Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: High Estrogen level

parkrangerlovell is offline New Member

High Estrogen level

Afternoon,

Recently had blood work. Estrogen level high and out of range. My TRT doc has me on .5 mg Arimedex after each 100 mg shot of Cypionate . I take 200 mg per week.

Questions
    Is that the right dosage and will that lower my Estrogen levels
    What are your thoughts on my other levels

General thoughts.

Thank you in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Estrogen level-screenshot_20200229-142711_myquest.jpg   High Estrogen level-screenshot_20200229-142702_myquest.jpg  

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by parkrangerlovell View Post
    Afternoon,

Recently had blood work. Estrogen level high and out of range. My TRT doc has me on .5 mg Arimedex after each 100 mg shot of Cypionate . I take 200 mg per week.

Questions
    Is that the right dosage and will that lower my Estrogen levels
    What are your thoughts on my other levels
    A couple of thoughts:

1) Make sure you have the correct E2 lab. Most docs don't have a clue as to which to order. Looking at the range of yours (60-190 pg/mL), it looks like this is the standard female E2 test, which is worthless for men. Men will always test high on this lab. Men need the 'sensitive' assay which is designed to measure E2 levels in the range typically found in men. My lab (LC/MS/MS test method at LabCorp) has a range of 8-35 pg/mL. let's say, for example that your E2 is really 35 pg/mL and you put it in an assay that is designed to measure levels in the 60-190 range, it will always spit out erroneous numbers. So bottom line advice is first make sure you have an E2 problem before chasing after a solution.

2) I am truly amazed that with a dose of 100mg twice weekly (200mg/week), you only have Total T levels in the 800's and Free T that is only mid-range. I guess that we are all different. For me, doses of anything over about 120mg/week (~50mg E3D) will send my Total T over 1500 (upper level of detectability for the test I use). It will also send my Free T up to about 26pg/mL. Keep in mind that I use a different lab so you have to look at the results within their published ranges, which are also age adjusted. The normal range for my test is 6.6-18.1 pg/mL for 60+ year olds. My goal is to keep it in the 75% to 100% of a healthy 20-29 year old guy, which is around 22-27 pg/mL (in my test).

3) My initial instinct would be to recommend you cut back on the dose, but given your T levels (Total and Free) are in the excellent target range, I would say no and go with #1. make sure you have the correct lab.

4) A final thought is that resorting to an AI is only recommended if your E2 is way out of range. Your E2 is only a few points high. I'd hold off on the Ai until you have the testing issue sorted out, and even then I would not start an AI when you are only slightly out of range. AIs are very difficult to dose without crashing your E2. It's an irony of Mother Nature that men need E2 too for erections and libido. I've seen way too many guys in forums like this crash their E2 and then wonder why they go limp. My E2 bounces around quite a bit from being borderline low to borderline high. I do not use an AI.

parkrangerlovell is offline New Member
    Thank you very much. I will go back for an Estradiol test and go from there. Appreciate it.

Thread Information