Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By EDCG19
  • 2 Post By bethdoth
  • 3 Post By Facecrash

Thread: Question regarding Sub-q injections for test cyp and not working out

ruffcute is offline Associate Member

Question regarding Sub-q injections for test cyp and not working out

Hi guys,

It’s been a while since I last posted but things were going well and then recently not so well.

I have been doing Sub-q injections for my Test cyp for about 2+ years now. Everything was working fine and I had a good dose, high enough to feel good, but not past the blood test range.

Over the last 4 months I started to suffer from depression and got signed off from work. And with that my motivation to general exercise and do my usual habits went out of the window. I’m still doing my sub-q injections but I don’t feel them as much impacting my body.

1. Could this be due to the fact that my stomach fat isn’t being burned and replenished like it use to be while I was more active?
    My general activities use to be:
    General walking around to and from work and light cardio gym workouts.

2. Could this lack of fat burning be giving me irregular spurts/diminishes of Testosterone release into my body?

My endo tested my bloods 3 months ago and found me on the low range for my usual dose. He asked me to increase it and then tested my cortisol etc, which wasn’t too bad.

But my main questions above were spinning around in my head and I wasn’t sure if I was on the right track.
    My mind has been so fuzzy lately, sometimes I’m so low and sometimes I’m just raging for no reason. I really don’t like it, and it probably is part of the depression but I wanted to rule out or confirm if this could be a part of the sub-q fat injection/retention issue too.

Hoping someone can help, even if it’s their thoughts on how the test would potentially break down in the fat etc.
    I havnt mentioned this to my endo as he doesn’t know I do it subq, he’s weird and I don’t want to ruin a good thing with this doctor.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    If you're on TRT you need to workout..
    With the added test I noticed I had more energy and without the gym you have to channel that energy towards something instead being lazy. Start working out again and stick to some kind of routine minimum of three days a week, I find the TRT with actual intense training sessions can help depression

Test alone wont do shit in my experience
    You have to workout
    j2048b and Family_guy like this.

Sure that makes sense.
    I’m working with a hospital therapist to get some form of structure in place where I’m accountable to do things in the day instead of just dwelling on home and stuck in my own mind. Really hoping I come out of this soon.

Do you have any idea about the subq injections and potentially them just storing in my fat and not actually hitting me?

Cautious as last thing I need is to be depressed, sucidual, finally hit the gym and release a bunch of test and do something fully retarded becacause X amount of stored testosterone got released.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffcute View Post

Do you have any idea about the subq injections and potentially them just storing in my fat and not actually hitting me?

Cautious as last thing I need is to be depressed, sucidual, finally hit the gym and release a bunch of test and do something fully retarded becacause X amount of stored testosterone got released.

Yea i have heard subq works better but I only inject IM and have no need to pin subq

Anyway, I'm not sure i follow correctly, what do you mean by this and what do you mean test gets released? How long have you been on TRT?

I’ve been on it 10 years. I had a accident and one of my testicles needed removing. Is the easiest way to put it.

They checked my natural test levels back then and they were like 9 on the blood test range from 10-30.
    So I’ve been on shots for a while. The depression is new.

What I meant was, with my newly depressed state I have been literally knocked off my feet, I have barely any exercise and don’t go to the gym because my head space is so messed up and screwed with my motivation for daily life stuff.

I’ve been putting on fat, consistently over the last 3 months, my blood tests showed that my test levels recently were about 12 (range 10-30) which is super low for me because 6 months prior my levels were 23 on the same kind of blood panel.
    I’m also not feeling much of the benefits of the shots anymore. No usual morning wood, hornyness etc, again for the last 3 month timeframe. So I’m worried that my subq injections into my belly fat are not working/absorbing, as I’m not really burning/working the fat like I use to do with the general day to day activities and gym sessions like before, instead I’ve been adding to the fat layer.
    I’m worried that I’m just doing the injections and it’s getting stored/trapped in my fat cells in my belly.

If that is the case and that is how it works. I will need to slowly start to work out and release that trapped testosterone otherwise I have a lot of shots that have been trapped by my fat cells

Again I’m asking if that’s how it works. I’m no professional at how testosterone gets absorbed into fat with subq injections.
    I know LSD gets stored in fat, so basing it on that, but I know LSD molecules are probably a lot tinier than this stuff.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    If your Free T and E2 are within range, I wouldn't get hung up on TRT as the cause of your depression. TRT can help alleviate depression-like symptoms in many men with Low T, but it's not a treatment for all brain chemical imbalances.

