Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Latest Labs way too high

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member

Latest Labs way too high

Here's a weird one... I've been on TRT for nearly 10 years and my urologist and I have nearly nailed my numbers down. He's a big proponent of bio-available test pellets so that's what I've been on for at least six of the 10 years. It's simple and easy and they are supposed to last six months living a "normal" lifestyle. Fortunately, I'm not "normal" coming from a triathlon and untra running background so historically my labs prior to pellet re-insertion showed me in the low 100-200 range of test. December of 2017 I had my Achilles repaired and shortly after started a low down NPP/Deca regimen to help with the recovery. This turned into a blast and cruise routine based on the timing of my pellet insertion and my travel schedule and I had no problems until this last lab (pulled last week).

I had started my last blast cycle 4 MAR and ran six weeks.
    DBOL - 25mg ED
    DECA - 500 MG WK
    After the six weeks, I dropped my DECA to 250 EOW to return it to low dose numbers. And last week test came in at 1403 ng/dL. I was kinda shocked since I ran the numbers on my cycle and knew the DBOL would clean out very quickly. Since DECA reduces to DHN, it shouldn't have interfered with my test numbers...

So I'm wondering if any of these could be the case and am asking for thoughts? (I did push back my pellet insertion to July and dropped my DECA until then as well).

1. It's possible instead of DECA I got TEST?
    2. The blast from DECA prevented my test from being burned off?
    3. I've been recently diagnosed with severe sleep apnea so my body has been in a constant state of fatigue for quite a while (eight months+). Aside from the constant state of tiredness, I have constant headaches and my blood pressure is through the roof. My PCP thinks my sleep apnea is the root cause of my bp issues. I think it's a stretch but the state my body is in, could that impact my level of T burning off? Also, with this last cycle I did put on about 10 lbs of muscle. Which stayed even after I shed the water retention from the DBOL. My workouts were fair to high quality but the level of fatigue due to the apnea forced me to take many more days off for recovery than I normally do. But at 50, that doesn't seem so bad.
    4. In February (last round of pellets went in NOV 2018), I got sick and didn't workout the entire month. I've never taken a month off so I wonder how much that impacted my elevated number?

Thoughts?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Deca is known to pull false positives for high test levels depending on the blood work lab used and the testing method. I've seen guys on 500mg deca with no test have total test levels at 6000 ng/dl (it would end up at nearly zero if a diff lab was used). and on the opposite side of the spectrum, Tren will pull false positives for super high estrogen levels (even though it does not aromatize into estrogen) depending on the lab and method of testing used.

I'll look up some of my old posts where I state which labs and testing methods are likely to pull these false positives. can't remember off top of my head
    RoxRunner likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Deca is known to pull false positives for high test levels depending on the blood work lab used and the testing method. I've seen guys on 500mg deca with no test have total test levels at 6000 ng/dl (it would end up at nearly zero if a diff lab was used). and on the opposite side of the spectrum, Tren will pull false positives for super high estrogen levels (even though it does not aromatize into estrogen) depending on the lab and method of testing used.

I'll look up some of my old posts where I state which labs and testing methods are likely to pull these false positives. can't remember off top of my head
    Si, Deca can skew ECLIA test values, but not LC-MS/MS. There was a post in here by Chaffeur or Beethoven if I remember correctly where he had the same issue.

Nandrolone and several other substances are an interference issue with ECLIA tests.
    GearHeaded likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

OP, that may not be the issue with your labwork, but is something to consider, especially if you ordered the ECLIA type test.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Check out the thread linked below, particularly post #16.

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...st-method.html

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys, I check my labs and it doesn't list which test they used so I'm at a loss for now. Hopefully, I don't have to confess my use to my Urologist. For now, I'll just re pellet in July and hope nothing comes of it.

Thread Information