• 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Testosterone should be discarded after 28 days?

clarkster is offline Junior Member

Testosterone should be discarded after 28 days?

This is a new one on me and wanted to see if it's legit or not. I was getting my Testosterone Cyp filled at Costco in the 10ml bottle (for years) and suddenly they switched to the 1ml bottle saying that once it's been punctured the bottle then only has a shelf life of 28 days. I never noticed a drop in levels when I was using the 10ml bottle and find the 1ml much less efficient but wanted to see if anyone has heard anything on this.

I just called another Costco and they said it was about contamination?
    Last edited by clarkster; 12-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post
    This is a new one on me and wanted to see if it's legit or not. I was getting my Testosterone Cyp filled at Costco in the 10ml bottle (for years) and suddenly they switched to the 1ml bottle saying that once it's been punctured the bottle then only has a shelf life of 28 days. I never noticed a drop in levels when I was using the 10ml bottle and find the 1ml much less efficient but wanted to see if anyone has heard anything on this.

They are full of shit.
    It keeps for years if stored right
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

clarkster is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! I was thinking the same, but thought maybe I might've missed something.
    Obs likes this.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    They have really been pushing the 1ml vials, because they claim the 10ml are a multiuse vial w/ risk of contamination, but I wave the BS flag.
    Most Drs. offices have 10ml vials of 100mg/ml and 200mg/ml vials for horomone treatment ( the 100mg/ml is used for females) and I know the 10ml vials of 100mg/ml test sits for more than a month occasionally.
    Also, unless you're scripted 200mg/week, the 1ml vial by definition become a multiuse vial.
    Obs and BuzzardMarinePumper like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Send it to me, i have a disposal unit
    EDCG19 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't sound like an issue..

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkster View Post

Of course there's risk of contamination with any reusable injection product if you don't handle it properly. I would definitely advise not handling the bottle after you've wiped your butt without first washing your hands! Other than that common sense precautions will lower risk to near zero. I've been using 10 mL bottles for 7 years with E3D injections (about 850 total injections) without any injection site infection. Same goes for my HCG , which carries an even higher risk, as it is an aqueous-based injection (about 850 injections). Both products have a preservative to minimize the risk of infection.

Beyond depending on the preservatives, here are precautions that I take:

1) Wash my hands before I handle the materials.
    2) Sanitize my hands with a pump or two from a big bottle of Purell that I keep on my desk.
    3) Sanitize the entire area of the injection site by wiping another pump of Purell.
    4) Sanitize the top of the injection vial before inserting the needle.
    5) Clean the specific area to inject with a disposable single-use alcohol wipe. This also removes any residue left behind by the gel ingredients in Purell.
    6) Cover the injection site with the alcohol wipe with slight pressure for about 10 seconds after withdrawing the needle. This also helps to minimize bruising and bleeding.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 12-14-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    clarkster likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Of course there's risk of contamination with any reusable injection product if you don't handle it properly. I would definitely advise not handling the bottle after you've wiped your butt without first washing your hands! Other than that common sense precautions will lower risk to near zero. I've been using 10 mL bottles for 7 years with E3D injections (about 850 total injections) without any injection site infection. Same goes for my HCG , which carries an even higher risk, as it is an aqueous-based injection (about 850 injections). Both products have a preservative to minimize the risk of infection.

Beyond depending on the preservatives, here are precautions that I take:

1) Wash my hands before I handle the materials.
    2) Sanitize my hands with a pump or two from a big bottle of Purell that I keep on my desk.
    3) Sanitize the entire area of the injection site by wiping another pump of Purell.
    4) Sanitize the top of the injection vial before inserting the needle.
    5) Clean the specific area to inject with a disposable single-use alcohol wipe. This also removes any residue left behind by the gel ingredients in Purell.
    6) Cover the injection site with the alcohol wipe with slight pressure for about 10 seconds after withdrawing the needle. This also helps to minimize bruising and bleeding.
    What about preloading syringes? Say you have 10-12 weeks to run somersetting so you follow the same sterile method as mentioned but you have all the syringes preloaded since the beginning? Not a good idea or it shouldn't be an issue? I dont draw on a weekly basis just have everything ready for 10-12 weeks at a time
    Obs likes this.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    What about preloading syringes? Say you have 10-12 weeks to run somersetting so you follow the same sterile method as mentioned but you have all the syringes preloaded since the beginning? Not a good idea or it shouldn't be an issue? I dont draw on a weekly basis just have everything ready for 10-12 weeks at a time
    I preload syringes, but just for 2 weeks. Some say it's a bit unsafe coz the gear can chew on the plastic/rubber end of the plunger, but it's probably not a huge issue. But maybe I'd start to worry if I stored them for 10-12 weeks, dunno.

