Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Phatz
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Your experience on recovery with TrT

Phatz is offline New Member

Your experience on recovery with TrT

Hello,

43 year old man who would like some people experienced with TRT to share your thoughts on recovery with working out.

Basically do you recover like you did when you were in your 20s? Is it better than before you started TRT but not as good as 20s?

Anything you can share would be great.

Thank you
    Phatz
    EDCG19 likes this.

FishnTom is offline New Member
    Alot better I burn out all muscles everyday just rest weekends

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    My recovery is better than when I was younger. I’m not sure if it’s because of TRT or that I train, eat and sleep smarter. I for the most part train injury free now. Which was a huge problem in my 20’s
    FishnTom likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Agree with the above post. Workout recovery is way too complex to pin down to just one variable. Many other factors come into play. Some we can control like training method, nutrition, sleep, alcohol consumption, and the list goes on. Others hormones and system degrade with time and it's not always possible to get back what you lost. The best you can do is to control what you can and make the best of what you have left. Age sucks, but it's a fact of life.
    EDCG19 likes this.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatz View Post
    Hello,

43 year old man who would like some people experienced with TRT to share your thoughts on recovery with working out.

Basically do you recover like you did when you were in your 20s? Is it better than before you started TRT but not as good as 20s?

Anything you can share would be great.

Thank you
    Phatz
    I recover better, much better than I did in my 20s but I have no idea what my levels where at that age. So in my 30s recovering on TRT is a much better process for muscle building and CNS recoery than without TRT/HRT
    Truly a miracle hormone

Also, this doesn't mean to say you can lift as heavy as you want when you get older and older, if your body and joints can handle it go for it but simply being on TRT while it may help muscle/bone health I don't know what affects testosterone replacement would have on joint and tendon health which is really, really important if you are moving heavy weight

Phatz is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I recover better, much better than I did in my 20s but I have no idea what my levels where at that age. So in my 30s recovering on TRT is a much better process for muscle building and CNS recoery than without TRT/HRT
    Truly a miracle hormone

Also, this doesn't mean to say you can lift as heavy as you want when you get older and older, if your body and joints can handle it go for it but simply being on TRT while it may help muscle/bone health I don't know what affects testosterone replacement would have on joint and tendon health which is really, really important if you are moving heavy weight

What about soreness? You are correct that i was referring to normal working out. Not bodybuilding.

Just wondering if the soreness stays for days vs weeks.Getting old is a bitch.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatz View Post
    What about soreness? You are correct that i was referring to normal working out. Not bodybuilding.

Just wondering if the soreness stays for days vs weeks.Getting old is a bitch.
    The most sore I get is usually maybe 2-3 days max
    If I hit legs really heavy and hard I may be sore a little bit longer but not to the point where I can't workout again
    Just a little soreness isn't too bad. Upper body i usually recovery quickly

Thread Information