MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Insulin for Carb up

i'm 6 days out of my competition, my question about using slin to carb up. when and how much would i use? should i start thursday morning or just the day of the show?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    i'm 6 days out of my competition, my question about using slin to carb up. when and how much would i use? should i start thursday morning or just the day of the show?
    I've yet to do that bro.But recently I asked this exact question to several high level competitors.What they do is use the slin the day prior to the comp for carb loading.They use small doses throughout the day with high carb meals.
    I think the dose is dependant on your own personal experience.Try a lite dose of 4 iu's with one meal and see how you do with that.If need be,up the dose slightly your next carb load meal.
    Good luck with the comp bro!!!Kick some ass!

~Pinnacle~

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    .They use small doses throughout the day with high carb meals.

~Pinnacle~

I posted a thread on this about a month ago and didnt recieve too many responses.

What Pinn just stated I got from a very high level BB'er as well. He said that the day prior to his show he used small doses with every major meal. 3-4 shots that day. That was his trick but dont know of anyone else that has tried that. If you use it incorrectly you might come on stage not looking your absolute best. And since your show is approaching you want to be 100% comfortable.

Best of Luck Ment1on!!!

j martini is offline Member
    IMO i wouldnt risk it, ideally you should have tried it a few weeks ago so that you would be sure how your body was going to respond.

It would be a shame for all those weeks of hard dieting and training to be wasted at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by j martini
    IMO i wouldnt risk it, ideally you should have tried it a few weeks ago so that you would be sure how your body was going to respond.

It would be a shame for all those weeks of hard dieting and training to be wasted at the last minute.
    Point well taken, maybe i'll try it the morning of the show, thats only a thought for now. but thanx guys for the advice.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i'm strugling with the same idea. i want to use it for my next show(may) to see how it goes. i'm seeing that show as an try out and then decide what i do when i do the universe in november.

good luck with your show bro

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    i'm strugling with the same idea. i want to use it for my next show(may) to see how it goes. i'm seeing that show as an try out and then decide what i do when i do the universe in november.

good luck with your show bro

-rodge
    Well if i do try it I'll let you know how it works out, I might get scared and not do it.

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well if i do try it I'll let you know how it works out, I might get scared and not do it.
    if you do then be carefull bro,don't ruin all those weeks of dieting. either way good luck with the show again and don't forget to post some pics afterwards.

-rodge

Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    if you do then be carefull bro,don't ruin all those weeks of dieting. either way good luck with the show again and don't forget to post some pics afterwards.

-rodge
    Pictures are a Must.

Thread Information