Results 1 to 28 of 28
Like Tree21Likes
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 2 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By HoldMyBeer
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By 2Sox
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By HoldMyBeer

Thread: Muse (Alprostadil) - backordered with no release date

  1. #1
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084

    Muse (Alprostadil) - backordered with no release date

    You may have read my previous thread regarding this remarkable ED medication which greatly increases the pleasure of intimacy and restores me to better than normal function even with a penile implant. Like all ED meds, a prescription is needed. Alprostadil has several delivery routes one of which (Muse) is a tiny suppository delivered through an applicator directly into the urethra. Painless and easy and quick. Gets to work in ten minutes. The other routes are through a needle and injection. Needless to say, Muse is very popular.

    However, in the US it is on backorder with no release date. I haven't been able to get any for over a month. Infuriating. It is, however available in Canada. A buddy of mine who lives in Montreal was kind enough to offer to fill my prescription for me. NG. A doctor has to be licensed there for his scripts to be filled.

    Short of my taking a trip to Montreal every few weeks to see a doctor, does anyone have any suggestions? I live in NYC. If anyone on this forum lives up there, I'd welcome any reasonable arrangement to fill the gap until I can get this medication when it's available here in the US.

    Oh, by the way, it has temperature requirements and can't be stored above 86 degrees F which is no problem as the winter months approach.

  2. #2
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    You may have read my previous thread regarding this remarkable ED medication which greatly increases the pleasure of intimacy and restores me to better than normal function even with a penile implant. Like all ED meds, a prescription is needed. Alprostadil has several delivery routes one of which (Muse) is a tiny suppository delivered through an applicator directly into the urethra. Painless and easy and quick. Gets to work in ten minutes. The other routes are through a needle and injection. Needless to say, Muse is very popular.

    However, in the US it is on backorder with no release date. I haven't been able to get any for over a month. Infuriating. It is, however available in Canada. A buddy of mine who lives in Montreal was kind enough to offer to fill my prescription for me. NG. A doctor has to be licensed there for his scripts to be filled.

    Short of my taking a trip to Montreal every few weeks to see a doctor, does anyone have any suggestions? I live in NYC. If anyone on this forum lives up there, I'd welcome any reasonable arrangement to fill the gap until I can get this medication when it's available here in the US.

    Oh, by the way, it has temperature requirements and can't be stored above 86 degrees F which is no problem as the winter months approach.
    I will talk with someone and see what I can do.
    Cant make any promises but we can search the international suppliers this way.

  3. #3
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Trump is working on a plan to allow citizens to order scripts from Canada to battle the cost of medications (it's MUCH cheaper up there), but the Dem.s are fighting him. Hopefully it goes through and you can just order it online and have it delivered
    Obs likes this.

  4. #4
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Trump is working on a plan to allow citizens to order scripts from Canada to battle the cost of medications (it's MUCH cheaper up there), but the Dem.s are fighting him. Hopefully it goes through and you can just order it online and have it delivered
    That's a VERY good thing. If you've read any of my past posts, you'll see that I'm a big fan of sourcing statements such as yours. Can you provide a link for all of us to read? Thanks.
    Obs and MecGen like this.

  5. #5
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I will talk with someone and see what I can do.
    Cant make any promises but we can search the international suppliers this way.

    Thanks, Obs.
    Obs likes this.

  6. #6
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    That's a VERY good thing. If you've read any of my past posts, you'll see that I'm a big fan of sourcing statements such as yours. Can you provide a link for all of us to read? Thanks.
    You can just Google "Trump Canada prescriptions" and you'll immediately come up w a dozen articles. Each one will have its own bias, but it's the same idea across the board
    Obs likes this.

  7. #7
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    You may have read my previous thread regarding this remarkable ED medication which greatly increases the pleasure of intimacy and restores me to better than normal function even with a penile implant. Like all ED meds, a prescription is needed. Alprostadil has several delivery routes one of which (Muse) is a tiny suppository delivered through an applicator directly into the urethra. Painless and easy and quick. Gets to work in ten minutes. The other routes are through a needle and injection. Needless to say, Muse is very popular.

