Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: testosterone cypionate questions

Jay-P79 is offline New Member

testosterone cypionate questions

Hi guys, im a fairly new body builder and im preparing to take the next step and im looking for some outside opinions. Im 38 years old and a very active guy, 6'-2" tall and 220 pounds, i eat clean and follow a strict diet plan . My current body fat is about 20%, id like to get in the 10-12% range and maintain that. Im not going on stage, i just want to look good on the boat and my 20 year class reunion is coming up in august so Hey I wanna look good lol. I work out 4-5 times a week with a trainer. He sent me to get a physical and blood work, my total testosterone was 445 (250-100 range) and the free testosterone was 78.8 (35.0-155.0 range ).
    My trainer suggested i take testosterone cypionate injections to help in reaching my goals. Is this good advice ?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay-P79 View Post
    Hi guys, im a fairly new body builder and im preparing to take the next step and im looking for some outside opinions. Im 38 years old and a very active guy, 6'-2" tall and 220 pounds, i eat clean and follow a strict diet plan . My current body fat is about 20%, id like to get in the 10-12% range and maintain that. Im not going on stage, i just want to look good on the boat and my 20 year class reunion is coming up in august so Hey I wanna look good lol. I work out 4-5 times a week with a trainer. He sent me to get a physical and blood work, my total testosterone was 445 (250-100 range) and the free testosterone was 78.8 (35.0-155.0 range ).
    My trainer suggested i take testosterone cypionate injections to help in reaching my goals. Is this good advice ?
    My gut reaction is that TRT is not something you can easily turn on and off. You have to understand that it will completely shut down your normal production and you are going to feel like $%^! during withdrawal and more than likely lose all your gains. Also, I would never do this without all the proper labs to guide you, both during and after use. A sound PCT plan is strongly advisable. Think and plan the whole thing through. Generally, I don't give advice to non-medical uses of T, but I do understand your desire to "look good". Best wished in your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    My gut reaction is that TRT is not something you can easily turn on and off. You have to understand that it will completely shut down your normal production and you are going to feel like $%^! during withdrawal and more than likely lose all your gains. Also, I would never do this without all the proper labs to guide you, both during and after use. A sound PCT plan is strongly advisable. Think and plan the whole thing through. Generally, I don't give advice to non-medical uses of T, but I do understand your desire to "look good". Best wished in your endeavor.
    What is a PCT plan?

i do see the common theme about T is that its not an easy on and then off solution. Any suggestions as to another route to reaching my goals ?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What is a PCT plan?
    Oh boy...heh. Read this.

https://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...rst-cycle.html
    Jay-P79 likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    i do see the common theme about T is that its not an easy on and then off solution. Any suggestions as to another route to reaching my goals ?
    Diet diet diet. If your trainer can’t get you down to 12-15% with the right diet plan and no aas then you might need to spend your money more wisely.

Feel free to post your diet plan in the diet section. The reality is that it doesn’t matter how ‘clean’ you eat, if you eat too much you won’t lose weight.
    Jay-P79 likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Your T levels are normal so you are not a candidate for TRT. However, you can always run a cycle. 20% bf is little too high to run a Test cycle. You have 7 months to get ripped for your 20th reunion. Take the next 3 months and really dial in your diet and training. You should be able to get down into the low teen's by that time. Then run a 12 week Test Cyp cycle at 300mg/wk to 350mg/wk. Normally, guys will run 500mg/wk but some guys have bad acne on their first cycle. Doing a lower dose Test cycle you'll reduce the chance of bad acne side effect. If you maintain a clean diet and good exercise program you will still make good gains. You're really going to want to take your shirt off to show off those new muscles. It would be terrible if your skin was covered in acne. Be sure to read the stickie mentioned above for your PCT.
    Jay-P79 likes this.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    What is a PCT plan?
    PCT = Post Cycle Therapy . When guys use T (as well as other synthetic steroids ) it completely shuts down hypothalamic/pituitary production of GnRH, FSH, and LH. Your testicles will shrink in size to a prepuberal state unless you concomitantly use HCG . When the cycle is over, there is a regime you go through call PCT to get the hypothalamus/pituitary working again (akin to restarting your computer). Also, keep in mind that high levels of T has a cascade effect on numerous other hormones. It can takes many months to get back to where you were before mucking with your system. Some guys never come back and go on long term TRT. I'm not preaching or passing judgement, just saying that you should do your research before heading down this path.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 02-09-2018 at 06:03 PM.
    Jay-P79 likes this.

Guys thank you all for the input. I’ll post my diet as suggested and I will continue to read up on everyone’s suggestions and comments. Again thank you all

Thread Information