be impossible (I think),
    it won't be easy either.
    Still, I'm ok with that too. At least for now.
    Obs and Kyle1337 like this.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    In retrospect I could have been smarter,
    But that doesn't just apply to AAS use.
    Shit, if I'm gonna regret all the choices I've done that have affected my life in a big way (and many would say in a negative way), I'd have nothing but regrets.

I regret nothing!
    And you can carve that on my tombstone.

My only issue is it's fucking hard to get prescribed TRT properly over here.
    Not to mention is MUCH cheaper just doing it illegally.

However, one issue though;
    I'm not that interested in having kids,
    but it's nice to have the option.
    While it wouldn't be impossible (I think),
    it won't be easy either.
    Still, I'm ok with that too. At least for now.
    Nice Tombstone!
    I want them to carve:
    What the fuck was I supposed to do?
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information