    However, in the US it is on backorder with no release date. I haven't been able to get any for over a month. Infuriating. It is, however available in Canada. A buddy of mine who lives in Montreal was kind enough to offer to fill my prescription for me. NG. A doctor has to be licensed there for his scripts to be filled.

    Short of my taking a trip to Montreal every few weeks to see a doctor, does anyone have any suggestions? I live in NYC. If anyone on this forum lives up there, I'd welcome any reasonable arrangement to fill the gap until I can get this medication when it's available here in the US.

    Oh, by the way, it has temperature requirements and can't be stored above 86 degrees F which is no problem as the winter months approach.
    I believe they habe a cream now.
    Not dure of how effective it would be or how quick acting it would be but I am betting it would be more sourceable that way. Just from what I have seen from the kind of sources I know

  8. #8
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299

  9. #9
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    You can just Google "Trump Canada prescriptions" and you'll immediately come up w a dozen articles. Each one will have its own bias, but it's the same idea across the board
    Sure. Why provide a link to your comment when someone else can do it?

    According to this article in Business Insider, the process of getting drugs from Canada that is discussed, is a far cry from allowing individuals to order their scripts there - as you stated. That's why it's always good to provide a link to corroborate a statement in a post. Avoids misinformation.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-canada-2019-7
    Last edited by 2Sox; 09-15-2019 at 01:55 PM.

  10. #10
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Yes, I've looked into this. It looks very good but unfortunately, it's only available in Europe and has not yet been approved by the archaic, drowning-in-red-tape, FDA.
    Obs likes this.

  11. #11
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Sure. Why provide a link to your comment when someone else can do it?

    According to this article in Business Insider, the process of getting drugs from Canada that is discussed, is a far cry from allowing individuals to order their scripts there - as you stated. That's why it's always good to provide a link to corroborate a statement in a post. Avoids misinformation.

    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...-canada-2019-7
    Because I don't like when people are lazy and want other people to do their work for them when they are perfectly capable of working Google on their own
    Obs likes this.

  12. #12
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,609
    Something I'd be interested in trying sometime. I know the delivery system(s) aren't as bad as they sound

  13. #13
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Yes, I've looked into this. It looks very good but unfortunately, it's only available in Europe and has not yet been approved by the archaic, drowning-in-red-tape, FDA.
    Yes but any method I would be able to find would not be prescription though or via legal method regardless.
    2Sox likes this.

  14. #14
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Because I don't like when people are lazy and want other people to do their work for them when they are perfectly capable of working Google on their own
    People come here for accurate information and it's particularly important for those of us who have been honored with the Blue or Red labels to provide that accurate, sourced information - because people count on us. The assumption - particularly for new members - is that we know what we are talking about. Our words have great weight. Not only us but every person here has a responsibility to source their statements - IF they are not opinions. You're not new to this and know this well. And you also know that it is NOT the responsibility of the reader to first source a statement, rather it's the responsibility of the writer. It's respect that is due the many men and women who come to such a forum seeking answers.

    When you attempt to insult with the word lazy, I would suggest you look to yourself before you do so.

    For the record, your statement about Canadian medications was inaccurate. If I did not question it and post a link it would have passed as truth. Is that what you would have wanted? Is that what anyone here would have wanted?
    Last edited by 2Sox; 09-15-2019 at 04:33 PM.

  15. #15
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    People come here for accurate information and it's particularly important for those of us who have been honored with the Blue or Red labels to provide that accurate, sourced information - because people count on us. The assumption - particularly for new members - is that we know what we are talking about. Our words have great weight. Not only us but every person here has a responsibility to source their statements - IF they are not opinions. You're not new to this and know this well. And you also know that it is NOT the responsibility of the reader to first source a statement, rather it's the responsibility of the writer. It's respect that is due the many men and women who come to such a forum seeking answers.

    When you attempt to insult with the word lazy, I would suggest you look to yourself before you do so.
    How's that high horse fit?
    If it were something pertaining to someone's health, I would qualify my statement with something like, "I think." Or I would just do the research and convey the information directly. When talking about something in politics that will probably never happen (because nothing of that magnitude ever does), I'm not going to put in that much effort. That's something I read on some website and relayed what it said. There's another article that also says Canada is fighting it because they have a medicine shortage of you want to Google that too. No I do not remember the website.
    I realize this may be more personal to you because you're waiting on a script, and I sympathize, but don't start getting pissy if you happened to not click on the same website I did.
    Obs likes this.

  16. #16
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    People come here for accurate information and it's particularly important for those of us who have been honored with the Blue or Red labels to provide that accurate, sourced information - because people count on us. The assumption - particularly for new members - is that we know what we are talking about. Our words have great weight. Not only us but every person here has a responsibility to source their statements - IF they are not opinions. You're not new to this and know this well. And you also know that it is NOT the responsibility of the reader to first source a statement, rather it's the responsibility of the writer. It's respect that is due the many men and women who come to such a forum seeking answers.

    When you attempt to insult with the word lazy, I would suggest you look to yourself before you do so.

    For the record, your statement about Canadian medications was inaccurate. If I did not question it and post a link it would have passed as truth. Is that what you would have wanted? Is that what anyone here would have wanted?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....om-canada/amp/

    His statement was correct.
    I dont help assholes.
    Good luck.

    Also will add that the old regime of one way info and the unsaid requirements for posting are dead.
    We got theor asses out of here because they were killing the board.

    When someone posts to try to help, to demand more of them won't be met well regardless of imaginary online status.
    Last edited by Obs; 09-15-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    HoldMyBeer likes this.

  17. #17
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    People come here for accurate information and it's particularly important for those of us who have been honored with the Blue or Red labels to provide that accurate, sourced information - because people count on us. The assumption - particularly for new members - is that we know what we are talking about. Our words have great weight. Not only us but every person here has a responsibility to source their statements - IF they are not opinions. You're not new to this and know this well. And you also know that it is NOT the responsibility of the reader to first source a statement, rather it's the responsibility of the writer. It's respect that is due the many men and women who come to such a forum seeking answers.

    When you attempt to insult with the word lazy, I would suggest you look to yourself before you do so.

    For the record, your statement about Canadian medications was inaccurate. If I did not question it and post a link it would have passed as truth. Is that what you would have wanted? Is that what anyone here would have wanted?
    just pointing out that this statement comes after having maybe 15 total posts since feb of 2017 . IF you were really all that concerned with the community and this forum and what is the "responsibility" of some members to other members then why only 15 posts in several years ?

    its like a father that leaves his wife and kids for 3 years to go fuck around, and then the minute he comes back he wants to lecture them on what is responsible parenting.


    maybe my observation is incorrect . but just pointing out how it looks to myself, just a casual observer of this thread


    edit - and its interesting you put yourself in the "people count on us" statement that you make . well people count on you, where the heck you been the last couple years brother ?
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 09-15-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.

  18. #18
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Whoa! Very surprised by all these protests to what is such a commonly known protocol on all forums. Maybe you guys don't like my style. Fair enough.

    I taught in inner city NYC for 30 years. Something I would repeat to my students almost daily: "Don't believe everything you read or hear. Not even from me. Question until you find out the facts for yourself to see what's really true." I think it's a good rule to follow here too. People posting can make that easier for everyone.

    I stand by what I wrote. One hundred percent.

  19. #19
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Whoa! Very surprised by all these protests to what is such a commonly known protocol on all forums. Maybe you guys don't like my style. Fair enough.

    I taught in inner city NYC for 30 years. Something I would repeat to my students almost daily: "Don't believe everything you read or hear. Not even from me. Question until you find out the facts for yourself to see what's really true." I think it's a good rule to follow here too. People posting can make that easier for everyone.

