cylon357 is online now Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Clomid HRT 9 month bloodwork

I just ran my 3rd set of bloods after being on Clomid as HRT for about 9 months now. I have 3 and 6 month numbers posted here and here.

I've altered my protocol some so that it looks like this: 50 mg Clomid 5 times every 2 weeks (basically I take one every third day). Thats down slighty from 3 per week but up from where the doc wants me (2 per week). He isn't pulling bloodwork until late October so what he don't know, he don't know and don't need to know.

.25 mg arimidex every two weeks. The goal here is to come off of that entirely but I may not be able to right now until I tighten up a little more. Note that I pulled this blood work 12 days after my adex dose. I'm also switching over to the vodka eye dropper method for adex to take smaller, more regular doses. I had been taking 2.5 mg of Fina per week (to bring down DHT and PSA). It almost crashed my DHT so we cut it out at the last blood work 3 months ago. I have been using 250mg DIM daily for the past 3 months.

In short: 50mg Clomid every third day, .25 mg arimidex every 2 weeks, 250mg DIM daily, no fina.

Here are the partial results. Note that this is my first time to use Ultalabtests.com. That is likely unrelated but it has been over two weeks and SHBG, Free T and Total T are still pending. I will update here with those results when available.

My DHT came up nicely as did my DHEA. The E2 shows as slightly over range but some labs say < 35, others (this one) say < 29. Anyhow, I'm not sure E2 is a problem.

F@ck my damn PSA. It can just be mid-3s. Judging from where my LH is right now, I'm guessing the T numbers will look about right for HRT. This might end up being my protocol. Just guessing right now tho.

Clomid HRT 9 month bloodwork-cylonpage1.jpg Clomid HRT 9 month bloodwork-cylonpage2.jpg Clomid HRT 9 month bloodwork-cylonpage3.jpg
    Last edited by cylon357; 08-14-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Spoke with Quest and they found my results for SHBG, Free T and Total T. Most looks good except for SHBG. Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind that I am secondary not primary and want to avoid anything that might result in shutdown.

Clomid HRT 9 month bloodwork-cylonpage1new.jpg

Youthful55guy is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cylon357 View Post
    Spoke with Quest and they found my results for SHBG, Free T and Total T. Most looks good except for SHBG. Any thoughts on that? Keep in mind that I am secondary not primary and want to avoid anything that might result in shutdown.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CylonPage1New.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	256.2 KB 
ID:	177055
    I'd kill for 61 nmol/L! I live with 95-100 daily. Unless you are willing to use certain synthetic anabolics that will suppress the HPTA, your only choice is to saturate the protein with T so that enough spills over to keep Free T within range. I'm doing a long drawn out experiment now to do just that and my guess is that I'll be dialed in around 120 mg T-cyp per week on an E3D schedule. Keep in mind that my SHBG is much higher than yours, so you may need less. I'd start with about 110 mg and go from there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I'd kill for 61 nmol/L! I live with 95-100 daily. Unless you are willing to use certain synthetic anabolics that will suppress the HPTA, your only choice is to saturate the protein with T so that enough spills over to keep Free T within range. I'm doing a long drawn out experiment now to do just that and my guess is that I'll be dialed in around 120 mg T-cyp per week on an E3D schedule. Keep in mind that my SHBG is much higher than yours, so you may need less. I'd start with about 110 mg and go from there.

The grass is always greener, ain't it?

If the best bet to lower shbg is suppressive pharmaceuticals, I'll just live with it for now.

I will likely switch to the Drs recommended 2 clomid per week. That will bring T down some (but really it could come down a little) and see if that reduces / eliminates the need for an AI.

That said, I've been feeling pretty good with this protocol, but some of that may just be getting back to "normal" (whatever that is) since surgery in late Feb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    What about the E2? Would you live with that level or try to bring it down some?

Thread Information