Results 1 to 32 of 32
Like Tree22Likes
  • 4 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 2 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 6 Post By Chrisp83TRT
  • 3 Post By Couchlockd
  • 3 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By assguy22
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Dr. John Crisler

  1. #1
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,563

    Dr. John Crisler

    I don't know how many guys here follow him but he passed away today. I believe he was 61 years old. In short, he was a pioneer in the field of TRT and helped guide and educate thousands of practitioners and patients with modern, practical protocols. He will be greatly missed in this community.



    https://agemed.org/november-2018/fac...k-crisler-d-o/
    MuscleScience, Obs, trt and 1 others like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  2. #2
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,484
    Blog Entries
    6
    I just saw this, pretty shocking. RIP Doc
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  3. #3
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    858
    Holy shit , damn he was a pretty bad ass doctor helping alot of us learn more on trt .

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    jGrande is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    22
    ...sitting on the shoulders of giants...like this one. Happy travels friend

  5. #5
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I don't know how many guys here follow him but he passed away today. I believe he was 61 years old. In short, he was a pioneer in the field of TRT and helped guide and educate thousands of practitioners and patients with modern, practical protocols. He will be greatly missed in this community.



    https://agemed.org/november-2018/fac...k-crisler-d-o/
    OMG! He's a legend and a hero in my eyes. Any idea of what happened to him? I'm really saddened.

  6. #6
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    OMG! He's a legend and a hero in my eyes. Any idea of what happened to him? I'm really saddened.
    Not yet. I've got a couple friends that were very close to him. As soon as I hear I'll relay it.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  7. #7
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,375
    Fudge. There goes 75% of my knowledge resource.

    Well kel, looks like it's 100% on you now.
    Chrisp83TRT and cylon357 like this.

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Fudge. There goes 75% of my knowledge resource.

    Well kel, looks like it's 100% on you now.

    Aim low, avoid disappointment.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #9
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,563
    Well, I hate to post this but word is it was a suicide. I can only hope this is incorrect.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  10. #10
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    893
    Let us know if you hear anything more. I was expecting heart issues since he had a heart attack about 2 years ago. I did check his website forum (I used to post there a lot under the same screen name before joining this forum) and nobody there seems to know what happened to him either. Rest in peace Dr. John.
    Last edited by Youthful55guy; 01-17-2019 at 09:13 PM.

  11. #11
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Well, I hate to post this but word is it was a suicide. I can only hope this is incorrect.
    Whaaa !?!

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    austinite's Avatar
    austinite is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cialis, Texas
    Posts
    31,130
    RIP. Great loss. Great man.
    ~ PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR SOURCE CHECKS ~

    "It's human nature in a 'more is better' society full of a younger generation that expects instant gratification, then complain when they don't get it. The problem will get far worse before it gets better". ~ kelkel

  13. #13
    xxblazenlowxx's Avatar
    xxblazenlowxx is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    dirty jerzy
    Posts
    220
    What a shame

  14. #14
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    20,079
    Damn...just ...damn.
    Pioneer in the field for sure. Opened my eyes to a lot of info regarding running an optimal TRT regimen.
    956Vette likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  15. #15
    jwh7699 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    615
    RIP. May you find the peace you were looking for.

  16. #16
    Hydrolex is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    91
    He hung himself according to his friends

  17. #17
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,484
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrolex View Post
    He hung himself according to his friends
    Just read that, very tragic. Of course TRT will be blamed...
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  18. #18
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    858
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Just read that, very tragic. Of course TRT will be blamed...
    I dislike the fact that on the site it says he died due to his heart condition.

    I understand for the sake of the family , it's a better story for the sake of his reputation but facts shouldn't be ignored.

    Suicide is a very serious thing and it needs to be spoken about.

    We can't allow heart illness be the cause of this because they will just make testosterone the villain as usual when that was probably not the case at all.

    I feel it may encourage more people to look for help and speak more on the topic rather than playing if off as something else .

    Who knows what that man has endured in his life with the many stresses but I don't condone lying about how he died.
    Not only will that make the whole situation look bad but it will tarnish his great reputation because they lied.

    That's just my .02

    I thought he was an awesome man for helping men with struggles regarding this lifestyle

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    893
    FYI, I've read elsewhere that he's been dealing with legal problems from past changes of embezzlement and ID theft. Whether or not it's true, I have no way of knowing. The guy had a lot of challenges going on in his personal life and I feel for him. I'm sure there will be nay sayers that blame TRT, but that does not appear to have been connected in any way. I'd venture to say it's part of what kept him afloat in a very turbulent sea for so long.

  20. #20
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    I dislike the fact that on the site it says he died due to his heart condition.