    I stand by what I wrote. One hundred percent.
    Dont school me on forums.
    The number one rule is when you call out an established member in a rude manner when he is correct, you get flak.

    I had multiple people searching for you and some heavy hitters. They aren't now.

    You said he was incorrect so please explain!

    COME ON NOW YOU ARE A RED MEMBER YOU HAVE A DUTY TO THE PLANET
    HoldMyBeer and GearHeaded like this.

  20. #20
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    The number one rule is when you call out an established member in a rude manner when he is correct, you get flak.
    getting flak is part of life . its a great learning tool . but OP doesn't want any of that learning experience and only wants to stand 100% to his own opinions and thoughts .

    " when a teacher refuses to be taught , they no longer make for a good teacher "
    famous quote by -- idk, I just made that shit up just now
    Obs and HoldMyBeer like this.

  21. #21
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,299
    []

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    getting flak is part of life . its a great learning tool . but OP doesn't want any of that learning experience and only wants to stand 100% to his own opinions and thoughts .

    " when a teacher refuses to be taught , they no longer make for a good teacher "
    famous quote by -- idk, I just made that shit up just now
    I have had a hard time having to admit when I am wrong a few times here but always did. Couple times it was embarrassing tbh.

    I would much rather be wrong than fake.

    Glad you admitted to making that quote up... I was gonna ask for a reputable source.
    Words without repititious squawking are meaningless. It must be from a politically specific news source or pubmed or its useless info.
    Last edited by Obs; 09-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  22. #22
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Your comments are duly noted, gentlemen.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  23. #23
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Whoa! Very surprised by all these protests to what is such a commonly known protocol on all forums. .
    I would like a resource link for the statement in bold . some guys speak of these protocols like they are so well known a fact , like they speak of Noahs Ark (yet have not yet actually found such an ark).

    if its so commonly known , please tell us all where this lost ark for "commonly known protocol on ALL forums" is . or perhaps is this "ark" just a figment of your own imagination and really isn't commonly known protocol to the millions and millions of people that interact on online forums that you think it is.
    Obs likes this.

  24. #24
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,094
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Your comments are duly noted, gentlemen.

    just an FYI -- I'm just giving you a hard time brother . every once in awhile I gotta give old members checking back in here some shit rather then talking AAS protocols all the time

  25. #25
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Whoa! Very surprised by all these protests to what is such a commonly known protocol on all forums. Maybe you guys don't like my style. Fair enough.

    I taught in inner city NYC for 30 years. Something I would repeat to my students almost daily: "Don't believe everything you read or hear. Not even from me. Question until you find out the facts for yourself to see what's really true." I think it's a good rule to follow here too. People posting can make that easier for everyone.

    I stand by what I wrote. One hundred percent.
    I agree w what you told your students. Below is a reply to another thread I made a few days ago, bitching about the same thing. However, this is not the case, I read the whole article, had talked about it will different people (in person) to got different perspectives, etc. (I don't like only knowing one side of a political or social matter). I was trying to help and give you hope because that's a shitty problem to have. Once again, I realize this is personal for you, but you picked the wrong battle to fight brother


    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I find that to be a HUGE problem today with people who publish articles.
    1. Clickbait titles, where people don't read the article and still spread the info. The one I like the most. Cell phones are making kids grow horns out of the back of their neck from looking down so much. It was like one kid who happened to have a bone spur and a credited doctor said that's impossible in the article. But no one read it, spread the info, and other places published similar articles without even reading what the doctor said or checking with any
    2. Information given completely out of context or purposefully leaving out important information. The best example I've heard, "eating this food caused a 66% increase in cancer." When when you looked at the actual study, it was a 66% relative increase. So it was something like 0.04% chance of getting cancer to 0.06%
    3. Not even fact checking before putting out information. I like to refer to the plastic straw outrage. All the news outlets reported one number on how many straws per year were causing pollution, that number ended up coming from a middle school kid's class presentation who just made it up.
    .
    .
    But these days people attention time is worth so much money, it pays to get the info out first before fact checking, making clickbait titles, and creating a heated debates that ends up in social divide
    Obs and 2Sox like this.

