Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Different Lab results

kman is offline Anabolic Member

Different Lab results

Is it common for labs to have such drastic readings? Got blood work done with one doctor 2 weeks ago and test level came back at 256.Two weeks later same time of day different doctor/lab and test level 358! Not on TRT yet.Anyone else see such drastic readings? Thanks

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kman View Post
    Is it common for labs to have such drastic readings? Got blood work done with one doctor 2 weeks ago and test level came back at 256.Two weeks later same time of day different doctor/lab and test level 358! Not on TRT yet.Anyone else see such drastic readings? Thanks
    That's not all that drastic of a difference. T levels go up and down within a normal range of vales. many things can influence it. However, both your labs are on the low side. I'd be more interested in seeing your Free T or bioavailable T levels. They are probably very low. It's Free/bioavailable T the matters the most for how we feel.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    You touched on a question I have had for a while now, maybe you (or someone else) can offer some input on it. Is percentage increase or raw numbers the scale used to determine success of TRT / AAS use?

Like, in this example, if we look at the difference just on raw numbers, it's a 100 point increase. But looking at it as a percentage, it is 50% higher.

If we consider some different numbers, like say starting at 1000 and getting that same 100 point increase, that would only be a 10% increase.

I'm sorry if my math wonkiness seems insane lol!
    I don't consider percent change as usable information in TRT goal, particularly when we are talking about Total T. The ultimate goal of TRT is to get Free or Bioavailable T within a "good" range that helps us to feel more like we did when we were younger. The exact number for that goal is more debatable. I personally buy into the Life Extension Organization's recommendations that we target the upper 33rd percentile of the range for a guy in his mid to late 20's. Keep in mind that Free/Bioavailable T is most often reported in age-adjusted groups because SHBG normally increases with age which decreases normal ranges for Free T. That doesn't mean the "normal range for a 60 year old guy is optimal, it's just normal for that age. Using the LabCorp test, the upper 33rd percentile for Free T for a 25-30 year old guy is roughly 21-26 pg/mL. This happens to be my goal.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information