Trembolono is offline New Member

Question [TRT] 25y/o LOW T, I'm Newbie

Hello, it is the first time I write a thread in a forum of this type. Ask for forgiveness for my bad English. First of all I'll tell you a bit about my story. I am 25 years old, I have been all my life sportsman, contact sports competitor, after an injury I started in the world of bodybuilding and I love it. I have been training for 4 years, but this last year I started to feel more and more tired, fatigued, with sleep problems, my libido is low, my erections are not so hard, my strength is also low, I have a hard time defining / losing weight and then I accumulate fat . In December 2016 I did a BW in which I asked to see my testosterone (at that time I did not understand much about BW)

My testosterone in that BW gave 248 ng / dl (129-780 ng / dl) very low despite being 24 years old. He was somewhat worried, but at that time he did not know much about it. I went to my family doctor and he said "Relax, you're fine, it's within the parameters". I quite worried, I let it go (although at that time I should have worried more) In March of 2017 I wanted to repeat the analysis, but including the Free Test, e2, tsh, ft3, ft4 and other parameters.

MARCH BW:
    Test: 301 (129-780)
    cortisol: 18.30 (5-25)
    e2: 28.94 (11-526)
    Free Test : 9.8 pg/ml (0.6 - 30)
    t3: 0.9 (0.58-1.5)
    t4: 8.10 (4.5-11)
    ft4: 1.07 (0.7-1.4)
    tsh: 2.18 (0.35-5.5)
    Insulin : 3.97 (1.70-31)

my blood glucose, liver, cholesterol and other biomarkers have always been perfect ...
    again, in this analytical the hormonal profile came out quite low, I went back to my family doctor but seeing that everything was in range, he told me that he was fine.

I decided to repeat the analytic in September.

BW:
    Free test 5.8* (8.8-27)

In this analysis did not come parameters such as total testosterone and many others ... I was already scared, how low it had gone. I decide to go back to my family doctor, exaggerating the symptoms (I do not have an erection, I am depressed, I can not sleep, I do not have libido ...) so that I can be referred to an endo.

Finally, I started treating an endo. My endo to see that the last analytic was incomplete, he wanted to repeat it, adding testo total, ifg1,fsh,lh etc ...

Final BW In other lab (Last november)

fsh : 3.05 (1.4-18)
    lh: 1.82 (1.5-9.3)
    test : 3.19 (1.6-8)
    SHBG ; 48.9 (13-71)
    tsh : 2.24 (0.35-4.94)
    free test : 5.5 (3.4-24)

I also had a spermiogram and it was perfect, I am fertile (thank goodness )

when leaving the analytical bad (low to my age + the simtoms that I present) but the spermiogram well, decides to do a magnetic resonance of my pituitary. In the end I was diagnosed with hypopitation. My stem is something small and the problem they think is there, it is something congenital.
    This Tuesday I want to make a final test. The test consists of a fasting analysis, then they introduce insulin and repeat the analysis, to see values ​​like cortisol, gh and others and see what deficiency of hormones my pituitary generates.
    My endo already told me that the treatment would be with "Reandron / nebido". Since he told me that I have been researching this, since I love the world of bodybuilding and seeing everything that was happening to me was very frustrated since my progress this last year in the gym have been null or worse.

I have read several threads here, that speak wonders about the Nebido. I hope my endo sends me a protocol similar to what many of you have followed here.
    - First shoot and then reinforce at 6 weeks with another, and then every 10-12 weeks depends on my bw.
    I am somewhat worried about how it will be after starting with the TRT (speaking of bodybuilding) I will gain muscle mass? Could I lose weight again?
    Thank you. This Tuesday I will tell you

TjmAble is offline Junior Member
    As a Pre-Med I suggest you before jumping into a TRT replacement tell your doctor to check your pituitary gland hormone levels, maybe you have a problem there, cause pituitary gland hormones are the responsible ones who arouse your body to produce natural testosterone , if you have low IGF-1 maybe you need replacement of IGF-1 and not TRT.

Ye ; this tuesday my endo went last bw ; for check that ... the bw consist in : fasting bw ; then inyect something (insulin i think) and then other bw.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trembolono View Post
    Hello, it is the first time I write a thread in a forum of this type. Ask for forgiveness for my bad English. First of all I'll tell you a bit about my story. I am 25 years old, I have been all my life sportsman, contact sports competitor, after an injury I started in the world of bodybuilding and I love it. I have been training for 4 years, but this last year I started to feel more and more tired, fatigued, with sleep problems, my libido is low, my erections are not so hard, my strength is also low, I have a hard time defining / losing weight and then I accumulate fat . In December 2016 I did a BW in which I asked to see my testosterone (at that time I did not understand much about BW)

My testosterone in that BW gave 248 ng / dl (129-780 ng / dl) very low despite being 24 years old. He was somewhat worried, but at that time he did not know much about it. I went to my family doctor and he said "Relax, you're fine, it's within the parameters". I quite worried, I let it go (although at that time I should have worried more) In March of 2017 I wanted to repeat the analysis, but including the Free Test, e2, tsh, ft3, ft4 and other parameters.

MARCH BW:
    Test: 301 (129-780)
    cortisol: 18.30 (5-25)
    e2: 28.94 (11-526)
    Free Test : 9.8 pg/ml (0.6 - 30)
    t3: 0.9 (0.58-1.5)
    t4: 8.10 (4.5-11)
    ft4: 1.07 (0.7-1.4)
    tsh: 2.18 (0.35-5.5)
    Insulin : 3.97 (1.70-31)

my blood glucose, liver, cholesterol and other biomarkers have always been perfect ...
    again, in this analytical the hormonal profile came out quite low, I went back to my family doctor but seeing that everything was in range, he told me that he was fine.

I decided to repeat the analytic in September.

BW:
    Free test 5.8* (8.8-27)

In this analysis did not come parameters such as total testosterone and many others ... I was already scared, how low it had gone. I decide to go back to my family doctor, exaggerating the symptoms (I do not have an erection, I am depressed, I can not sleep, I do not have libido ...) so that I can be referred to an endo.

Finally, I started treating an endo. My endo to see that the last analytic was incomplete, he wanted to repeat it, adding testo total, ifg1,fsh,lh etc ...

Final BW In other lab (Last november)

fsh : 3.05 (1.4-18)
    lh: 1.82 (1.5-9.3)
    test : 3.19 (1.6-8)
    SHBG ; 48.9 (13-71)
    tsh : 2.24 (0.35-4.94)
    free test : 5.5 (3.4-24)

I also had a spermiogram and it was perfect, I am fertile (thank goodness )

when leaving the analytical bad (low to my age + the simtoms that I present) but the spermiogram well, decides to do a magnetic resonance of my pituitary. In the end I was diagnosed with hypopitation. My stem is something small and the problem they think is there, it is something congenital.
    This Tuesday I want to make a final test. The test consists of a fasting analysis, then they introduce insulin and repeat the analysis, to see values ​​like cortisol, gh and others and see what deficiency of hormones my pituitary generates.
    My endo already told me that the treatment would be with "Reandron / nebido". Since he told me that I have been researching this, since I love the world of bodybuilding and seeing everything that was happening to me was very frustrated since my progress this last year in the gym have been null or worse.

I have read several threads here, that speak wonders about the Nebido. I hope my endo sends me a protocol similar to what many of you have followed here.
    - First shoot and then reinforce at 6 weeks with another, and then every 10-12 weeks depends on my bw.
    I am somewhat worried about how it will be after starting with the TRT (speaking of bodybuilding) I will gain muscle mass? Could I lose weight again?
    Thank you. This Tuesday I will tell you
    It sounds like you have a functional but underdeveloped pituitary gland (Hypopituitarism). However, given that your gonadotropins (LH and FSH) as well as you Total and Free T are within "normal" range, you are one of those borderline cases as to whether or not to treat with TRT.

The upside is that you will probably experience better bodybuilding gains, have better erections, more libido, more energy, and greater mental focus.

The downside is that this is a life-long medication and coming off of it (should you decide to do it) will be difficult if you change you mind. Also, TRT WILL MAKE YOU STERILE unless it is accompanied by regular injections of HCG for as long as you are on TRT. So, if having children is important to you, then you need to think carefully about this decision.

There are no easy answers in your case. Per a previous poster's comment, you may wish to have a full spectrum of pituitary hormone labs run (particularly GH) and also have your IGF-1 levels checked. If you have an under developed anterior pituitary, you may also have low GH levels and that will also impact on your bodybuilding goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    It sounds like you have a functional but underdeveloped pituitary gland (Hypopituitarism). However, given that your gonadotropins (LH and FSH) as well as you Total and Free T are within "normal" range, you are one of those borderline cases as to whether or not to treat with TRT.

The upside is that you will probably experience better bodybuilding gains, have better erections, more libido, more energy, and greater mental focus.

The downside is that this is a life-long medication and coming off of it (should you decide to do it) will be difficult if you change you mind. Also, TRT WILL MAKE YOU STERILE unless it is accompanied by regular injections of HCG for as long as you are on TRT. So, if having children is important to you, then you need to think carefully about this decision.

There are no easy answers in your case. Per a previous poster's comment, you may wish to have a full spectrum of pituitary hormone labs run (particularly GH) and also have your IGF-1 levels checked. If you have an under developed anterior pituitary, you may also have low GH levels and that will also impact on your bodybuilding goals.
    I know. This Tuesday will test the hormone deficiency. the truth is that I am somewhat afraid, apart from the frustration of seeing that my progress are already null and each time I have worse physical point. now become fertile, I guess I will frozen my sperm, I have stable girlfriend but still we have not thought about having children. Thank you

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I know. This Tuesday will test the hormone deficiency. the truth is that I am somewhat afraid, apart from the frustration of seeing that my progress are already null and each time I have worse physical point. now become fertile, I guess I will frozen my sperm, I have stable girlfriend but still we have not thought about having children. Thank you
    Just a heads up. Freezing sperm is very very expensive.

Hello, today I had a visit with my endo, which has asked me for the next test that makes me tomorrow. "PROCRIN TEST (Leuprorelin Acetate = GnRH Analog)"
    I hope that soon they give me solution.

Well, procrin test was fine... My pituitary gland works well, so we discard that. In my last bw, everything went in "range" but low except the free androgenic index.

ACTH : 24,9 (<46)
    CORTISOL: 15,10 (3,7-19)
    GH : 0,54 (<3.00)
    IFG-1 : 98,5 (88-537)
    ADROGENIC INDEX :
    T : 5.25 (1,66-8.11)
    SHBG; 65.5 (13.5-71.4)
    RESULT : 27.81 (28.3-109)
    TSH: 1.67 (0.35-4.94)
    FREE T: 7.57 (3.42-24)

What do u think about last bw?

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Well, procrin test was fine... My pituitary gland works well, so we discard that. In my last bw, everything went in "range" but low except the free androgenic index.

ACTH : 24,9 (<46)
    CORTISOL: 15,10 (3,7-19)
    GH : 0,54 (<3.00)
    IFG-1 : 98,5 (88-537)
    ADROGENIC INDEX :
    T : 5.25 (1,66-8.11)
    SHBG; 65.5 (13.5-71.4)
    RESULT : 27.81 (28.3-109)
    TSH: 1.67 (0.35-4.94)
    FREE T: 7.57 (3.42-24)

What do u think about last bw?
    What are the units for free t and total t mate?

t = ng/ml
    free t = pg/ml

Thread Information