    I understand for the sake of the family , it's a better story for the sake of his reputation but facts shouldn't be ignored.

    Suicide is a very serious thing and it needs to be spoken about.

    We can't allow heart illness be the cause of this because they will just make testosterone the villain as usual when that was probably not the case at all.

    I feel it may encourage more people to look for help and speak more on the topic rather than playing if off as something else .

    Who knows what that man has endured in his life with the many stresses but I don't condone lying about how he died.
    Not only will that make the whole situation look bad but it will tarnish his great reputation because they lied.

    That's just my .02

    I thought he was an awesome man for helping men with struggles regarding this lifestyle

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    Well spoken and very prudent
    j2048b, Obs and Proximal like this.

  21. #21
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    FYI, I've read elsewhere that he's been dealing with legal problems from past changes of embezzlement and ID theft. Whether or not it's true, I have no way of knowing. The guy had a lot of challenges going on in his personal life and I feel for him. I'm sure there will be nay sayers that blame TRT, but that does not appear to have been connected in any way. I'd venture to say it's part of what kept him afloat in a very turbulent sea for so long.
    If he checked homself out because of felony accusations then he is a bitch.
    I woke up with worse cuts on my pinky and I dont got the doctor shit going for me.

  22. #22
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    If he checked homself out because of felony accusations then he is a bitch.
    I woke up with worse cuts on my pinky and I dont got the doctor shit going for me.
    Unless he was without a doubt going to do alot of time and likely him being 61, rest if his life.

    I can see getting it over with on your own terms staring at 20 years it so

    Or the steroids depression demon was strong in this one
    Obs, Family_guy and Proximal like this.

  23. #23
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Unless he was without a doubt going to do alot of time and likely him being 61, rest if his life.

    I can see getting it over with on your own terms staring at 20 years it so

    Or the steroids depression demon was strong in this one
    Good point

  24. #24
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,369
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I don't know how many guys here follow him but he passed away today. I believe he was 61 years old. In short, he was a pioneer in the field of TRT and helped guide and educate thousands of practitioners and patients with modern, practical protocols. He will be greatly missed in this community.



    https://agemed.org/november-2018/fac...k-crisler-d-o/
    I knew Dr. John for MANY years! Very sorry to of heard this, I was floored by the news. Great loss of a friend and a member of our community.

  25. #25
    assguy22's Avatar
    assguy22 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Or the steroids depression demon was strong in this one
    I had long time abuse of androgens, heavy compounds and mega doses and along with that, non-stop recreational drug abuse. I've been with severe depression at times in my life but I've never had strong suicidal thoughts, maybe at certain moments but far from committing it.

    I think the issue of suicide is something much more complex regardless of drugs/hormones.
    Last edited by assguy22; 01-28-2019 at 06:10 AM.
    Family_guy likes this.

  26. #26
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by assguy22 View Post
    I had long time abuse of androgens, heavy compounds and mega doses and along with that, non-stop recreational drug abuse. I've been with severe depression at times in my life but I've never had strong suicidal thoughts, maybe at certain moments but far from committing it.

    I think the issue of suicide is something much more complex regardless of drugs/hormones.
    Hormones can be the tipping point.

  27. #27
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    1,380
    I was shocked and saddened to hear about this. He certainly seemed to be one of those guys that went out of his way to help people.

    I've always wondered about exogenous testosterone and alterations of dopamine signalling, and whether there was any study that looked at suicide rates in people that use T. Has anyone seen such a study?

  28. #28
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    20,079
    Look out! It's tAB!!!!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  29. #29
    thisAngelBites's Avatar
    thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    somewhere near London
    Posts
    1,380
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Look out! It's tAB!!!!
    Well hiya!! It’s nice to come and see what everyone here is up to! How are you?

  30. #30
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    20,079
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Well hiya!! It’s nice to come and see what everyone here is up to! How are you?
    Old and dilapidated, but getting by. Really good to see you!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  31. #31
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is online now ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,484
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    I was shocked and saddened to hear about this. He certainly seemed to be one of those guys that went out of his way to help people.

    I've always wondered about exogenous testosterone and alterations of dopamine signalling, and whether there was any study that looked at suicide rates in people that use T. Has anyone seen such a study?
    Only thing I’ve seen is the effects of hypogonadial and clinically low T on depression. TRT seems to help alleviate some of the symptoms.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  32. #32
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,563
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    I was shocked and saddened to hear about this. He certainly seemed to be one of those guys that went out of his way to help people.

    I've always wondered about exogenous testosterone and alterations of dopamine signalling, and whether there was any study that looked at suicide rates in people that use T. Has anyone seen such a study?

    Was just talking about you and here you are! Great to see you back! Stick around dammit!
    almostgone likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •