Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    389
    Nah man not that I can think of.
    Gonna have to wait it out. I doubt it though.You'll be fine in that times span.

  2. #42
    bkb333 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    22
    Wanted to post an update...I saw a local endo yesterday, and he seemed completely befuddled by my situation. He threw a number of ideas out there (including partial androgen insensitivity and Klinefelter syndrome), but he didn't seem convinced about any of them -- because I have normal breast tissue, plenty of body hair, and normal penis/testicle size. He ordered the following tests:

    Dihydrotestosterone
    FSH
    LH
    Androstenedione
    Estradiol
    AMH
    Inhibin B
    DHEA-S
    ACTH
    Cortisol
    Cytogenetics
    Semen analysis

    Hoping it's nothing too serious...I'm a little bugged out by the semen analysis. Of course, he didn't seem worried at all about my free testosterone ...

  3. #43
    Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb333 View Post
    Wanted to post an update...I saw a local endo yesterday, and he seemed completely befuddled by my situation. He threw a number of ideas out there (including partial androgen insensitivity and Klinefelter syndrome), but he didn't seem convinced about any of them -- because I have normal breast tissue, plenty of body hair, and normal penis/testicle size. He ordered the following tests:

    Dihydrotestosterone
    FSH
    LH
    Androstenedione
    Estradiol
    AMH
    Inhibin B
    DHEA-S
    ACTH
    Cortisol
    Cytogenetics
    Semen analysis

    Hoping it's nothing too serious...I'm a little bugged out by the semen analysis. Of course, he didn't seem worried at all about my free testosterone...
    Sounds like a good place to start. Look for the root cause and rule out the bad stuff.

    Reminds me of my recent liver issue. We spent thousands of dollars of my insurance money to run every imaginable liver test and lab, only to find out it was my use of OTC naproxen that was affecting the labs. At least I know I'm not going to die of any exotic liver diseases anytime soon!

  4. #44
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    389
    Still following.
    Also,are you any meds?

  5. #45
    bkb333 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    Still following.
    Also,are you any meds?
    Thanks for following. I'm not on any meds and never have been. So far, I've gotten three test results back. I'll post the rest when I receive them. Here's what I've got so far:

    CORTISOL AM -- 13.6 ug/dL (Ref: 6.2 - 19.4 ug/dL)
    LH -- 3.3 IU/L (Ref: 1.7 - 8.6 IU/L)
    FSH -- 3.3 IU/L (Ref: 1.5 - 12.5 IU/L)

    Anything stand out? LH and FSH are a little low...hoping that doesn't mean I'll have a hard time reproducing. I was surprised by how high cortisol was.

  6. #46
    bkb333 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    22
    Received more results...my interpretation -- nothing all that surprising besides the dramatic difference in DHEA-S from the first test, and I should be able to reproduce. Agree?

    ACTH -- 8.8 pg/mL (Ref: 7.2 - 63 pg/mL)
    DHEAS -- 215 mcg/dL (Ref: 105 - 728 mcg/dL)
    INHIBN B, INFERTILITY -- 377 pg/mL (Ref: <399 pg/mL)
    ANTI MULLERIAN HORM -- 10 ng/mL (Ref: 0.7 - 19 ng/mL)
    ANDROSTENEDIONE -- 115 ng/dL (Ref: 40 - 150 ng/dL)
    DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE -- 1130 pg/mL (Ref: 112 - 955 pg/mL)
    SPERM AGGLUTINATION isolated: less than 10 spermatozoa per agglutinate, many free spermatozoa
    SEMEN VISCOSITY -- NORMAL
    SEMEN PH -- 8.0
    SPERM CONCENTRATION -- 180.0 MILLION/ML (Ref: 15.0 - 999.0 MILLION/ML)
    SPERM MOTILITY -- 55 % (Ref: 50 - 100 %)
    QUALITY MOTILE -- EXCELLENT FORWARD PROGRESSION
    SPERM MORPHOLOGY -- 16 (Ref: greater than or equal to 4%)
    SEMEN VOLUME -- 2.5 mL -- (Ref: 2 - 6 mL)
    Last edited by bkb333; 06-02-2018 at 05:43 PM.

  7. #47
    bkb333 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    22
    I had my consultation with Defy. Here's what they are prescribing:

    900 IU hCG per week + Anastrozole

    They said if that doesn't work after 3-6 months, they'll add Danazol. If that doesn't work, they'll add T. They're hesitant to add T because they don't want to shut down my natural production and harm fertility.

    I trust their take, but I do have to admit, I'm a bit surprised T wasn't prescribed.

    What do you think?

  8. #48
    Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb333 View Post
    I had my consultation with Defy. Here's what they are prescribing:

    900 IU hCG per week + Anastrozole

    They said if that doesn't work after 3-6 months, they'll add Danazol. If that doesn't work, they'll add T. They're hesitant to add T because they don't want to shut down my natural production and harm fertility.

    I trust their take, but I do have to admit, I'm a bit surprised T wasn't prescribed.

    What do you think?
    I hope you have success, but it's not the path I would choose. My gut feeling is that with your SHBG levels, pretty much any protocol will result in treatment failure. I would focus on getting the SHBG down to a reasonable level and then layering in some sort of TRT to bring Free T levels into the normal range.

    I probably would have pushed for the Danazol at about 20 mg per day first. Follow up with labs in 4 weeks to understand SHBG response and your new Total/Free T levels (the SHBG response is pretty fast). Then layer in 1000 IU/week HCG for 6 weeks. Repeat the labs. Then layer in T at a dose to bring Free T into range and/or adjust Danazol.

    Is your insurance covering this? Danazol is pretty expensive. If I remember correctly about the same as Anavar . So Anavar might be another alternative in the USA. I've not researched Danazol enough to understand it's impact on liver labs. You might want to do that research and insist on liver labs.

    For me, since I am treating my high SHBG on my own, I'll stick with Winstrol , as it's so much more effective at very low doses that do not affect my liver labs much.

  9. #49
    wellshii is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb333 View Post
    Received more results...my interpretation -- nothing all that surprising besides the dramatic difference in DHEA-S from the first test, and I should be able to reproduce. Agree?

    ACTH -- 8.8 pg/mL (Ref: 7.2 - 63 pg/mL)
    DHEAS -- 215 mcg/dL (Ref: 105 - 728 mcg/dL)
    INHIBN B, INFERTILITY -- 377 pg/mL (Ref: <399 pg/mL)
    ANTI MULLERIAN HORM -- 10 ng/mL (Ref: 0.7 - 19 ng/mL)
    ANDROSTENEDIONE -- 115 ng/dL (Ref: 40 - 150 ng/dL)
    DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE -- 1130 pg/mL (Ref: 112 - 955 pg/mL)
    SPERM AGGLUTINATION isolated: less than 10 spermatozoa per agglutinate, many free spermatozoa
    SEMEN VISCOSITY -- NORMAL
    SEMEN PH -- 8.0
    SPERM CONCENTRATION -- 180.0 MILLION/ML (Ref: 15.0 - 999.0 MILLION/ML)
    SPERM MOTILITY -- 55 % (Ref: 50 - 100 %)
    QUALITY MOTILE -- EXCELLENT FORWARD PROGRESSION
    SPERM MORPHOLOGY -- 16 (Ref: greater than or equal to 4%)
    SEMEN VOLUME -- 2.5 mL -- (Ref: 2 - 6 mL)
    Crazy how it went down that much. Varies I guess.
    At least they are working with you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •