Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By i_SLAM_cougars

Thread: Any spiking benefit by taking a shot pre-workout?

alvin is offline New Member

Any spiking benefit by taking a shot pre-workout?

My friend and I have both split our doses into 2 shots per week. He often times his so that his shot is taken about an hour before his workout.

Would an hour even be long enough for the test to have made it into the bloodstream?

And would there even be any benefit to timing your workouts to coincide with your T levels "spiking"?

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Im not sure of the science behind it but I definitely feel better taking my shots pre. To be fair, when I did notice the difference first I was running Tren Ace. Im not sure if my test shot pre workout is having the same effect but it's become a habit now.

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Maybe mentally but would depend more on the ester you are taking. Acetate, Propionate , Cypionate , and Enanthate all have different active half-lives. Taking an IM show will not have the boost that I assume that you wanting so it would be a "psychosomatic" benefit.

What are you splitting the dose twice a week? if it is test C then see the attached picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	178021
    Last edited by David LoPan; 01-21-2020 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added pic

Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Weather your taking Test C, P, E, it wouldn't matter unless you think it makes you stronger, or some other placebo effect.

Test no-ester (TNE) however, that's another story.

alvin is offline New Member
    He and I are both prescribed 160 mg Test C per week.

I figured the pre-workout shot was more of psychological effect than anything.

Thanks for the responses.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin View Post
    My friend and I have both split our doses into 2 shots per week. He often times his so that his shot is taken about an hour before his workout.

Would an hour even be long enough for the test to have made it into the bloodstream?

And would there even be any benefit to timing your workouts to coincide with your T levels "spiking"?
    Probably no benefit to the workout itself. It takes about a day for it to peak. However, keep in mind that exercise is catabolic. You actually lose muscle during the workout. The anabolic phase starts as soon as you stop exercising and the body repairs itself. So, having T peak during the anabolic phase of exercise/recovery is probably a good idea. If you really want to try and time things for a maximal anabolic effect, then an injection about 12-18 hours pre-workout would most likely have the greatest effect. But this is all in theory.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Short answer: no.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No but it can put you in that frame of mind which will have a positive effect.
    Cylon357 likes this.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Y’all need to get yourself some test suspension if you want to play that game. 100mg of test suspension before a workout is a game changer.
    The road likes this.

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    For me personally I feel more aggressive if I take a shot before a workout and I feel like I have better focus and a better pump. All be it I take a little more cyp than you guys and pop a d-bol before I train. I think that the affects are different for different people.

The road is offline Banned- I said my goodbyes.
    With a short or no ester drug it can be timed to peak.

Other benefits can be spot injections on the muscle you are training which aids in isolation of that muscle. A lot of hefty doses in things like biceps will in time cause added growth imo. It takes a lot of injections. Most guys like dbol preworkout for the boost or tne. The extra boost is obvious to me but not noticeable with cyp or enth imo.

JohnnyBreeze is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    No but it can put you in that frame of mind which will have a positive effect.
    This, like others have said. Yes it's a placebo effect and it really doesn't matter when you take it, but if you feel like you have a better workout when injecting right before, then go for it. It's not hurting anything and could very well help.

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    Y’all need to get yourself some test suspension if you want to play that game. 100mg of test suspension before a workout is a game changer.
    One day in the far future I'm going to try this because, he's right. It works out on paper and from what other users have said that have timed it with T-Suspension).

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Probably no benefit to the workout itself. It takes about a day for it to peak. However, keep in mind that exercise is catabolic. You actually lose muscle during the workout. The anabolic phase starts as soon as you stop exercising and the body repairs itself. So, having T peak during the anabolic phase of exercise/recovery is probably a good idea. If you really want to try and time things for a maximal anabolic effect, then an injection about 12-18 hours pre-workout would most likely have the greatest effect. But this is all in theory.
    Also going to try this, in the not so far future. It will be fun to see if I can tell if it helps not just on paper, but in a real world application.

Thread Information