  26. #26
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    I agree w what you told your students. Below is a reply to another thread I made a few days ago, bitching about the same thing. However, this is not the case, I read the whole article, had talked about it will different people (in person) to got different perspectives, etc. (I don't like only knowing one side of a political or social matter). I was trying to help and give you hope because that's a shitty problem to have. Once again, I realize this is personal for you, but you picked the wrong battle to fight brother
    Thanks for your reply. And for your understanding about my state of affairs and for trying to help. Having survived cancer, I'm VERY grateful that I still have a good number of years to live a full life so I don't really see this as a *problem*; it's just the way things are. My life is very full in many ways, not the least of which is an AMAZING sex life (and a great marriage of over 40 years.) It may be surprising to many considering what I described, but it is a fact. And if I could have a constant supply of Muse, it would be even better!

    Looking back on the thread, I can see where I made some mistakes. Although, as I said, I do stand by the things I said in my post about posting in general, I am critical of myself for being disproportionate in my response - a response that reeked of superiority. And for this only, I extend my apologies. I could have simply said: "I never read anything about this anywhere. Millions of people in the US would be jumping for joy if this were true! What periodical did you read this in?" And simply looked it up myself - which I did - and which also made clear that your comment was mistaken - very mistaken - as the article I linked made clear. And if you look closely back at what I wrote there was no *attack* as some may have perceived. Part of my reply was in response to an implication that I was *lazy*, an implication that by now I believe I have proven to be incorrect.

    Another mistake I made was the belief that my previous reputation and status on this forum would be enough to jump right in as though no time had passed at all. This was an unwise decision as many that are here now do not know me or know of my contributions to this forum in the past. I should have gone slower and I am critical of myself that I had not.

    So, I thank you all for your replies and criticisms, as tactless as some of those may have been. They were all useful for me to hear. And my intention is to put them to good use.

  27. #27
    HoldMyBeer is online now Productive Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Thanks for your reply. And for your understanding about my state of affairs and for trying to help. Having survived cancer, I'm VERY grateful that I still have a good number of years to live a full life so I don't really see this as a *problem*; it's just the way things are. My life is very full in many ways, not the least of which is an AMAZING sex life (and a great marriage of over 40 years.) It may be surprising to many considering what I described, but it is a fact. And if I could have a constant supply of Muse, it would be even better!

    Looking back on the thread, I can see where I made some mistakes. Although, as I said, I do stand by the things I said in my post about posting in general, I am critical of myself for being disproportionate in my response - a response that reeked of superiority. And for this only, I extend my apologies. I could have simply said: "I never read anything about this anywhere. Millions of people in the US would be jumping for joy if this were true! What periodical did you read this in?" And simply looked it up myself - which I did - and which also made clear that your comment was mistaken - very mistaken - as the article I linked made clear. And if you look closely back at what I wrote there was no *attack* as some may have perceived. Part of my reply was in response to an implication that I was *lazy*, an implication that by now I believe I have proven to be incorrect.

    Another mistake I made was the belief that my previous reputation and status on this forum would be enough to jump right in as though no time had passed at all. This was an unwise decision as many that are here now do not know me or know of my contributions to this forum in the past. I should have gone slower and I am critical of myself that I had not.

    So, I thank you all for your replies and criticisms, as tactless as some of those may have been. They were all useful for me to hear. And my intention is to put them to good use.
    Nice, "I'm sorry but..."
    No need to reply to any of my posts, ever, it will go unread.

  28. #28
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by HoldMyBeer View Post
    Nice, "I'm sorry but..."
    No need to reply to any of my posts, ever, it will go unread.
    You flatter yourself. Exceedingly. I can live with that decision.

    I tried to be honest and critical of myself and clarify my convictions. If that is not good enough for you, there is really not much more that I can do, is there? Time to move on.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 09-16-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •