Thread: High Prolactin

gpetersmarck is offline New Member

High Prolactin

Hello, I am grateful for the resource that is provided here on this forum. I will try to be short:

For a few years now, I have been dealing with some elevated prolactin. I am on Testosterone Cypionate .5ml every 5 days. I can get into somewhat detailed history of all of past bloodwork but was wondering if anyone had input on if these levels below would be a concern? About 1.5 years ago I did have an MRI which they thought showed a pituitary tumor but after going to an amazing endocrinologist and brain surgeon at the Univ of Michigan, they said it was a false positive and no tumor. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.29.02 PM.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	169550

I am at a loss what could be the cause of this, if it should be a concern, etc. After doing some in depth searching a did see some small references to adderall and prolactin. Safe to say my adderall use in the past has been elevated. Again, any input would be appreciated.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gpetersmarck View Post
    Hello, I am grateful for the resource that is provided here on this forum. I will try to be short:

For a few years now, I have been dealing with some elevated prolactin. I am on Testosterone Cypionate .5ml every 5 days. I can get into somewhat detailed history of all of past bloodwork but was wondering if anyone had input on if these levels below would be a concern? About 1.5 years ago I did have an MRI which they thought showed a pituitary tumor but after going to an amazing endocrinologist and brain surgeon at the Univ of Michigan, they said it was a false positive and no tumor. Click image for larger version. 

I am at a loss what could be the cause of this, if it should be a concern, etc. After doing some in depth searching a did see some small references to adderall and prolactin. Safe to say my adderall use in the past has been elevated. Again, any input would be appreciated.
    What is your E2 at? That can make someone a little more sensitive to prolactins side effects if prolactin is high.

I am at a loss to why prolactin is high. I'll defer that part to some more knowledgeable members.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

gpetersmarck is offline New Member
    Thank you for the quick reply. Below is my history of E2 - all seems good there.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.45.55 PM.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	169552
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Prolactin-screen-shot-2017-06-02-6.29.02-pm.png  

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gpetersmarck View Post

It is indeed elevated but not so high to think of a pituitary tumour. I'm in the same boat, I developed "idiopathic" hyperprolactinemia with levels akin to yours and I got a small adenoma too, though in my case that was checked before high prolactin appeared.

Imo it's not a major need of concern, etiology could be from psychiatric disease, drug use (antypsychotics, antidepressants, GI prokinetics, rec drugs, etc), hypothyroidism...

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    What is your E2 at? That can make someone a little more sensitive to prolactins side effects if prolactin is high.

I am at a loss to why prolactin is high. I'll defer that part to some more knowledgeable members.
    What about your Kratom? Ever though of it?

Thread Information