1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member

Humalog prefered to Humalin-R for BB'ing?

I'm going to be starting slin in a about a month, I've been researching for a long time now, mostly lurking.
    I know Humalog is script only in the states so theres less info/experiances with it posted vs Humalin-R. In Canada both are OTC though, I've heard if possible to go with the Humalog because its substantially faster acting which is what I want, I have a very busy schedual.
    Just wondering for those who have used both, did you prefer Humalog? Encounter any issues because of how fast it works? Anything extra I should know before beginning would be great, I plan on starting at just 2iu's PWO /ED and working up to a max of 10iu's if I'm comfortable, for 4 weeks, then 4 weeks off and if it went well the first time I'll give it another go.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Speed is what you want. Less time to worry about glucose levels. Plus the length of it is more than enough to shuttle what needs to be shuttled to the muscle.

Humalog is the way to go

Opt for humalog if possible. Its in and out faster so there is a smaller window of becoming hypo.

Thanks bros, thats what I thought but had to be sure because Humalin-R sounds like the mainstream standard.

What kinds of gains have guys you been able to get out of a 4 week cycle + AAS? I'm going to start off by running it with a gram of Test and hold off on the Dbol and NPP until after the first 4 weeks so I can tell where the weight is coming from.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Have you read my thread on slin alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
    Have you read my thread on slin alone?
    Yeah it was a good read

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Insulin is Insulin, the only difference in the two is the on-set and the active period times. With Humalin R, you have to watch your nutritional intake for 6 - 8hrs post injection (which can be a hassle for some), where as Humalog you only have to watch your food intake for about 4hrs (which is a lot easier). So that is why most people seem to choose Humalog over Humalin R. But results wise, they are both the same.

Insulin used alone can be beneficial, but seems to reacts better when combined with AAS. I have used Insulin alone and with AAS, and IMO it works a lot better when stacked with AAS. Insulin will only force feed muscle cells with nutrients which leads to higher chances of weight/strength gain.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    What kinds of gains have guys you been able to get out of a 4 week cycle + AAS?
    Like I said, Insulin will only force feed muscle cells with nutrients that will elevate the chances of weight gain, so don't excpet to put on 20LB of Insulin alone, because you most lilkely wont.

You said you want to run Insulin + AAS for 4 weeks? Insulin for 4 weeks is fine, but I wouldn't run AAS for 4 weeks only. I would take AAS for at least 8 weeks. Get some oils and orals along with some Insulin and you can't go wrong.

Hope it all goes well for you.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    Insulin is Insulin, the only difference in the two is the on-set and the active period times. With Humalin R, you have to watch your nutritional intake for 6 - 8hrs post injection (which can be a hassle for some), where as Humalog you only have to watch your food intake for about 4hrs (which is a lot easier). So that is why most people seem to choose Humalog over Humalin R. But results wise, they are both the same.

Insulin used alone can be beneficial, but seems to reacts better when combined with AAS. I have used Insulin alone and with AAS, and IMO it works a lot better when stacked with AAS. Insulin will only force feed muscle cells with nutrients which leads to higher chances of weight/strength gain.

Like I said, Insulin will only force feed muscle cells with nutrients that will elevate the chances of weight gain, so don't excpet to put on 20LB of Insulin alone, because you most lilkely wont.

You said you want to run Insulin + AAS for 4 weeks? Insulin for 4 weeks is fine, but I wouldn't run AAS for 4 weeks only. I would take AAS for at least 8 weeks. Get some oils and orals along with some Insulin and you can't go wrong.

Hope it all goes well for you.

-Gear

I meant I'd run the slin during the first 4 weeks of the cycle, which who knows how long will be in total lol probably 20 weeks. I'm not expecting it to make me a monster by itself, would it be reasonable to expect 10lbs attributed to the slin on a bulk diet? Or is that asking too much?

joevette is offline Banned
    Make sure to inject your humalog IM if you're looking for speed (which we all are). It cuts the total activity time to 2-3hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    would it be reasonable to expect 10lbs attributed to the slin on a bulk diet? Or is that asking too much?
    Everyone reacts differently, therefore everyone will get different results. We both may have the same diet, take the same gear and train the same, but you may put on more weight than me simply because of your genetics. So it all depends on how you react.

I used Insulin alone and only gained about 4LB, but I am sure that it still helped me absorb nutrients easier than usual which would have elevated my chances of gaining weight down the track.

I also used Insulin with AAS, and I can't excatly say how much weight I put on from Insulin as I was using 3 other compounds with it, so who knows which compound was working best. But I did end up gaining a lot of weight early in the cycle (probably first 4 weeks) which I am sure Insulin had a lot to do with.

So generally speaking, using Insulin + good bulking diet could get you the 10LB you are wishing for. But then again, you may not gain even half. You just have to try and see for yourself. 10LB is not asking for much, so generally speaking, I believe it is defenitly possible to gain that much weight when using Insulin + bulking diet. However, if you use Insulin + AAS + bulking diet like you said you would, then I would be very confident in gaining that much weight and even more. Good luck and I hope it all goes well for you.

-Gear

Agreed with joevette. IM injections will cut the on-set and active period times in about half no matter what kind of Insulin you use. This is beneficial as it's out of your system much quiker. IM injections also have a higher % in absorbency.

-Gear

Does this schedual still apply to IM Humalog?

injection + 5 minutes – drink shake with 10g glutamine / 10g creatine / 55g dextrose
    Injection + 15 minutes – drink shake with 80g of whey protein
    Injection + 60 minutes – eat a protein / carb meal with 40-50g of protein, 40-50g of carbs, low fat

Is this 60 minute period the only time I'll have to watch myself?

Yes that applies for Humalog. However though, I usually have my dinner about 1.25hrs later instead of 60 minutes later like yourself.

So:
    "Injection + 60 minutes – eat a protein / carb meal with 40-50g of protein, 40-50g of carbs, low fat"

could be:

Injection + 1.25hrs – eat a protein / carb meal with 40-50g of protein, 40-50g of carbs, low fat. But, waiting 60 minutes to have your dinner should be fine.

Insulin is in your system for about 4hrs (this refers to Sub-Q) therefore if taking Sub-Q injections you must watch your fat intake for that amount of time (4hrs). IM injections brings the active period time down about to about 2.5hrs. So if you are doing IM injections, just to be on the safe side of things, I would wait about 3hrs before consuming any unnucessaray nutrients such as fat. Don't fall asleep while Insulin is active. Good luck to you.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 02-24-2005 at 05:15 PM.

bubba04 is offline New Member
    how much do you think humulin R IM would speed up the delivery time?...i guess that is a better delivery method then subQ since its in your body longer?

Humalin R onset time is about 30 minutes and active period is about 6 - 8hrs. This refers to Sub-Q. However, if you are doing IM injections these times are split in about half.

-Gear

bubba04 is offline New Member
    so onset of about 15 minutes and active 3-4 hours?

i guess this is the prefered method of delivery since its faster acting this way?

Yes, around that time. The faster acting and the sooner it is out of your system the better.

-Gear

Thread Information