Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By balance

Thread: Blood results back - need to modify TRT or diet

  1. #1
    Test Monsterone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    290

    Blood results back - need to modify TRT or diet

    Blood results are back, and as you can see below, my triglycerides are high, my total and free testosterone are high, as is estrogen. IGF was high before I started steroids /trt, and now it's even higher.

    Things I think are negatively affecting my triglycerides and estradiol: I have not worked out since Nov 26 (when I got the flu). Decided to take off a month from lifting and now it's turned into a month and a half. My diet has been garbage, I probably put on 5 lbs of fat. And my diet on the days before the test was especially terrible. Nothing but sweets, carbs, fats, etc.

    So my plan going forward is to start cardio 3x a week (30 min), get back in a lifting routine (3-4x / week), and lower my glucose. I hope that lowering my body fat % will also lead to lower estrogen. It seems really way too high compared to my total testosterone. I'm doing 150-170 mg/week split in two... no HCG . Just started HCG yesterday again (500 units a week) so maybe I should lower the TRT dose to 100mg/week. Wonder if I should start taking Arimidex with these levels until I get my bf down and my diet in check? Thoughts, suggestions?


    Blood results back - need to modify TRT or diet-screen-shot-2019-01-14-12.43.14-pm.png
    Blood results back - need to modify TRT or diet-screen-shot-2019-01-14-12.44.09-pm.png
    Blood results back - need to modify TRT or diet-screen-shot-2019-01-14-12.44.19-pm.png

  2. #2
    balance is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    161
    Was this a fasted panel. Considering the triglyceride values doesn’t look like it. If it was fasted how many hours? As far as arimidex adding that will make your overall lipid values worse. How are you feeling with the elevated e2? If you are feeling fine I wouldn’t mess with an ai. Especially if you plan to lower the trt dose, as that alone will bring your test values and e2 values down. Also the fact you just added hcg to the mix is yet another variable. I know for me adding hcg at 400 iu twice weekly brought my total test up about 300 points so lowering your test is likely needed if your shooting for top end of normal range trt. You may want to post up in trt forum as this is more online with your questions likely.

    Didn’t you also recently finish a cycle? If so this to may be contributing to some value fluctuations.
    Test Monsterone likes this.

  3. #3
    Test Monsterone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Was this a fasted panel. Considering the triglyceride values doesn’t look like it. If it was fasted how many hours? As far as arimidex adding that will make your overall lipid values worse. How are you feeling with the elevated e2? If you are feeling fine I wouldn’t mess with an ai. Especially if you plan to lower the trt dose, as that alone will bring your test values and e2 values down. Also the fact you just added hcg to the mix is yet another variable. I know for me adding hcg at 400 iu twice weekly brought my total test up about 300 points so lowering your test is likely needed if your shooting for top end of normal range trt. You may want to post up in trt forum as this is more online with your questions likely.

    Didn’t you also recently finish a cycle? If so this to may be contributing to some value fluctuations.

    This was on a 12 hour fast. I finished my cycle on Nov 26, and have been on the TRT dose since, so almost 1.5 months. Thanks for giving me that HCG stat - my dosing isn't as high as yours, but I'll have to lower the TRT dose regardless.

    It's hard to say how I feel with the elevated estrogen... because I felt a lot of the same things before beginning everything. I've always been a little moody at times, so it's no different now than before. My fingers and hands feel a little stiff sometimes and puffy. Not sure if that's a direct effect of the estrogen, or just in my head. I've read that HCG indirectly results in better lipid values because the testes use cholesterol to produce testosterone . Maybe the HCG will help indirectly? Been off HCG for the entire 1.5 months as well - balls have shrunk about 40% since.

    Thanks for your tips!

  4. #4
    Test Monsterone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    290

    Blood results - need to modify TRT/diet

    Blood results are back, and as you can see below, my triglycerides are high, my total and free testosterone are high, as is estrogen. IGF was high before I started steroids /trt, and now it's even higher.

    Things I think are negatively affecting my triglycerides and estradiol: I have not worked out since Nov 26 (when I got the flu). Decided to take off a month from lifting and now it's turned into a month and a half. My diet has been garbage, I probably put on 5 lbs of fat. And my diet on the days before the test was especially terrible. Nothing but sweets, carbs, fats, etc.

    So my plan going forward is to start cardio 3x a week (30 min), get back in a lifting routine (3-4x / week), and lower my glucose. I hope that lowering my body fat % will also lead to lower estrogen. It seems really way too high compared to my total testosterone. I'm doing 150-170 mg/week split in two... no HCG . Just started HCG yesterday again (500 units a week) so maybe I should lower the TRT dose to 100mg/week. Wonder if I should start taking Arimidex with these levels until I get my bf down and my diet in check? Thoughts, suggestions?


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 12.43.14 PM.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	175501
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 12.44.09 PM.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	175502
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 12.44.19 PM.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	81.7 KB 
ID:	175503

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Was this a fasted panel. Considering the triglyceride values doesn’t look like it. If it was fasted how many hours? As far as arimidex adding that will make your overall lipid values worse. How are you feeling with the elevated e2? If you are feeling fine I wouldn’t mess with an ai. Especially if you plan to lower the trt dose, as that alone will bring your test values and e2 values down. Also the fact you just added hcg to the mix is yet another variable. I know for me adding hcg at 400 iu twice weekly brought my total test up about 300 points so lowering your test is likely needed if your shooting for top end of normal range trt. You may want to post up in trt forum as this is more online with your questions likely.

    Didn’t you also recently finish a cycle? If so this to may be contributing to some value fluctuations.

    Excellent advice above.

    What supplements are you currently taking to help?
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    Test Monsterone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Excellent advice above.

    What supplements are you currently taking to help?
    The only one I really took consistently is fish oil twice a day with meals (at the maximum recommended dose on bottle). It's the Vitamin Shoppe brand. I really don't think it does anything to be honest. Something like BCAAs or Arginine.

    Not taking anything else consistently.

  7. #7
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,981
    Consider a supplement for your liver. A sugary diet leads to fatty liver. Injectible glutathione preferably but NAC otherwise.

  8. #8
    Test Monsterone is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    Consider a supplement for your liver. A sugary diet leads to fatty liver. Injectible glutathione preferably but NAC otherwise.
    Even if my liver enzymes came back perfect?

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    The only one I really took consistently is fish oil twice a day with meals (at the maximum recommended dose on bottle). It's the Vitamin Shoppe brand. I really don't think it does anything to be honest. Something like BCAAs or Arginine.

    Not taking anything else consistently.

    Up it to about 2 grams per day combined of epa/dha you'll see better results.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    891
    Just to echo some of the advice already given.

    1) Yes. assuming your goal is TRT, lowering your dose is a good idea. This will help to bring your E2 in line. I'd consider 50 or 60 mg split twice a week. That should get you close to the normal range. Run that for at least 4 weeks and then retest for T and E2. I'd also be concerned with your hemoglobin at that level. It's just not sustainable in my experience without pushing hemoglobin too high.

    2) Regarding cleaning up your diet, sound advice for all of us. I'm a believer in fish oil too.

  11. #11
    cylon357's Avatar
    cylon357 is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    63
    Regarding cholesterol, the only experience I have to fix it are three steps: diet, diet and finally diet. The docs tell me that sometimes if you had a fairly recent (like a day or so) high cholesterol meal (bacon wrapped bacon cheeseburger, anybody?), it can skew your numbers for a couple of days. I've either been blessed with good cholesterol or my dietary indulgences are more in the realms of sweets, that will kill me in a different way.

    One of the only supplements my doc recommends is fish oil. He suggested doubling it (from 1000mg to 2000mg per day), so I did that. Probably like most other folks here, I'm taking a bunch of other supps. He is kind of like 'well, as long as you take the fish oil and the multi-vitamin, ok'.

    That's just my 2 cents (and you probably overpaid at that)

  12. #12
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,000
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Regarding cholesterol, the only experience I have to fix it are three steps: diet, diet and finally diet. The docs tell me that sometimes if you had a fairly recent (like a day or so) high cholesterol meal (bacon wrapped bacon cheeseburger, anybody?), it can skew your numbers for a couple of days. I've either been blessed with good cholesterol or my dietary indulgences are more in the realms of sweets, that will kill me in a different way.

    One of the only supplements my doc recommends is fish oil. He suggested doubling it (from 1000mg to 2000mg per day), so I did that. Probably like most other folks here, I'm taking a bunch of other supps. He is kind of like 'well, as long as you take the fish oil and the multi-vitamin, ok'.

    That's just my 2 cents (and you probably overpaid at that)
    https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...xperiment.html
    1. NAC 600mg 2-3 x per day
    2. Slo-Niacin 750mg at bedtime
    3. Red Yeast Rice 1200mg 2-3 times per day

    this supplement regimen actually works in reducing cholesterol

  13. #13
    FLsuccess is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1
    Hi I know of a specific brand supplement that helps cholesterol . The effect is very good n many testimony . My colleagues mum benefited from it n share with me. I can share more if anymore wish to know the brand .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •