Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fetch

Thread: Pharmacy made an error in dispensing. What can I do?

Fetch is offline Member

Pharmacy made an error in dispensing. What can I do?

Been on TRT for many years. Been using the same pharmacy to fill the script for at least the last 7 years. I've never made a similar complaint to them. This last time, I got my testosterone filled and didn't actually check the bag for 6 weeks. I had some left over from previous prescriptions that I was using up. When I opened the bag, I had a ton of needles, but no testosterone. The script indicated 12x 1ml vials of test, 12x 25g needles, and 12x 18g needles. There is one ziplock bag with 12x 25g needles/syringes, then two large pill bottles each with 12x 18g needles. On one pill bottle the label says 12x 18g needles, the other pill bottle actually says testosterone. I have never seen test put into a giant pill bottle, but regardless, it looks like they made a mistake and put extra needles instead of the actual testosterone. The obvious problem is that I didn't notice for 6 weeks, unfortunately. I contacted the pharmacy, the guy said he would do a count to see. Of course, he said that all of their vials are accounted for, and I'm out of luck. To me, it looks like at some point someone at the pharmacy pocketed the extra vials so as not to have a discrepancy with a controlled substance, but I can't prove anything. Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? I don't know what I can do, but waiting for 6 weeks to get a new script is definitely not an option.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetch View Post
    Been on TRT for many years. Been using the same pharmacy to fill the script for at least the last 7 years. I've never made a similar complaint to them. This last time, I got my testosterone filled and didn't actually check the bag for 6 weeks. I had some left over from previous prescriptions that I was using up. When I opened the bag, I had a ton of needles, but no testosterone. The script indicated 12x 1ml vials of test, 12x 25g needles, and 12x 18g needles. There is one ziplock bag with 12x 25g needles/syringes, then two large pill bottles each with 12x 18g needles. On one pill bottle the label says 12x 18g needles, the other pill bottle actually says testosterone. I have never seen test put into a giant pill bottle, but regardless, it looks like they made a mistake and put extra needles instead of the actual testosterone. The obvious problem is that I didn't notice for 6 weeks, unfortunately. I contacted the pharmacy, the guy said he would do a count to see. Of course, he said that all of their vials are accounted for, and I'm out of luck. To me, it looks like at some point someone at the pharmacy pocketed the extra vials so as not to have a discrepancy with a controlled substance, but I can't prove anything. Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? I don't know what I can do, but waiting for 6 weeks to get a new script is definitely not an option.
    Kind of a similar experience, but not to that degree and the pharmacy resolved it immediately. Usually, I check the count on my test vials and syringes before leaving, but was in a hurry and did it when I got in my truck.

I went back in and told I was short a 1ml vial and explained the paper bag with test was torn before I opened it. They immediately gave me a 1 ml vial to replace the missing one with no problems.

They later found it down in the bin holding scripts awaiting pickup.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Fetch is offline Member
    If anyone is curious, this got resolved. I went up the chain to the pharmacy manager, who did a count himself and found that they had the exact number of vials extra that I was missing. He apologized for the first pharmacist and provided the drug.
    Ernst likes this.

Thread Information