Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By Jedi1337

Thread: Is testosterone a cognitive enhancer?

hxt
    hxt is offline Associate Member

Is testosterone a cognitive enhancer?

Ive been reading a lot on how testosterone has helped lift brain fog, helped with memory, motivation, and focus, while also combating anxiety and depression.

there is a relationship between dopamine and IQ, and testosterone boosts dopamine. so it has me wondering, does testosterone increase cognitive function and work as a nootropic?

if so, why is there this stereotype that high testosterone = dumb and reckless?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hxt View Post
    Ive been reading a lot on how testosterone has helped lift brain fog, helped with memory, motivation, and focus, while also combating anxiety and depression.

there is a relationship between dopamine and IQ, and testosterone boosts dopamine. so it has me wondering, does testosterone increase cognitive function and work as a nootropic?

Walking around with a hormone imbalance is not gonna make you think clear. Ever felt like shit with a hangover and started doing math problems? Low testosterone can hinder brain function. That doesn't mean high test will make you smarter. Your body was meant to run at a certain level for optimal performance.

On the last part... Guys like me is why.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Walking around with a hormone imbalance is not gonna make you think clear. Ever felt like shit with a hangover and started doing math problems? Low testosterone can hinder brain function. That doesn't mean high test will make you smarter. Your body was meant to run at a certain level for optimal performance.

On the last part... Guys like me is why.
    Lollol
    I agree with OB when your feeling good your thinking clear.when Iam on a good amount of test I get high during my training and more so than when Iam not because I can push myself harder and the result is a better mood, better thought process and healthier mind..

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The ^^^ comments plus my personal experience= yes.
    I was more anxious and uptight before the test trt. Now I don't have to contend with all of the shit that those things bring so yeah, I think more clearly and it is therefore a cognitive enhancer.
    Obs likes this.

dikow is offline New Member
    Yes, it is

Jedi1337 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hxt View Post

On the "dumb and reckless" note, I think that test does also change your risk apetite. I mean, thats what confidence is, right? It probably stems from the fact that test is a sex hormone and therefore is aimed as maximising reproduction by increasing risk-taking behaviour. The reward of procreation is what every male wants, consciously, subconsciously, etc.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi1337 View Post
    On the "dumb and reckless" note, I think that test does also change your risk apetite. I mean, thats what confidence is, right? It probably stems from the fact that test is a sex hormone and therefore is aimed as maximising reproduction by increasing risk-taking behaviour. The reward of procreation is what every male wants, consciously, subconsciously, etc.
    Lol!
    "Hold my beer"
    "Watch this shiiit ladies!"

Thread Information