Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Back after a long time away... gonna type my issues out.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
    3 days in. I read that levels from a dose peak 2-3 days after injecting? Haven’t noticed any effects other than my hair being pretty oily this morning.

With that said, I feel a lot better, but I think that is due to cardio every morning. Who knows.

But I don’t feel like I did when I was 18. Hopefully I get there sometime soon.
    You may notice an initial little improvement in your perception of how you feel, but it will take some time to see/feel the real improvement.

Remember, getting dialed in on an optimized dose is a multi-step process that can easily take 6 months or more.

Hang in there, the small incremental improvements will keep adding up.
    alphaman likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

alphaman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    You may notice an initial little improvement in your perception of how you feel, but it will take some time to see/feel the real improvement.

Remember, getting dialed in on an optimized dose is a multi-step process that can easily take 6 months or more.

Hang in there, the small incremental improvements will keep adding up.

Cool. So when should I pull follow-up labs?

When does your Dr. have you scheduled for additional labs?

If they are pulling decent panels, I wouldn't do any self ordered labs for a while.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

When does your Dr. have you scheduled for additional labs?

If they are pulling decent panels, I wouldn't do any self ordered labs for a while.

I have an appt 10/23. I haven’t seen the panel he pulled. Waiting on my own, will show it to him and see what he says.

I have an appt 10/23. I haven’t seen the panel he pulled. Waiting on my own, will show it to him and see what he says.
    Get a copy of his results, they're yours and youu can see what all the Dr. is checking. Also, it may be that if you require a dosage adjustment, that the Dr. may dig a little deeper with the labwork. No use paying for labs that your insurance would pay towards

I'd wait until you get the first results from his follow-up labs and see if there will need to be any dosage adjustments. If there are any dosage adjustments, maybe pull a self ordered panel no sooner than 3 months after the dosage change, dependent on what panels your Dr. pulls.

Now, later on after you get dialed in, if you decide that you want to supplement your TRT, I would pull labs 1 month prior to your Dr. appointment in case you need to address any issues .

First though, make sure you get on a decent dosage that puts your free T towards the upper third of the range with little to no a.i. if at all possible.

Remember, it takes some time for your hormone levels to stabilize. It's not something that you can check one month after starting therapy and expect to be zeroed in.
    alphaman likes this.

Did my first in-home injection just now.

Realized the pharmacy gave me 3ml syringes... so it made it difficult to measure .25ml....

Also, it seems like maybe .025-.05ml was left in the syringe because of the reservoir between the syringe and the pin.

Doesn't seem like much, but it is between 10 and 20% of my dose....

Any thoughts on that? I plan to get some smaller syringes, but will that help with waste?

Also, is it kosher to ask for a legit syringe source here? I am gonna call the pharmacy to see if they got me a 10ml vial, but I don't want to screw with them too much. The pharmacist rolled her eyes at me when I had her give me 1.5in pins as opposed to the 1inchers she initially gave me....because I assume she thought I knew too much about all this.
    Last edited by alphaman; 10-06-2019 at 07:37 AM.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions

Realized the pharmacy gave me 3ml syringes... so it made it difficult to measure .25ml....

Also, it seems like maybe .025-.05ml was left in the syringe because of the reservoir between the syringe and the pin.

Any thoughts on that? I plan to get some smaller syringes, but will that help with waste?

Also, is it kosher to ask for a legit syringe source here? I am gonna call the pharmacy to see if they got me a 10ml vial, but I don't want to screw with them too much. The pharmacist rolled her eyes at me when I had her give me 1.5in pins as opposed to the 1inchers she initially gave me....because I assume she thought I knew too much about all this.
    https://www.eastcoastmedicalsupply.c...SAEEgJ9BfD_BwE

Draw a small bubble of air to go in behind the oil and clear it out the syringe. I use 3ml syringes all of the time to draw my dose. For me, it is easier to see where the rear of the plunger lines up with an increment/ line and then pull the necessary distance to get your volume, then I withdraw and pull a small amount of air.

Some guys like Y55G prefer to shoot sub-q and use insulin syringes, however for now, I would stick with IM. You can change over to sub-q later if you wish. No use introducing more variables yet, no matter how inconsequential they may be.

1" needles should be fine, I prefer them.
    alphaman likes this.

Draw a small bubble of air to go in behind the oil and clear it out the syringe. I use 3ml syringes all of the time to draw my dose. For me, it is easier to see where the rear of the plunger lines up with an increment/ line and then pull the necessary distance to get your volume, then I withdraw and pull a small amount of air.

Some guys like Y55G prefer to shoot sub-q and use insulin syringes, however for now, I would stick with IM. You can change over to sub-q later if you wish. No use introducing more variables yet, no matter how inconsequential they may be.

1" needles should be fine, I prefer them.

So by injecting a small amount of air, you’re able to get more of the oil out of the syringe?

Yes. Experiment with a used syringe and needle and use water to simulate. It only takes a tiny amount of air.
    alphaman likes this.

alphaman likes this.

Attachment 177278Here are my labs:
    Last edited by alphaman; 11-01-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Nothing seems too out of whack.

DHEA-S looks pretty high, but I saw on another site that 510 was the upper normal range for a guy my age... so I guess maybe I don’t have adrenal cancer? Yikes

I read that low T and high DHEA-S can happen when you have a fatty liver. Which could make sense considering my diet and alcohol consumption. Bilirubin is also high end of normal with high A/G ratio. I know a chick from high school who is a health nut and all into liver health. Maybe I should talk to her....

I also read that bilirubin can be high after strenuous exercise which I had been doing for 4 days prior to pulling these labs, which I hadn’t done for a long time.

On that note, my natty test jumped 60 points from when my doc pulled it! Good thing I hadn’t been working out prior to him pulling blood and had gone on a bender the night before at commencement of my golf league.

Any thoughts on these labs would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by alphaman; 10-08-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I would consider taking supplemental Vit. D. I usually buy the cheap CVS brand. Take it with a meal containing fats, preferably good fats.

LDL will probably improve with diet and exercise. Possibly same for total cholesterol.

Maybe pull an IGF-1 panel when you pull more labs.
    alphaman likes this.

I would consider taking supplemental Vit. D. I usually buy the cheap CVS brand. Take it with a meal containing fats, preferably good fats.

LDL will probably improve with diet and exercise. Possibly same for total cholesterol.

Maybe pull an IGF-1 panel when you pull more labs.

Will do, thanks. So, with regard to IGF-1, is there something in my labs that causes you to suspect something? Or is just that it’s valuable info my current labs didn’t cover?

Will do, thanks. So, with regard to IGF-1, is there something in my labs that causes you to suspect something? Or is just that it’s valuable info my current labs didn’t cover?
    It's just another panel to have a good baseline for.
    alphaman likes this.

Great. Thanks for all your guidance, almostgone. Much appreciated.

Just talked to the pharmacy and a 10ml vial is waiting on me there.
    almostgone and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Definitely feeling the effects.

All good except pretty damn hungry, so I have put some water weight on with diet mistakes the past couple days. Gonna try to keep water intake up, sodium and simple carbs down.

Running 1-2.5 miles every day, with push-ups, burpees and lunges EOD. Will move on to weights as this doesn’t make me sore anymore and the weather gets worse.

Last night I still had a bit of oil in the syringe after injecting.

Admittedly, I did not read the link or practice before, I just drew in a bit of air. After I read the link and it says .1-.3 ml of air? I guess that is the reading you have on the syringe and the chamber is extra air in addition to that? I think I had way less either way.

I am injecting in my glute, so I think I will lie down and have my wife push the plunger next time.

Last night I still had a bit of oil in the syringe after injecting.

Admittedly, I did not read the link or practice before, I just drew in a bit of air. After I read the link and it says .1-.3 ml of air? I guess that is the reading you have on the syringe and the chamber is extra air in addition to that? I think I had way less either way.

I am injecting in my glute, so I think I will lie down and have my wife push the plunger next time.

Yes sir, draw you dose, tip up the syringe and draw in the extra air.
    alphaman likes this.

Yes sir, draw you dose, tip up the syringe and draw in the extra air.

Yup. Worked like a charm this time. Got the whole dose. Thanks!