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    By the way guys, if you didn't know, due to some regulation you can only get pharma grade test in amps in the EU. They say vials are unsafe - but cutting yourself with the amp or getting tiny pieces of glass into the amp is perfectly fine! Thanks gov for making my life harder in the 16457th way lol.

Obs
    I used to preload three weeks at a time. I was using high quality gear though. Highest quality.

The only issue is some say that too high of a benzyl alc content in the gear can cause the plunger to erode. For this reason I never went over three weeks.

I never had issue though.
    I had once posted a link about the proper way of storing preloaded syringes via doctor recommendations. Doctors are not chemical engineers though. I think its hilarious when I hear someone say something like, "The doctors said if I had been wearing a helmet it would have broke my neck" etc.

Wow! A doctor, physicist, bio engineer, architect, that finally has a grasp on kinetic energy!

Just be sure you store upright and dont get black slag at the plunger imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    I preload syringes, but just for 2 weeks. Some say it's a bit unsafe coz the gear can chew on the plastic/rubber end of the plunger, but it's probably not a huge issue. But maybe I'd start to worry if I stored them for 10-12 weeks, dunno.
    I have to preload them because I don't want to draw every week and waste time. I'm not sure how it would be unsafe if there is a plunger issue I would just discard it and get rid of it with no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I used to preload three weeks at a time. I was using high quality gear though. Highest quality.

The only issue is some say that too high of a benzyl alc content in the gear can cause the plunger to erode. For this reason I never went over three weeks.

I never had issue though.
    I had once posted a link about the proper way of storing preloaded syringes via doctor recommendations. Doctors are not chemical engineers though. I think its hilarious when I hear someone say something like, "The doctors said if I had been wearing a helmet it would have broke my neck" etc.

Wow! A doctor, physicist, bio engineer, architect, that finally has a grasp on kinetic energy!

Just be sure you store upright and dont get black slag at the plunger imo.
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean, why would storing them upright be necessary? I just have 10-12 weeks worth of syringes just laying on their side in a case. What do you mean upright?

"I had once posted a link about the proper way of storing preloaded syringes via doctor recommendations"
    Do you have the link somewhere? I just preload them for a few months at a time and I haven't seen issues with storage, clarity, or the plunger issue i've heard about maybe 3 times now and i've been running gear for two years almost

Obs
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean, why would storing them upright be necessary? I just have 10-12 weeks worth of syringes just laying on their side in a case. What do you mean upright?

"I had once posted a link about the proper way of storing preloaded syringes via doctor recommendations"
    Do you have the link somewhere? I just preload them for a few months at a time and I haven't seen issues with storage, clarity, or the plunger issue i've heard about maybe 3 times now and i've been running gear for two years almost
    It is recommended so the fluid does not seep out.

I dont have a link but it can be googled.
    I thought you were asking about preloading them...

If you have no issues then no need to change anything.

Obs

Obs
    Fred40 likes this.

Obs
    Obs says do what works and is most effective/suitable to increase your quality of life.
    Family_guy and Fred40 like this.

Obs
    Fuck I like obs.

He doesnt give two shits about governments or medical studies.

Fucker just does what works.
    Family_guy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    It is recommended so the fluid does not seep out.

I dont have a link but it can be googled.
    I thought you were asking about preloading them...

If you have no issues then no need to change anything.
    Ok, I see
    I'll stick to preloading them for a few months than, Its simple that way rather than loading 2 syringes a week
    Obs likes this.

I've never pre-loaded that far in advance, but I don't think there will be a huge issue. I have pre-loaded individual syringes for up to 2 weeks of travel with no ill effects. Again common sense precautions need to be applied. One interesting caveat is that I have noticed that if the disinfectant hasn't completely died on your hands before handling the syringe, it can blur the printed ink on the side of the syringe.
    EDCG19 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    By the way guys, if you didn't know, due to some regulation you can only get pharma grade test in amps in the EU. They say vials are unsafe - but cutting yourself with the amp or getting tiny pieces of glass into the amp is perfectly fine! Thanks gov for making my life harder in the 16457th way lol.
    Agree that amps are much less safe than vials. Not only do you have the possibility of cutting yourself (I have with HCG amps in the past), you also need to draw up the fluid from an open vial. Chances of contamination during the process is much greater in my opinion. Also, they assume a 1-dose per amp usage of the drug. For the most part, they are using outdated protocols of weekly or every 2 week injections of large doses. This causes us to pull up the fluid in and remove the inevitable air bubbles in an unsanitary way and then store and use the same syringe/needle for a second or third injection. Again, increasing the risk of contamination with needle reuse.

Thread Information