Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 1 Post By David LoPan

Thread: Dr Changed my TRT meds and noticed a difference in the bedroom

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

Dr Changed my TRT meds and noticed a difference in the bedroom

Been on TRT test C for years and years. On 150 a week (75 twice weekly) of the C doing deep IM shots. Now I have Xyosted 75 mg twice a week sub-Q. The dosage is the same but this is not test E. My sex drive has taken a fall in a huge way which is why I am asking. I know that Test C has a little longer half life but just by a few days and would not think this would really cause this. I am just lost here. I did change my shot back to C and my libido was right back to where it was so thinking it might be the medication or possibly in my head (Did not really think this was a factor until writing this). No other medical changes other than a better diet and I am not on an RX PPI for Barrett's esophagus.

Has anyone else seen something like this before when they changed meds or went from IM to Sub-Q? Blood work was fine on Test C but have not had them pulled on the E yet.

I know that esters - One can find compounds like testosterone cypionate , enanthate , propionate , heptylate; caproate, phenylpropionate, isocaproate, decanoate, acetate, etc. In all such cases, the parent hormone is testosterone , which had been modified by adding an ester (enanthate, propionate, etc.) to its structure.

Enanthate: Chemical Structure C7H14O2.
    Also referred to as heptanoic acid; enanthic acid; enanthylic acid; heptylic acid; heptoic acid; Oenanthylic acid; Oenanthic acid. Enanthate is one of the most prominent esters used in steroid manufacturing.

Cypionate : Chemical Structure C8H14O2.
    Also referred to as Cyclopentylpropionic acid, cyclopentylpropionate. Cypionate is a very popular ester in the U.S., although it is scarcely found outside this region. Its release duration is almost identical to enanthate (10-14 days), and the two are likewise thought to be interchangeable in U.S. medicine. Athletes commonly hold the belief that cypionate is more powerful than enanthate, although realistically there is little difference between the two. The enanthate ester is in fact slightly smaller than cypionate, and it, therefore, releases a small (perhaps a few milligrams) amounts of steroid more in comparison.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I ran across some Xyosteds a while back. Think I had 10 of the injectors.
    I couldn't tell much difference between them vs. my scripted 150 mg/wk of cyp. Cyp IM injections are E3.5 days. They were kind of awkward to use at first.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    They are easier to carry when traveling that is for sure. Was surprised that the VA switched me over due to the high cost of the pens. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with them or had issues going from E to C. I thought it might be a half-life issue and my body adjusting to it. It could just be a job stress thing or a mental issue.

Thanks for your reply Almostgone

The esters are fairly close...in most cases, practically interchangeable.

I'm going out on a limb and going to guess the difference might be subq vs. IM?

I just happened up to run up on some for sale at a good price, so I had to give them a try.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Ive done both side by side and refer the C ester alot more it sounds crazy i just didnt feel right on test E just felt off and pip sucks way worse too not a big deal but just there. Im kinda thinking your issue lies with subcutaneous vs intramuscular. Ive never honestly compared bloodwork between the two but that’s what im leaning towards maybe go back to IM?
    David LoPan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Ive done both side by side and refer the C ester alot more it sounds crazy i just didnt feel right on test E just felt off and pip sucks way worse too not a big deal but just there. Im kinda thinking your issue lies with subcutaneous vs intramuscular. Ive never honestly compared bloodwork between the two but that’s what im leaning towards maybe go back to IM?
    Now, I'm with you on test enanthate , Cuz. Pharma test E has never given me a problem, but since the late 2000's, the majority of UGL enanthate has just been nasty/contaminated. I completely avoid it now if it isn't pharma enanthate.

Blog Entries
    You guys are making me not feel so crazy now. I think it might be more of the Sub-Q vs IM. Been going on this TRT since I was 35 and now I am in my 50s. I am new to the Enanthate ester so will go back to as RXed and see my bloodwork. But will be asking to change back to the shots. I still have a worth of Pins in my closet or RV. With my promotion at work, I am traveling more than ever and I don't know what a gym is lately other than one at a hotel which sucks.

My Endo is a female now and she is good but thinks I should be around 400-500 levels (not where I like to be ever). I am being her lab rat ATM, but she does listen so hopefully she will change me back. She did get me on Praluent (alirocumab) for my cholesterol issues since those statins gave me bad side effects and that drug is amazing. Blood work looks great. She is not a bad doctor, actually really good for a VA doctor, but believes most things can be solved by eating a plant-based diet.

Thank you both for your input guys. I miss not being on this site more. The new job has really come at a time cost but the bank account looks really good.
    Cuz likes this.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    It's because of the subQ injection. 100%

The absorbion isn't the same subQ vs IM. The esterases are in much better concentration in the blood stream and the muscle belly is a much much high vascular blood supply than subQ.

Thread Information