Another note: I have put on 8lbs since starting. I did eat like shit last night, family celebration. But my waist is definitely not getting bigger. Still intermittently fasting. 2pm-8pm window except for last night. Running 2.5 miles every morning, pushups and lunges 4x/wk. Muscles definitely appear fuller. Muscle memory, maybe?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Another note: I have put on 8lbs since starting. I did eat like shit last night, family celebration. But my waist is definitely not getting bigger. Still intermittently fasting. 2pm-8pm window except for last night. Running 2.5 miles every morning, pushups and lunges 4x/wk. Muscles definitely appear fuller. Muscle memory, maybe?
    Just be careful of the cardio that it doesn’t slow leg growth. I used to do a lot of cardio and it did affect me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Obs and Cylon357 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Just be careful of the cardio that it doesn’t slow leg growth. I used to do a lot of cardio and it did affect me.

No bodybuilding for me. Just want to be lean, healthy and horny.
    C27H40O3 likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post

Fuckn suit jacket is tight around the back and shoulders

Quick update....

Muddling along in the same way. Feeling some effects but nothing too pronounced. Definitely felt an extra kick the first week when I received 150mg as opposed to 100mg/wk since.

Running every day, pushups and lunges a few times a week. Things have gotten really busy lately. I hope to kick up the workouts soon.

Not really losing any weight. Caloric deficit throughout the week. But the last two weeks my diet has suffered throughout the weekend. Family celebration two weeks ago, camping with the boys last weekend.

Not gaining fat during these times, I don’t think, but I gain water. I think even with my diet on point I am carrying at least 6 or 7 extra lbs. At the end of the last two weekends, I think it’s closer to 10. My feet were noticeably swollen Sunday—my socks made big dents, and my dress shoes were a bit tight yesterday. This happened the week before and they were better by Tuesday. We shall see when I put my shoes on this morning. Lol

Blood pressure is high when I wake up, drops after meds and workout, but still borderline.

Seeing the doc tomorrow. Gonna bring up HCG ... and wondering if I go on a diuretic BP med if that will help. I remember someone mentioning a med that works well for guys on TRT... I will have to go searching for that again today....

Asked Doc to prescribe Losartan (Y55’s recommended BP med) instead of Lisinopril and he did.

Asked about HCG , he had never prescribed it, didn’t know any other application other than weight loss. He agreed to let me send him a study to look over.

Set a follow up for early December. He said he will pull blood work again at that time.

edited
    Last edited by alphaman; 12-12-2019 at 06:30 PM.
    i_SLAM_cougars likes this.

Really far gone, I know. But I do see progress since beginning TRT. I had already lost 21lbs by 9/24.

Still the same weight and I can see a change.
    Obs likes this.

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Alphaman - see my PM

Got first panel since beginning TRT.

Total Test- 586 from 287
    Free Test- 137 from 9.7
    SHGB- 22 from 27
    Test % Free- 2.3%

Feel much better than before. But not as good as in the beginning.

Noticing testicular atrophy and doc is not open to HCG .

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Noticing testicular atrophy and doc is not open to HCG.
    What is his concern with hCG ? My guy prescribed it to me and it solved that problem for me. Did he say why he doesn’t like it?

Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    What is his concern with hCG ? My guy prescribed it to me and it solved that problem for me. Did he say why he doesn’t like it?

He has very little knowledge regarding TRT it seems. He only knew of HCG being applicable to dieting when I mentioned it. Plus he doesn’t believe test at 100mg/wk is enough to shut your natural production down.

Guys, if I were to begin HCG , how much and how often with my current protocol of 50mg test cyp every 3.5 days?

Checking in:

The good:

Look better, feel waaaay better. Sex drive is good. Physical fitness is tremendously increased. I am running 2.5-3 miles a day at an 8.5 minute/mile pace like it’s nothing. When I started, it was over 10 minutes/mile and I was gassed as hell afterward.

The bad:

My blood pressure is unresolved. In fact, yesterday at the doc’s office, they got the highest reading ever—200/110.

Doc initially prescribed me 10mg lisinopril. It seemed to be improving, not ideal but improving. Started test, and it went back up. Went to Losartan 25mg, did not improve. Then back to lisinopril, 20mg, still no improvement—hence the visit yesterday.

Doc seemed concerned. Didn’t suggest taking me off test, thinks 50mg/wk should not cause adverse effects. Just replacing what should already be there. But wanted to get aggressive in BP meds. Put me on combo med— 40mg Lisinopril and 25mg hydrochlorothiazide. It come in half that dose. So I am supposed to take two pills, but this morning I only took one. Want to see what that does.

But I am getting concerned. Wondering if I have renal stenosis or a heart problem.

Definitely do not want to come off test. I feel great. Just this fukking blood pressure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information