My advice is to get the TRT optimized so that Free T is in the upper end of your age range, better yet, the upper 75th percentile for a guy in his mid to late 20's (around 21-25 pg/mL using the LabCorp test). Also test your E2 using the sensitive test (absolutely not the 'normal" test designed for women) and make sure it is not too low or excessively high. It's Ok to go slightly high on this test. I use 50 pg/mL (LabCorp test) as my cutoff before using an AI.

If you got these two hormones optimized and your not feeling better, I'd begin to look for other causes and treatments for your depression.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Guys, how about checking for prolactin levels? Pituitary adenoma?

If you posted actual blood work with ranges for reference on what the tests mean that would help more but i dont see why subq wouldn't work so i dont understand your questions here or what you're concerned with

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    To answer your question. IMHO no science behind my response just what I have experienced. On my body the test just doesn't seem to absorb the same when injected into belly fat just switch to subq in your thighs and see if helps. Can't hurt!
    If you continue to gain weight and not workout it will have a domino effect on your life. Time to do just the opposite get off the damn couch and hit the gym. Start looking and feeling better and let it effect your life in a positive way.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Life-has-no-remote-Get-up-and-change-it-yourself.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	176592
    Facecrash and Family_guy like this.

Facecrash is offline Member
    Also a book that helped me a lot throughout the years in terms of controlling my mind and getting out of the world of mind and into the present moment is a book called “taming your gremlin”. Grab it and read 20 pages per day. It will help a lot.

Lastly sometimes happiness is a skill and a system you have to develop and practice. Sometimes fake it till you make it does work. And forcing yourself to the gym even when your mind and body seem to be making impossible, just force it. Even if the workouts aren’t 100% or even 50%, you will create a victory for yourself, and inevitable your brain and endorphins will cause you to feel physically and mentally better.

Good luck man don’t give up. Though what you’re going through may seem like it will never end, it can. Create small victories, practice writing gratitudes for even the smallest things. Ie: I woke up today, my heart is beating and I don’t even have to try, the sun is shining, the sky is raining, etc

Hang in there and don’t give up.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffcute View Post
    I’ve been on it 10 years. I had a accident and one of my testicles needed removing. Is the easiest way to put it.

They checked my natural test levels back then and they were like 9 on the blood test range from 10-30.
    So I’ve been on shots for a while. The depression is new.

What I meant was, with my newly depressed state I have been literally knocked off my feet, I have barely any exercise and don’t go to the gym because my head space is so messed up and screwed with my motivation for daily life stuff.

I’ve been putting on fat, consistently over the last 3 months, my blood tests showed that my test levels recently were about 12 (range 10-30) which is super low for me because 6 months prior my levels were 23 on the same kind of blood panel.
    I’m also not feeling much of the benefits of the shots anymore. No usual morning wood, hornyness etc, again for the last 3 month timeframe. So I’m worried that my subq injections into my belly fat are not working/absorbing, as I’m not really burning/working the fat like I use to do with the general day to day activities and gym sessions like before, instead I’ve been adding to the fat layer.
    I’m worried that I’m just doing the injections and it’s getting stored/trapped in my fat cells in my belly.

If that is the case and that is how it works. I will need to slowly start to work out and release that trapped testosterone otherwise I have a lot of shots that have been trapped by my fat cells

Again I’m asking if that’s how it works. I’m no professional at how testosterone gets absorbed into fat with subq injections.
    I know LSD gets stored in fat, so basing it on that, but I know LSD molecules are probably a lot tinier than this stuff.
    The fat won’t store the test. There’s no massive release that’s gonna happen from excerise or anything else. The release is pretty consistent.

Family_guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Facecrash View Post
    Also a book that helped me a lot throughout the years in terms of controlling my mind and getting out of the world of mind and into the present moment is a book called “taming your gremlin”. Grab it and read 20 pages per day. It will help a lot.

Lastly sometimes happiness is a skill and a system you have to develop and practice. Sometimes fake it till you make it does work. And forcing yourself to the gym even when your mind and body seem to be making impossible, just force it. Even if the workouts aren’t 100% or even 50%, you will create a victory for yourself, and inevitable your brain and endorphins will cause you to feel physically and mentally better.

Good luck man don’t give up. Though what you’re going through may seem like it will never end, it can. Create small victories, practice writing gratitudes for even the smallest things. Ie: I woke up today, my heart is beating and I don’t even have to try, the sun is shining, the sky is raining, etc

Hang in there and don’t give up.
    That was an awesome post man.

Op I’ve been there too man. Facecrash is 100% about happiness being a skill. It does take work sometimes. More so when you’re down. Just keep chugging along man.

The gym is absolutely the best thing you could do right now. You don’t feel like going of course but it will help so much if you just get there and do it!

Thread Information