lattin1 is offline New Member

5th week of TRT, sore as shit.

I've been lifting for a couple years (8 years religiously in my 20's and a year and a half currently, I'm 36 fyi) and I started TRT 5 weeks ago. I've always lifted natural with the exception of a couple weeks in my 20's when I made the mistake of taking a cycle of superdrol. In other words, when it comes to steroids or test I don't really know shit. My question is this. The last 2 weeks or so I've been getting sore as shit after working out which is kind of strange. In my experience the only time you get muscle soreness is the first couple weeks in the gym after you haven't been in awhile. Is this typical with test? Not concerned so much as curious.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I generally get a decent amount of DOMS from every lifting session. Perhaps your TRT is giving extra energy/incentive to push harder?
    When will your Dr. be pulling labs (E2, total/freeT, etc)? You'll often find that your liver enzymes (ALT and AST) and BUN will be elevated after heavy exercise, particularly if you aren't hydrating adequately.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lattin1 is offline New Member
    I wouldn't say I've been pushing harder or giving extra energy since I started TRT. I mean I've noticed an uptick in my gains but I wouldn't say I've been putting forth more effort necessarilly . Generally speaking I never get DOMS unless I've taken a couple weeks off. They pulled blood this morning, I have an appointment on tuesday to go over the results with the doc. Guess I'll wait till I get the results

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lattin1 View Post
    I wouldn't say I've been pushing harder or giving extra energy since I started TRT. I mean I've noticed an uptick in my gains but I wouldn't say I've been putting forth more effort necessarilly . Generally speaking I never get DOMS unless I've taken a couple weeks off. They pulled blood this morning, I have an appointment on tuesday to go over the results with the doc. Guess I'll wait till I get the results
    Do you track your training volume, weights, etc.?

DarthFlex is offline Junior Member
    Your E2 might be spiked.
    Get a bloodntest.
    Hows your nutrition?
    Water intake?
    VitC and B.and Iron and magnesium supplementation?

Thread Information