Kampfzentrum is offline New Member

40 year old NEWB to the TRT, looking to see if this is my gig. (ADVICE WELCOMED)

OK, I'm 40 - about to hit 41 - and have been forwarded to this forum (i.e. TRT) thinking that this would be better for me. Here's my situation:

At 40 I'm good. I look 32, play scenario paintball (very athletic), and enjoy a great sex life. I would say that for most men my age, I probably have above average T production but have noticed a decline since my mid-30s. Now however, after coming off of a shoulder surgery (weightlifter's shoulder, distal clavicle excision) and being inactive for several months, the hard to kick body fat that has been around has gotten a little worse. Nothing crazy, I'm at like 19% BF at 230lbs.

So here's what I'm looking for:

I'm looking to try something that may give me a boost over the winter months to rip me up for spring/summer. Note: I'm not looking to really bulk, but instead cut. If I can do this with an added boost to my T levels, that would just be an added bonus. The reason that I'm consulting the T forums is because with being active all my life, I've been able to tear fat off in several months with proper dieting and exercise; now that I'm older, I'm relating the difficulty to remove it due to lack of T production.

So, anyone have anything for me?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    I understand your frustration with getting older. The changes to body composition don't come quite as fast. My advice is before you consider any sort of hormonal manipulation, you get yourself a COMPLETE set of labs to establish a baseline and evaluate from a knowledge rather than "feel" perspective whether you should be considering hormonal manipulation. I say this because once you start, it's difficult to stop and then it becomes a lifelong medication. You have to be prepared for the ramifications of that. Knowing your current hormone levels will help you make a more informed decision.

If your doc won't work with you on this, you can easily obtain your own labs out of pocket at a reasonable price here: https://www.discountedlabs.com/

jwh7699 is offline Member
    TRT is more for people who have Low Natural Testosterone levels . Like mentioned above getting complete blood work run is your first step to see where you stand.

If your Natural Testosterone levels come back normal you'll want to post in the Anabolic Steroids Question and Answer section for Advice on other Hormone Compounds.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jwh7699 View Post
    TRT is more for people who have Low Natural Testosterone levels . Like mentioned above getting complete blood work run is your first step to see where you stand.

If your Natural Testosterone levels come back normal you'll want to post in the Anabolic Steroids Question and Answer section for Advice on other Hormone Compounds.
    ^x2. There's no free lunch with TRT. You either medically require it, or you dont dabble in it. You cannot embark on this seeking a winter boost & then go back to being natural once the flowers bloom again in April. Doing this will likely turn you into requiring TRT for life...

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    So, your looking at a cycle and/or other products like peptides and B12 mixes. I do not like B12 but others do.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Where you been API............OP, I hope you are taking what is being said very seriously... You go on TRT for a few months, you may never come off. If your BW comes back normal, maybe plan a cycle in the AS section, a sticky from Austinite will answer virtually all your questions on planning a first cycle.

Good luck

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    We have almost the exact same stats. Same age. Same weight. Same goals.

I had 3 blood draws in November and none came back above 250. I was shocked. I’m too early in to give you any advice. Just wanted to wish you good luck.

Thread Information