Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: TRT- ED problem

  1. #1
    Soulixar's Avatar
    Soulixar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Istanbul / Turkey
    Posts
    31

    TRT- ED problem

    Hello,

    I m 39 years old. I have been on trt from 7 months. 200mg/wk. 1 week ago started encounter ED problems. I was not be able to use AI for around 5 weeks but now again I got it. My libido is extremely high but somehow can succeed to erect.

    What do you suggest?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    The Deadlifting Dog's Avatar
    The Deadlifting Dog is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,350
    There is a good chance that 200mg/week is more than you need.

    Is this self medicated TRT?

    Do you have any bloodwork from your protocol?

  3. #3
    Closhmo is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    There is a good chance that 200mg/week is more than you need.

    Is this self medicated TRT?

    Do you have any bloodwork from your protocol?
    can too high of e2 cause sexual dysfunctions or is that just when it's too low. i cant imagine too high test being a problem. in a similar situation as op.

  4. #4
    macmathews's Avatar
    macmathews is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    can too high of e2 cause sexual dysfunctions or is that just when it's too low. i cant imagine too high test being a problem. in a similar situation as op.
    Very likely too high Estradiol.
    When I was on TRT my sex drive was sky high and had similar issues..
    Knowing what I know now and if / when I do TRT again.
    I would work on becoming leaner than I was 20-23 % BF.
    I think if I was more like 12-15 % I would have had less Test to E2 conversion.

    Just food for thought

    kyle

  5. #5
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Closhmo View Post
    can too high of e2 cause sexual dysfunctions or is that just when it's too low. i cant imagine too high test being a problem. in a similar situation as op.
    Yes, high E can cause sexual problems similar to Low T. It can also cause gynecomastia issues if other hormones are also out of balance (prolactin and progesterone).

    T is directly converted to E via an aromatase enzyme. AIs (antiesterases) work to inhibit this enzyme. HOWEVER, you should never start an AI unless you have the correct labs to show you have high E, and then use a series of labs to dial in the correct AI dose. Most guys way overdo AIs and end up worse than before with low E issues.

    I agree with the previous poster that your dose of T is probably way too high. most guys can get by on about half of that. High T drives up E and throws off your endocrine system. You want to REPLACE your T, not AUGMENT it. AUGMENTATION is for bodybuilders. If bodybuilding is your goal, then the approach needs to be very different than TRT.

  6. #6
    TRTdrew's Avatar
    TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Yes, high E can cause sexual problems similar to Low T. It can also cause gynecomastia issues if other hormones are also out of balance (prolactin and progesterone).

    T is directly converted to E via an aromatase enzyme. AIs (antiesterases) work to inhibit this enzyme. HOWEVER, you should never start an AI unless you have the correct labs to show you have high E, and then use a series of labs to dial in the correct AI dose. Most guys way overdo AIs and end up worse than before with low E issues.

    I agree with the previous poster that your dose of T is probably way too high. most guys can get by on about half of that. High T drives up E and throws off your endocrine system. You want to REPLACE your T, not AUGMENT it. AUGMENTATION is for bodybuilders. If bodybuilding is your goal, then the approach needs to be very different than TRT.
    Yeah. He said it best.

    My doc has me on 140 per week. In the first meeting he warned me that any more could cause estrogen issues and ED issues amongst other things.

  7. #7
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    China Town
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Maybe KelKel will jump on this thread but get some Cialis. It helps with more than just ED issues but testosterone -estrogen ratio levels. He has the studies that I sent to my doctor and my insurance did approve "some of it" but that shit is expensice at the pharmacy if no insurance coverage. My doctor listed reason as test/estrogen ration and BPH treatment at 5mg a day.

    200 mg a week is really high for your age for TRT. Do you have your bloodwork? When I was in my 30's I started on TRT and it was like 50 mg per week and over the years we have gone up. I am RX for 200 mg per week but I know I am written on the high side due to crashing my levels before my lab work. You doctor can also write you for an AI and HCG as well.

  8. #8
    bizzarro's Avatar
    bizzarro is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gyno pls go
    Posts
    3,443
    I'd agree that some cialis can be of help if needed yet I would advise not use it to "mask" underlying unbalances with hormones, be it E2 or anything, including thyroid.

    I need 10mg daily to barely function...

  9. #9
    bizzarro's Avatar
    bizzarro is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gyno pls go
    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Maybe KelKel will jump on this thread but get some Cialis. It helps with more than just ED issues but testosterone -estrogen ratio levels. He has the studies that I sent to my doctor and my insurance did approve "some of it" but that shit is expensice at the pharmacy if no insurance coverage. My doctor listed reason as test/estrogen ration and BPH treatment at 5mg a day.

    200 mg a week is really high for your age for TRT. Do you have your bloodwork? When I was in my 30's I started on TRT and it was like 50 mg per week and over the years we have gone up. I am RX for 200 mg per week but I know I am written on the high side due to crashing my levels before my lab work. You doctor can also write you for an AI and HCG as well.
    Hey, generic cialis just hit the market in my country (Italy), but still, one 20mg pill scores as pricey as $10. Branded is double that.

  10. #10
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Hey, generic cialis just hit the market in my country (Italy), but still, one 20mg pill scores as pricey as $10. Branded is double that.
    Both of your posts are worth reiterating. Yes, tadalifil (generic Cialis) can help a lot, BUT you are absolutely correct in that it does not treat underlying causes, just the symptoms. Hence, it can mask the symptoms for a while, but you need to drill down to the root of the problem and treat it first. Cialis may also be helpful for BPH if that is also an issue. There again, it may only be masking symptoms (high DHT and High E) if the symptoms are being drivin by excessively high T dosing.

    Regarding generic Cialis, it is not available in the USA yet. HOWEVER, it can be readily obtained for a very inexpensive price through most "alternative" sources that import from certain European countries where it is less regulated. And, yes, it works just as well as the branded stuff at a fraction of the price.

  11. #11
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    China Town
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Both of your posts are worth reiterating. Yes, tadalifil (generic Cialis) can help a lot, BUT you are absolutely correct in that it does not treat underlying causes, just the symptoms. Hence, it can mask the symptoms for a while, but you need to drill down to the root of the problem and treat it first. Cialis may also be helpful for BPH if that is also an issue. There again, it may only be masking symptoms (high DHT and High E) if the symptoms are being drivin by excessively high T dosing.

    Regarding generic Cialis, it is not available in the USA yet. HOWEVER, it can be readily obtained for a very inexpensive price through most "alternative" sources that import from certain European countries where it is less regulated. And, yes, it works just as well as the branded stuff at a fraction of the price.
    He is not taking an AI along with a pretty high dose of test for TRT. It is the estrogen that is causing the ED, IMHO. Without blood work cannot say for sure. As I stated. Cialis helps with the ratio of test to estrogen which could help until he gets an AI. No issues were there until no AI for 5 weeks. That is the underlying cause, again, IMHO

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    TRTdrew's Avatar
    TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    188
    Is Cialis better than viagra?

  13. #13
    bizzarro's Avatar
    bizzarro is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gyno pls go
    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by TRTdrew View Post
    Is Cialis better than viagra?
    Cialis has much longer half life compared to viagra, one daily dose and you are good to go, but you can always stack a shorter acting pde5 inhibitor if needed.

    Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    China Town
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Viagra gives me a bad headache. Cialis also has more benefits like estrogen ratios and keeps the nitric oxide in your system longer

  15. #15
    bizzarro's Avatar
    bizzarro is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gyno pls go
    Posts
    3,443
    Quote Originally Posted by David LoPan View Post
    Viagra gives me a bad headache. Cialis also has more benefits like estrogen ratios and keeps the nitric oxide in your system longer
    I get a mighty migraine from that too... have you ever tried levitra?

    Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    David LoPan's Avatar
    David LoPan is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    China Town
    Posts
    2,262
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    I get a mighty migraine from that too... have you ever tried levitra?

    Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
    I have not tried that one. Doctor didn't not sample that one to me when it came out.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by TRTdrew View Post
    Is Cialis better than viagra?
    It's a matter of personal choice and tolerability of side-effects. Personally, I will never take Viagra (Sildenafil) again. I got a drawer full of samples that I'd like to give away to a deserving guy. I get one of the rare side-effects that is down right scary but eventually goes away. When I take Sildenafil, my eyes become very sensitive to light and everything takes on a blue hue. After about 2 hours it begins to fade, but it scared the #$%^ out of me.

    I do not get headaches from Cialis (tadalafil) like some others complain of. I do get a slight stuffy nose, but other than that it's pretty much side-effect free for me. I also like the fact that it has much longer activity in the body and that it helps with BPH. For that reason, I take 2.5 mg daily and then bump it up to 5 mg daily over weekends and vacations.

  18. #18
    Soulixar's Avatar
    Soulixar is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Istanbul / Turkey
    Posts
    31
    Thank you all for your constructive and helpful comments. Since I started to use AI the situation and symptoms slightly got better but yet my erection is not on point at the time being. I would like to kindly ask about how AI dosage should be? 0.25 EOD is acceptable for my situation? Or I should follow something completely different?

    as a footnote; until the moment I got AI used to feel irritation on my urination frequency guess high estrogen caused that but as of now it is almost completely gone and feeling much better in this regard.

    and I will pull down my T dosage to 140-150. This is what I have deducted from your inputs.

    Thanks.

  19. #19
    Slacker78's Avatar
    Slacker78 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Italy, Messina
    Posts
    550
    Hi mate, it's highly likely this is an T/E imbalance, which it's well known affect erection. Blood work is the key, do it and check where you are.

    Another question: are you doing HCG also ? HCG could raise up your estrogens level.

    In every case, T/E ratio is the key for a strong erection.

  20. #20
    goalinmind's Avatar
    goalinmind is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    335
    Cialis and HCG helped me out, used to have similar issues when on gear and the HCG really brought everything back to life

    My E2 may also have been out of wack at that time since I didn't run ai, who knows..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •